Let's settle this shit right now, funsters.

Austin or the Rock

• Stone Cold Steve Funster

• The Rockster

Results are only viewable after voting.

HH Brother

I wanna fuck you up the ass, funster.
Been listening to a lot of wrestling podcasts lately and it made me think back to the two top era stars of the Attitude Era, funsters.

Gotta go with Austin. Better on the mic and would completely dress down who he's talking about, promos, intensity, best entrance theme, led all merch sales by a mile at his peak, and had a timeless personality that you could watch now and still buy into it, funsters.

Always saw the Rock as a closet case johnnynoname, with his corny creative team written catchphrases that only marks still enjoy. His billion dollar movie career doesn't impress me and I don't know why that's even factored in when I couldn't name one movie he's been in beyond the shitty Mummy films.

I wish the Hulkster coulda got that match with him, but I wasn't going to job for him and neither him for me.

HH Brother

I’d say stone cold but I’m partial to Brian Pillman, funster. Brian’s got a gun!
Big fan of the Hollywood Blondes, treester.

1690216209554.png

HH Brother

Kind of interesting they were both meant to be heels but it turned out the audience loved them.
WWF had the two best wrestlers in the industry at the same time, treester. The analogy I defer to is Austin is 1a and Rock was 1b. There was more lead up to Austin being on the top from his King of the Ring promo on Jake Roberts to him beating Michaels for the title. The Rock's ascent was way shorter than that and I always felt he petered out quickly. He faces yours truly and the crowd is chanting for me.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
WWF had the two best wrestlers in the industry at the same time, treester. The analogy I defer to is Austin is 1a and Rock was 1b. There was more lead up to Austin being on the top from his King of the Ring promo on Jake Roberts to him beating Michaels for the title. The Rock's ascent was way shorter than that and I always felt he petered out quickly. He faces yours truly and the crowd is chanting for me.
Bischoff fired Austin not realizing it was the biggest mistake of his career.

Harry Powell

Lyndon Evans Superfan
I like looking back on that era because the crowd was so wild for them. It was a time before cell phones.
In the 90s, I genuinely thought wrestling was stupid because “it’s obviously fake!”. I was a retarded preteen. I didn’t understand the appeal that the crowd was willingly working into the shoots.

I didn’t appreciate what it really was until the peak was gone. I look back with so much regret.

The atmosphere and the crowd will never ever be like that for any sporting event again.

HH Brother

Bischoff fired Austin not realizing it was the biggest mistake of his career.
Bischoff was too busy with all the toys he inherited from Vince to pay attention to multi billion dollar potential, treester.

DiBiase bailing on WWF for WCW was the best thing to happen to Austin since he was allowed to cut his own promos.

Jenna

If God truly loved you He'd have made you taller
Both guys had incredibly short reigns as main eventers by comparison, late 90s-early 00s.

Austin was more over, but he was limited due to injuries (that damn Owen Hart piledriver) and the tremendous heel work of Vince that was simmering since the Screwjob. He was also notoriously difficult backstage, refusing to work with Jeff Jarrett, refusing to work with Brock Lesnar, refusing to have the dream Austin vs Hogan match at WM and instead giving us... Austin vs Scott Hall.

Rock was just more polished (pun unintended). He brought more humor, but he wasn't loyal to the business and used it as a stepping stone to Hollywood. Still, he did so by proving he was the most charismatic worker in the company.

I pick Rock, just because there were a lot of forgettable Austin promos that blended together - I'm gonna stomp a mudhole in the Undertaker blah blah. I remember when heel Hollywood Rock was feuding with The Hurricane (willing to elevate a younger guy) he would purposely screw up when they tried pre-taping the segment so they'd have to do it live, so when they did it live he could improvise and feed off the arena's energy. Yeah he was a catchphrase machine but he got so many of them over.

HH Brother

In the 90s, I genuinely thought wrestling was stupid because “it’s obviously fake!”. I was a retarded preteen. I didn’t understand the appeal of that the crowd was willing working into the shoots.

I didn’t appreciate what it really was until the peak was gone. I look back with so much regret.

The atmosphere and the crowd will never ever be like that for any sporting event again.
I was only at Raw once in that era and it was at the peak of Austin and Vince feuding, brother. Austin crowd pops are second to none.

HH Brother

Both guys had incredibly short reigns as main eventers by comparison, late 90s-early 00s.

Austin was more over, but he was limited due to injuries (that damn Owen Hart piledriver) and the tremendous heel work of Vince that was simmering since the Screwjob. He was also notoriously difficult backstage, refusing to work with Jeff Jarrett, refusing to work with Brock Lesnar, refusing to have the dream Austin vs Hogan match at WM and instead giving us... Austin vs Scott Hall.

Rock was just more polished (pun unintended). He brought more humor, but he wasn't loyal to the business and used it as a stepping stone to Hollywood. Still, he did so by proving he was the most charismatic worker in the company.

I pick Rock, just because there were a lot of forgettable Austin promos that blended together - I'm gonna stomp a mudhole in the Undertaker blah blah. I remember when heel Hollywood Rock was feuding with The Hurricane (willing to elevate a younger guy) he would purposely screw up when they tried pre-taping the segment so they'd have to do it live, so when they did it live he could improvise and feed off the arena's energy. Yeah he was a catchphrase machine but he got so many of them over.
Austin as a worker was much better obviously before Owen fucked him up permanently. It then shortchanged Austin's career and he retired relatively young. I'm glad Austin walked out of the Brock match. Block head faggot with a giant dick tattoo on his chest.
The Rockster was a catchphrase repeating bore, he was no Austin or even a Foley, bland boring face, pretty good heel.
Rock was a great heel, I'll give him that. I liked him a lot back then, but not as much as Austin obviously. But his stuff doesn't hold up.

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
Austin as a worker was much better obviously before Owen fucked him up permanently. It then shortchanged Austin's career and he retired relatively young. I'm glad Austin walked out of the Brock match. Block head faggot with a giant dick tattoo on his chest.

Rock was a great heel, I'll give him that. I liked him a lot back then, but not as much as Austin obviously. But his stuff doesn't hold up.
The Rock's best incarnation was as Hollywood Rock in 2003, people where tired as shit of his shtick by that point, so he had to turn heel, his chickenshit character cracked me up for sure.

Austin is the GOAT though, his run in 1996 against Bret is gold.

HH Brother

The Rock's best incarnation was as Hollywood Rock in 2003, people where tired as shit of his shtick by that point, so he had to turn heel, his chickenshit character cracked me up for sure.

Austin is the GOAT though, his run in 1996 against Bret is gold.

He had the best out of ring segments where he would attack people, colotomyster.

CutesyMissy

"... radio's most notorious shock jock."
I have to disagree, brothermen.
The Rockster was the greatest mic wrestler (maybe Flair, Randy or HBK were better on promos). Mind you, his in-ring skills were serviceable, at best, but the rico-suave Rockster, with the cuban link chains was unstoppable on the mic.

Jenna

If God truly loved you He'd have made you taller

I never really saw Austin as that great of a worker compared to some of the other guys around that timeline - Benoit, Eddie, Angle. Lot of punches and stomps. Not that Rock was a particularly great worker either. The years in between the WCW sale and "Cena main events every PPV" were a strange time. You had the established guys - Undertaker, Kane, HHH, HBK. Then you had the former WCW/ECW guys like Jericho, Benoit, Eddie, RVD, Booker, Rey. Then you had the "prospects", guys like Angle, Brock, Edge.

After the McMahon vs Austin feud ended, they didn't really know what to do with him. So they turned him heel and made him head of the Alliance to give him something to do. To feud with other wrestlers, they'd have to look like chumps. Angle wearing his stupid little cowboy hat, Booker T in the supermarket. Austin really only seemed comfortable working with the same handful of guys - Rock, HHH, Taker, Kane.