Knife Thread

Dog Eater

Apartheid is cool.
What pocket knives do you have and why are they good? Fuck ‘collections’ and anything that costs $200, only stuff that you actually use regularly.

My go to is a Kershaw Blur, very flat in my pocket and the assisted opening is useful. I prefer the tanto style but currently have a drop point with the saw tooth which I’ve used more than the blade probably. I’ve had this one for 7 years now and other than the rubber grip inserts being worn there’s nothing wrong with it.

The other one is a cold steel gunsite counter point. There’s nothing special about it other than the locking mechanism which is strong as shit, it’s just bigger and I use it when I’m out bush.

If you think knives are autistic and gay you’re correct, unfortunately they’re very useful for cutting stuff.

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
Until I lost it a 4" Cold Steel Ti-Lite was my work knife, I use it for everything from marking wood for cuts to popping staples to minor surgery when I get a deep splinter. Until I get a new one, I carry a generic Ti-Lite copy, actually a fantastic knife. Had a spring-assist for a bit until it went off in my pocket, got lucky but it was entirely too close for comfort.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
For what purpose are you carrying around a knife? I'd get it if you lived in a really shitty neighborhood but it sounds like you only have one to feel cool.

RedHeadpw2

Fan of the Era
I use my old Leatherman Wave model at least once a week, going on 15 years or so. Same with an old model Cold Steel Voyager (4 in. clip point). I prefer a spear point with a flat grind for camping or hiking like an older Benchmade i have. I think the cheap, lightweight Mora fixed blades are a good value for extras to have around the house, garage, a backpack, etc. For most of my sharpening I use a Jewelstik 3-sided diamond rod. Have done for 15-20 years now, yikes!

HH Brother

I wanna fuck you up the ass, funster.
WWAW knife fighters, funster?

1678729073347.png

G

I always liked my kershaw pocket knife. Leatherman for me cause I’m an avid fisher (brother) man

Niki's Bull

Strawberry Letter 23
My two knock around knives are Cold Steel Recon1s. One has a tanto point, the other is a spear.

My two favorite knives are a Buck 119 that I inherited from my father, who owned it since he was a teenager, and a Buck 110 that he had my initials etched on and gave to me for my birthday. Those don't leave the house.

I also have a $200 Benchmade Grizzly Creek and a really nice old Swedish Sami knife that is probably worth a cool thousand, but per the rules I won't talk about them here.

Last edited:

Toast

I still have the butterfly knife I bought as a teen. I keep it in the nightstand next to my bed, yah know for intruders or mouthy whores.

Also spent $400 on a legit 2 handed sword in my 20's. It's in the basement as it's not very useful, unless we have an old timey battle.

RedGlareRecipient

Rocketeer
Usually a Buck 110 / Leatherman Wave since that’ll do most of what I need, plus a Kershaw Launch 8 just to feel like a Stephen King bully.

I also got a Buck 117 Brahma recently because the shape of the classic 119 is great but a 6” blade is a little standoffish in most places.