Knife Thread

PorqueDealer

Portly Pepperoni Purveyor
Nice Knife guys, I bought them for my wife.

My knife? oh just a little something I had to disarm off an attacker years ago.
Carried it with me ever since.

Niki's Bull

Strawberry Letter 23
For what purpose are you carrying around a knife? I'd get it if you lived in a really shitty neighborhood but it sounds like you only have one to feel cool.
If you ever go camping in remote areas you need to have a gun and a knife. I'm talking about areas that are a two-day walk from any electricity or running water. When I was a teenager I used to camp in these areas with my dad in the Mountain West. We armed ourselves with a 30-30 Winchester rifle and a Ruger GP100 .357 revolver. On more than one occasion we were confronted by a black bear at our camp site. Luckily we were able to scare the bear off by yelling at them.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
If you ever go camping in remote areas you need to have a gun and a knife. I'm talking about areas that are a two-day walk from any electricity or running water. When I was a teenager I used to camp in these areas with my dad in the Mountain West. We armed ourselves with a 30-30 Winchester rifle and a Ruger GP100 .357 revolver. On more than one occasion we were confronted by a black bear at our camp site. Luckily we were able to scare the bear off by yelling at them.
Yeah, no shit. I asked why someone would need a knife at all times. Walking around with a knife 24/7 is no different than constantly wearing a life jacket cause you need it when you're at sea.

offgridknives.com

I have the rapid fire rescue I use for work as I'm often in a harness. (No I'm not a gimp) Their Viper series are really good EDC knives but I haven't got around to buying one yet. I have a really nice black kukri machete (from a generic hardware store) I use on our coffee plantation. Works brilliant if you want an elaborate weed whacker in thick growth.

Not starting a new thread about it but has anyone found a good compact intrinsic flashlight on their travels? Ideally rechargeable, rubberised and capable of taking a real beating. After about a month every light i buy starts getting a bad contact somewhere and I'm forever slapping it around to get a full beam.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Every knife and every pair of sunglasses I have ever had has been something I found on the floor somewhere. Never bought either of those items in my life.
Same. When I worked in a bar was where I got most of my knives and sunglasses. Always dropped or left behind. Same with lighters.

bumbum8

It died on the vine
I bought two Morakniv knives back when they were 10 bucks, now I see they've doubled in price. Worth it anyway, they stand up to all my cowboy shit like cutting up roots before planting trees, cutting that stupid plastic shit off the lumber at Lowes, and getting the wrap off of rolled hay.
Opinel makes good knives for carrying around and they're cheap so you don't feel bad if you lose one.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Same. When I worked in a bar was where I got most of my knives and sunglasses. Always dropped or left behind. Same with lighters.
Umbrella's are another one I've never bought, but have found and lost many. I found a really good one last year and pay attention to where I keep it.

I have Oakley that are probably $400 that someone left at the cash register of a Chipotle. I watched as he placed them down and noticed he was talking on the phone and to the cashier, so super distracted. I purposely inched closer to him to make him feel as if I'm rushing him. He left the glasses behind. I stared at them the whole time I was being rung up and said thanks to the cashier and just took the glasses. Seen the dude who left them behind drive off in his Chrysler 200 and was stoked. I didn't even know they were Oakley's until I actually looked at them and the next day someone at work complimented on them. I said I found them he laughed and told me to look up the model and they were not cheap.

They didn't cost me a dime so I toss them around like I would with any pair of sunglasses.

Niki's Bull

Strawberry Letter 23
Yeah, no shit. I asked why someone would need a knife at all times. Walking around with a knife 24/7 is no different than constantly wearing a life jacket cause you need it when you're at sea.
Suit yourself. That's just more knives for the rest of us.

A few years ago I packed the inflatable life jacket under my airplane seat. So I'm set in that regard as well.

Last edited:
Tiny Swiss Army Knife on my keychain. Benchmade Bailout right hip pocket (Over 200$ MSRP but I got it for 187$).

Esse 3 MIL in the bag, if I'm walking around with my bag. (Emergency Fixed Blade) Cold Steel Rajah 3 in my jacket pocket, if I'm wearing a jacket. (Can't open a lot of knives one-handed with gloves on.)

If I'm working on or in the yard, a Bradford Guardian 3.5 Tanto point horizontally carried on the left hip of my workbelt. Keeps conversations with the neighbors as short as possible. Small bag of tools on my right side hip. Small bag of tools has a very unsharpened knife for scraping stuff (SOG Instinct I beat on for years).

If a branch has fallen in the front yard and I actually need to process a large amount of wood? Ka-Bar's Heavy Duty Warthog and Ka-Bar's Zomostro machete. Anything that can't handle I got a cheapy Ryobi battery chainsaw for.

I got a couple of knives around that I don't use anymore in a drawer somewhere. Also a couple cheap ones I bought just cause they looked cute. But the ones mentioned above are the ones I use and carry regularly.

BTW, since I just got that Benchmade Bailout and the deal is ongoing, go to kaviso.com and there's a 20% off code for Benchmade products. "WAYNE" There's supposedly a 10% one for Spyderco, "SPYDIE" but I didn't buy a Spyderco so I don't know if it still works. That YouTube faggot WaynesSharpWorld gets paid over it, not me.

Most of the knives are already at a discount there. One of these retarded "Men's EDC" kike companies went bankrupt (Drop/MassDrop Mechanical Keyboards and Knives most reddit company ever). So Kaviso bought their knife inventory for a song and are using VERY reasonable prices to drive sales to their camping equipment website and harvest email addresses. I'm sure there's a kike behind them too, but what you gonna do?