• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Missed it by a day. 9 years ago O&A ended.

eggfeller

Franklin Delano Child
Forum Clout
The moment I heard, I knew he was so fired.

This is something paranormal that all O&A live listeners had experienced... I immediately pictured "love ya miss ya" text on Anthony's eyes over a sunset, and sure enough when I rushed to the subreddit someone had literally made the exact photoshop I had imagined. Even with the same photo of Anthony.

That's one of the mystical things about O&A. It was a snowball effect, where the aimless stupidity would trample everything, and unintentionally revealing hidden gems along the way. Unheard of events unfolded before them, and in fact I don't think either of them are aware of the influence they had.

The difference between O&A and any other show was when something more gooder happened, they dropped their whole agenda and went with it. It always seemed they were the best at paying attention to what was happening, and not just trying to autopilot, or brute force their bit idea through. How many times did they play the silent game, dead air, or let 2 callers argue for 20 minutes without intervening. No other show did that. This willingness to allow your show to just become a platform for retardation seemed like they could say/do anything and be untouchable.

I didn't hear O&A until they came to NYC, but listening back to the Menino prank in Boston, I got that guttural sinking feeling, where a thousand different scenarios are rushing through your head. I had the same knowing feeling during Teen Voyeur bus, with Sex For Sam 3, and Anthony's NYC street brawl 2014. Somehow you knew they were not going to be back on the air joking about how "that was a close one."

I cannot explain it, but even if it was an off-air event you still got a spidey sense. My only exception was homeless charlie, that felt like just another day. Still insane to me that they got suspended from satellite radio.
i remember looking for that day’s show on youtube & seeing the image you described on the thumbnail. same sinking feeling. hilarious yet also a tad gay that moment is burned into our memories with nearly the same magnitude as 9/11

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
i remember looking for that day’s show on youtube & seeing the image you described on the thumbnail. same sinking feeling. hilarious yet also a tad gay that moment is burned into our memories with nearly the same magnitude as 9/11

The difference is I didn't laugh at 9/11 until after it happened.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Let me also remind everyone why Nana hates Opie and it has nothing to do with the firing or Greggshells.

You all know the history. The little cunt won’t even look at me, Nana is punching pillows, Nana gets fired. Op and Nana start throwing shots on Twitter because Opie starts elaborating on their relationship honestly. Greggshells happens. Op and Jim split. Greggshells 2. Big Jay Roast, Sue, etc.

There was a point in time where Nana stopped giving Opie shit, and it was the moment O&J split up. I think Nana thought with the three of them the relationship dynamics would be too complicated. Now that it’s just Opie, and the O&A IP is more valuable than A&J, let me reach out. Back in the day we assumed Ant reaching out to Opie on his first show was helping Opie. It wasn’t. It was to help Ant because he needed Opie. So then theres a little grace period. Nana even loses his Twitter sticking up for Opie. And then Keith offered Compound to Opie.

And then he did it again.

And then he tried a third time.

All three times Opie said no. If Anthony was doing Opie a favor by calling into his show, why didn’t Opie ask to join Compound and instead it was the other way around? There was two options with what Opie was offered and why he said no:

The first, and least likely, is that Anthony negotiated shit on his terms and he could have fucked this up in many ways. He could have been unwilling to budge from the Compound platform, studio, branding, and subscription model. He may have been unwilling to budge in who the “host” or board op for the program would be, having Ant run the show instead of Opie.

The second and most likely answer is Opie told him “I can’t work with you.” Lest not forget Greggshells and all the shit that happened between them would NEVER have happened if they just had a fucking beer together. Opie was WILLING to go on Compound and see what the future held for them career wise if they tried to fix their shit and get real and Cumia wouldn’t have it. Opie said “I’ll take half of Compound if we go get a beer” and Cumia refused. Or he decided “Yeah, i’m good with a couple phoners but we can’t work together like that anymore.” and nothing would have changed it.

Notice how the public Opie bashing ramped up after this moment? After this Ant went full “gloves off” mocking Opies solo show, his beer show, his livestreams, walking around NYC, his social media posts, literally anything. He joined the WATP circlejerk and delighted in shitting on Opie with Jim whenever he could. I would mention the Chip Podcast digs too but no one even watched that. Even when their relationship was hot off the coals in 2014 it wasn’t as weirdly resentful and rabid as it is now, almost a decade later.

The Hammer Dropper was the last ship to relevancy Nana had and it left him in the water. Now think about water. What is it? No really, think about it.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
Opie didn't want to be "The Nigger Guy's" buddy. After Sex For Sam 2002 it was "Those guys who had sex in a church". "Opie Radio" Might as well be "The Nigger Guy's Friend's Show" post 2014. That's why he's untouchable by any media company.

If the guy could let go of Opie and hold onto Gregg Hughes he'd be doing better. Just be Gregg.

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
The amount of humiliating things that Anthony has endured since getting fired could fill multi-volume encyclopedia.
Oh don’t be coy LingerLonger. Lets list it for everyone just so they’re reminded of how bad this guy fucked up his life:

-Blew his entire fanbase by making Compound subscription based and no paywall
-Letting LOS and Gavin go
-Having KtC as a producer and caregiver
-Bombing at the Big Jay Roast
-Sperging on Reddit over Big Jay Roast
-Doxxing fans using payment info
-“BACK TO OBSCURITY!!” DMs
-Joe Derosa leaves him
-Ronnie B tells him he got lost
-Sue Lightning affair
-Sperging on Reddit over Sue
-r/TACS shutdown by it’s own moderators
-Beating on his girlfriend and having it livestreamed
-Fucking over his friends by faking a court ordered rehab stint
-Trying to get a random Twitter troll fired from his job and kicked out of college
-When his ex girlfriend wrote that expose about how he was a xanax riddled junkie
-Ben Dovid Reddit AMA and drunk lisping phone call
-Fucking up his relationship with Ronnie B AND Colin Flaherty on the same day
-Fucking up his relationship with Bill Burr
-Fucking up his relationship with every Comedy Cellar comic in one night
-Losing “I dont know it’s a tough one, contract negotiations dude.” Norton as a friend and show guest
-Hiring Erock
-Hiring Artie the Junkie for a million only for Artie to swindle him
-Blowing money on Dave Landau only to be used as a launchpad for him
-Failing to get the Destroyer 3 times, failing to get him on the show once
-The entire book ordeal
-The book signing and tour
-His comedy career
-Losing his house
-Losing his guns
-Having to move to the South
-Lost like 5 different Twitter accounts

Yeah you’re right this is too long.

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
Opie didn't want to be "The Nigger Guy's" buddy. After Sex For Sam 2002 it was "Those guys who had sex in a church". "Opie Radio" Might as well be "The Nigger Guy's Friend's Show" post 2014. That's why he's untouchable by any media company.

If the guy could let go of Opie and hold onto Gregg Hughes he'd be doing better. Just be Gregg.
I respectfully disagree. Opie is untouchable because he’s Opie and it has nothing to do with Anthony. Opie hasn’t associated with Ant since his firing, disavowed his tweets and thoughts, and has tried “reinventing” himself into a more family guy after that. Even if you get past him being “Opie from the Opie and Anthony show” he’s “Opie, the guy who filmed an employee shitting”. People would rather look at him during O&A when the show was carrying a massive audience than…O&J or the Opie show, which had no audience, pull, or personality.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
It was a complete test run for one to gauge if there was still interest in the O&A brand, and obviously there was and is. This video has half a million views even if it 6 years ago.

O&A is / was Juicero.

It sounded awesome, but it was really just juicepacks you could squeeze in to a glass yourself, for a subscription.

“Opie, the guy who filmed an employee shitting”.

Oh right. Daenerys sorta forgot about the Iron Fleet.

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
O&A is / was Juicero.

It sounded awesome, but it was really just juicepacks you could squeeze in to a glass yourself, for a subscription.
I’m not saying Opie and Anthony had some million member cult following. My point was that, sure. People will listen for Anthony, they’ll listen for Jim, some will listen for Opie. But what people want to hear is the whole show together. If O&A reunited, even without Jimmy, it’d be more popular than whatever the hell they’re doing apart.

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
If they did signings at local horror-cons they'd make more that what they do now.
You have to give Opie some credit simply because he’s doing the most respectable “show” out of the three. They all went to the extremes of their possible evolutions post breakup. Anthony went into reinventing himself 180 into a white traditional cultural conservative political guy, Jimmy went COMPLETELY down the road and is doing filler radio with an intern, and Opie stopped giving a fuck or trying to find a career and streams on Youtube at the beach. They all have a “show” but Anthony and Jim are trying to be shows…would you even call streaming on Youtube a “show”?

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
-Blew his entire fanbase by making Compound subscription based and no paywall
What was the highest amount of subscribers he had at one time, you think? 10,000?

-Letting LOS and Gavin go
This was the nail in the coffin, and it didn't take very long. I didn't care for LOS, but Gavin's show was entertaining and had a huge variety of guests. I think Gavin's departure was inevitable, so he should've fought hard to keep LOS on.

-Bombing at the Big Jay Roast
-Sperging on Reddit over Big Jay Roast
If he just admitted he bombed it would've been okay. He's such an alkie tard.

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
What was the highest amount of subscribers he had at one time, you think? 10,000?
I honest to god think 10,000 is generous. The highest point his subscribers could have been is right after his firing, when he had LOS + Gavin and before the fans turned on him.

The Paywall. It makes no fucking sense. The subscription shit is too confusing to manage between both shows, especially when no one knew where both shows would go. How many people trust Anthony with their credit card subscription? What if you lock in for a year and it goes out in a month or two? No free shows or clips. No promotion means you’re banking entirely on the ingrained fanbase who are already locked into a subscription, show, and format of radio with SiriusXM. and then the content. because even if you DID see clips of this fucking guy its not funny, not like O&A, mostly political and racist. And even if you DID want to be racist Cumia is a fucking idiot and hypocrite who no one can or does believe in. And he has no talent or skill for political talk because he’s a dumb fuck who’s only good for Shining references.

I think genuinely think post firing if you put a chart up of his subscriber growth it would be downward trend to a flatline. All he has now is his ingrained sycophant retards who suck his balls all day.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
I honest to god think 10,000 is generous. The highest point his subscribers could have been is right after his firing, when he had LOS + Gavin and before the fans turned on him.
How many listeners did O&A have in 2014? I thought a conservative guess would be 100,000. You think it's lower than that?

The Paywall. It makes no fucking sense. The subscription shit is too confusing to manage between both shows, especially when no one knew where both shows would go. How many people trust Anthony with their credit card subscription? What if you lock in for a year and it goes out in a month or two? No free shows or clips. No promotion means you’re banking entirely on the ingrained fanbase who are already locked into a subscription, show, and format of radio with SiriusXM. and then the content. because even if you DID see clips of this fucking guy its not funny, not like O&A, mostly political and racist. And even if you DID want to be racist Cumia is a fucking idiot and hypocrite who no one can or does believe in. And he has no talent or skill for political talk because he’s a dumb fuck who’s only good for Shining references.
In hindsight had he just streamed his early show to Youtube, he would have done okay just collecting super chats, plus he wouldn't have had to worry about bandwidth or whatever else. Once uploaded, he could have just monetized the episodes through ads. Shortly thereafter was the lead up to Trump's presidency, which means by the time it was down to him against Hillary (2016), Anthony would've been doing a DiPaolo-styled political rant show that appealed to boomers, MAGAtards, and whoever was left over from the O&A fanbase. Like... he wouldn't have even had to try hard to be funny.

DiPaolo started putting clips of his show on Youtube waaaaaay later, and today has 163k subs and around an average of 6-7k views on his clips with some hitting 20k. Nana could have been so far ahead with a free Youtube presence, especially considering he's been on Rogan two or three times. This would have helped when he lost his Twitter account, too.

He fucked up big.

I think genuinely think post firing if you put a chart up of his subscriber growth it would be downward trend to a flatline. All he has now is his ingrained sycophant retards who suck his balls all day.
Redbar said he gets hundreds, not thousands, of views per episode. Geno Bisconte's shows get like 50 or some shit. It's, uh, not good.