Jim & Sam Show has been on air for almost SEVEN years

SpitballSparky

"Can we come over & discuss your daughter's tits?"

I keep hearing that this is Sirius XM's main audience, but it has to be old truckers, right?

I just can't imagine some 30-year-old dude getting a big rig and sprinting to get satellite radio. The younger generation in that industry has to know about podcasts, YouTube, and other audio entertainment sources that don't cost 22$ bucks a month.

Is there some young cohort of retards that I'm missing that'll be the customers of the future for Jim & Sam?

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
I keep hearing that this is Sirius XM's main audience, but it has to be old truckers, right?

I just can't imagine some 30-year-old dude getting a big rig and sprinting to get satellite radio. The younger generation in that industry has to know about podcasts, YouTube, and other audio entertainment sources that don't cost 22$ bucks a month.

Is there some young cohort of retards that I'm missing that'll be the customers of the future for Jim & Sam?
Are they still part of the premium package?

Jim opens the show by making a comment as if it's the end of the show, just to confuse the listeners. They giggle and get straight into Disney chat, Sams favourite fast food joints, Jims co-habiting with the tranny, Troys life being better in Florida, more fast food, Jims new obsession with Kiss Posters, more fast food, wrap up...rinse and repeat
does the Worm talk about Egg Whites or frozen yogurt?

Too much sugar in frozen yogurt.
True 🧐 cuz Jim's trying to look good not like a Bulldyke Lesbian celebrity circa 1996
Screenshot_20230822-180755-240.png

G

Remember that guy who would do the Opie Radio breakdowns on the sub? Every now and then I think about bringing that bit back with J&S to open up some new shitposting material, but I can't endure it long enough. They still have that really gay pop rock song as their intro they originally played ironically as a bit (which wasn't funny at all then, and is especially not years later).

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Remember that guy who would do the Opie Radio breakdowns on the sub? Every now and then I think about bringing that bit back with J&S to open up some new shitposting material, but I can't endure it long enough. They still have that really gay pop rock song as their intro they originally played ironically as a bit (which wasn't funny at all then, and is especially not years later).
I miss the hindsight report.

cliveowen

stlaker
They're so boring they haven't even had an on-air fight yet.
I remember a tense moment early on. I forget what started it but Jim said a lot of the audience tunes out if they talk about wrestling too much or have too many on as guests. Sam got really bitchy and said the same thing is true about UFC fighters. It was a weird moment and showed they were never really friends, they just both hated Opie (even though the guy was responsible for both their careers)

I thought it would lead to some big blowup, but here we are 7 glorious years later.

DMAN

NYC Mayor

The problem is you definitely run out of new podcasts to listen to, because most of them are weekly and only 1 or 2 hours. IF THAT. It's like that moment where you're looking for something to watch, then you realize you've been looking for almost as long as it would have taken you to just watch something.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
The problem is you definitely run out of new podcasts to listen to, because most of them are weekly and only 1 or 2 hours. IF THAT. It's like that moment where you're looking for something to watch, then you realize you've been looking for almost as long as it would have taken you to just watch something.
E874511A-2B3B-4D7A-A6D9-2128BCF4EBB3.jpeg

I get what you’re saying, and I fucking hate Rogan, but there ARE podcasts out there that could easily fill 2-3 years of someone driving for work everyday. I do get where you’re coming from though. There are a shit ton of podcasts usually created after 2021 thats the most boring content you’ve ever listened to and is only like 10 episodes. Either way, remember that young peoples attentions spans are fucking fried. They’ll switch from one podcast to another and not even notice

DMAN

NYC Mayor
I get what you’re saying, and I fucking hate Rogan, but there ARE podcasts out there that could easily fill 2-3 years of someone driving for work everyday.

How often do people find a podcast they like that has a backlog of 3 years to listen to that would still be timely? Not very often. Once you've found Rogan and all his ass pals (who have been at it for years) you've heard it all or at least want something new. You don't just go to Google.com and type "good podcasts" and get a list to pick from. You find podcasts through other podcasts, or by random mentions elsewhere.

They’ll switch from one podcast to another and not even notice

We are talking about truckers, not really young people in general.

The reason SiriusXM is still somewhat useful is the same idea behind why there are still TV networks. TV corporations could easily replace live TV with on demand streams, which would be less resource intensive. But there's still an audience who doesn't feel like picking out a show, or even a particular episode of their favorite show. They would rather just turn the feed on and have something going that they can join in progress. Fez Whatley wouldn't collect DVDs of his favorite shows for this reason. He doesn't wanna pick. He just wants to watch it randomly.

That's why I miss the old wild west days of the Roku. There were dozens of 24 hour streams that would just play a particular show's entire run over and over. Sopranos channel, Simpsons channel, Seinfeld channel, etc.

DMAN

NYC Mayor
My TV provider has started 24/7 stream channels on its EPG. I don't know who is watching Baywatch on a loop but it's out there.

I'm amazed it wasn't done sooner. You don't need to waste bandwidth on a real stream. When somebody is actually trying to watch that shit, it can just open the On Demand file and start playing the certain episode at the certain timecode which WOULD have been airing IF it was a real channel. Maybe that's why Pluto came from out of nowhere. They kinda figured that out.