• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

I’m tired of pretending Opie isn’t funny.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
Anthony and Jim tended to do lowest common denominator, overtly obvious to the point of stupid jokes. Opie's lines, when they were good, tended to be more low-key and subtle, as in Sue's example. Naturally, stupid people gravitated towards the stupider of the three

Yes Opie was the thinking man's choice. The haters really don't know the comedy just flew over their heads. Opie was like a dog whistle for funny.

Opie is very good at something he'd never want to be; a PD. He got Patrice his own show, was the one who thought Jim would make a good third mic, and so on. He is good at picking the right people.

Well, that's because the show was his invention. He was the talent scout and director. On their first CD release Demented World, in the liner notes they both wrote paragraphs. Anthony's was all stupid ass corny jokes and Opie's perfectly explained a synopsis of the O&A show being a twisted comedy show.

Opie created the brand, Anthony was just a recruit.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
On their first CD release Demented World, in the liner notes they both wrote paragraphs. Anthony's was all stupid ass corny jokes and Opie's perfectly explained a synopsis of the O&A show being a twisted comedy show.
Someone posted that a while back and the differences were very striking. I remember Anthony's having a big spiteful, self-aggrandizing biography that was absent from the Opster's. Quite a bit of Rupert Pupkinesque reminiscing over how far he's come and spitting petty barbs at random people in his past. An early warning sign of the self-interested jackassery that would gradually consume him over time.

Forum Clout
Someone posted that a while back and the differences were very striking. I remember Anthony's having a big spiteful, self-aggrandizing biography that was absent from the Opster's. Quite a bit of Rupert Pupkinesque reminiscing over how far he's come and spitting petty barbs at random people in his past. An early warning sign of the self-interested jackassery that would gradually consume him over time.
MISTAH HUGHES, HE HAVING QUADRUPLE BYPASS OVA HERE, DRINKING EVERYTHING

Hudson Margera-Hughes

Heyyyy, HELLHOLE ADLsters...
Forum Clout
This was so few and far between though. Somebody mentioned a clip of when a retard gets banned from church. I didn't remember that bit so I listened to it. It's a good example of Opie being Opie. There's no original lines, he does a "your joke but worse" and his only source of contribution is reading subpar instant feedback lines. Listen to Anti-Semitic Happy Days. Same exact Opie.

So if there were a dozen or so Opie "gems", what about the thousands of other shows where we got road apples instead.
Road apples and road sodas. That fucking piss poor hack. Dopie is every bit the comedy destroyer he's been branded and will take it to the grave. "Check out da empties, maaaahhhhhn." Sniff.