• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

I Wanna See the Courthouse Movie! Updated Schedules, Links to Casefiles

G

222.png

Looks like the hearing is pushed to 9-23.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
Blue balls. This means they have to ask for ANOTHER extension in WI?
I'm pretty sure they have to. Their whole story was that they had to get Quasi's info through the California suit in order to get the other Does, so everything depends on that concluding. It's either begging for an extension or admitting that they lied about needing to dox Quasi and find some new angle, stat.

Given that this seems like it was the court's decision to reschedule, I could see Ashley granting another extension, but I doubt he's terribly pleased with this lolsuit dragging out over a year and wasting his time.

G

I'm pretty sure they have to. Their whole story was that they had to get Quasi's info through the California suit in order to get the other Does, so everything depends on that concluding. It's either begging for an extension or admitting that they lied about needing to dox Quasi and find some new angle, stat.

Given that this seems like it was the court's decision to reschedule, I could see Ashley granting another extension, but I doubt he's terribly pleased with this lolsuit dragging out over a year and wasting his time.
Shit sucks, but at least it's more money in the hole for Pat. It's probably worse news for Pat. He just wants to hear the decision and get it over with. Regardless of what he says on Twitter/text/otherwise, he probably knows things are not going to go his way. This is yet another month that it's gonna be hanging over his head, and another few thousand dollars he needs to spend having his wine lawyer beg Judge Ashley for an extension.

Btw the statute of limitations on defamation is one year, right? So anything we have said about him past August 2020 is unactionable?

G

Shit sucks, but at least it's more money in the hole for Pat. It's probably worse news for Pat. He just wants to hear the decision and get it over with. Regardless of what he says on Twitter/text/otherwise, he probably knows things are not going to go his way. This is yet another month that it's gonna be hanging over his head, and another few thousand dollars he needs to spend having his wine lawyer beg Judge Ashley for an extension.

Btw the statute of limitations on defamation is one year, right? So anything we have said about him past August 2020 is unactionable?
3 years in WI (where everyone is located apparently).

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
I'm not too well-versed in burger law, but I'd imagine the statute only applies to beginning litigation, not anything that's already in process. Otherwise it'd be pretty easy for the defending party to drag their feet and delay the whole thing until the timer runs out.

G
  • Deleted by N/A
Show…

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
Are we just going to go state by state? I'm honestly losing the thread here. We've done CA and WI so far, I thought we were going to NJ next... I can't figure out what's going on here.
This has to be the most tedious thing to ever filter through the justice system. Just a binder full of nonsensical busywork for anyone who touches it.
I'm eagerly awaiting the Hague arc.

I'm sure they'll be able to make room for us in between dealing with the Bosnian Serbs and Somali pirates.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
So when does Patrick run out of money? People who are actually rich wouldn't have dragged this on for as long as this has been going, and Patrick is NOT rich, regardless of what he projects or says...
The SFWA is going to end up hating Pat more than we do. He might actually bankrupt them while being a writer without a contract.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Yeah who knows. Them, his mother in law, anybody else he ran sobbing to
It would be quite an amazing turn of events to see the only group that would have Pat as a member turn on him. They would probably make sure he never gets another contract so it would be the final nail in the coffin on his writing career. The sci-fi writer that is forever blacklisted by the SFWA which will be another example of Pat being Pat’s worst enemy. This will all make an amazing Netflix documentary someday.