I once sold a Ford GT for almost $70k OVER sticker

Jenna

I'm the girl u needed in Jr. High
It really says everything about fat boy's ego that the story can't just be "worked at a car dealership for 2 months, eh I love cars but the environment just wasn't for me". No, he has to come up with an elaborate story about how he was the best salesman who made the best sale and his bosses were all idiots for not listening to him.

Just like Papa Clown (who Patrick has surpassed in every way imaginable) Patrick is a jack of all trades, master of all. Author, comedian, car salesman, political pundit, cage fighter, trained marksman. They forbid him from playing high school baseball because every swing he'd hit a home run. It simply wasn't fair to the other kids.

Riccardo Bosi

welcomes our new overlords
I sold the car to a Japanese Kamikaze pilot, who offered to pay extra as reparations for Pearl Harbour, child.
I worked for a Japanese guy one time, and he was so filled with shame because of WW2 that he committed sepukku: got on his knees and stabbed his guts with a samurai sword, and I benevolently sliced his head off with a sword.

Okay, I was just mugging a chink for a pack of cigarettes and the authorities don't care about them. But the point is, P@t's lying.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
The buyer of a Ford GT knows exactly what they're looking at. I doubt there's much salesmanship required especially for one of the rarest cars on the market. It's not like the guy came in for a $15k Focus then got upsold into a $150k car. Pat's lies forge his chains.
Exactly, when I sold cars the hellcat’s were new and you had people buying them without even seeing the car, it’s not like a “we’re between Honda, Toyota, Mazda, and Nissan”. Guy probably walked in and said “that one” and he was Pat’s “up” (if they had an up system or was free) and once a sales mgr got involved handed it off because no 2 month rookie (who at the time was in draw meaning he hadn’t sold anything) would be trusted to deliver a 150k car. Odds are Pat had only delivered 1-2 cars at this point (if that, there’s rookie luck) so he would be a stumbling mumbling prick.

EllenTorquehorn

looking for a vehicle
Also, when Pat sold this car he admitted he was “in draw” which means he sold NOTHING and owed the dealership money for doing zero in sales.
Given that his commissions were zero and that he was top man for Sales Team Donut Consumption they referred him to the finance department so he could set up a monthly payment plan.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
It really says everything about fat boy's ego that the story can't just be "worked at a car dealership for 2 months, eh I love cars but the environment just wasn't for me". No, he has to come up with an elaborate story about how he was the best salesman who made the best sale and his bosses were all idiots for not listening to him.

Just like Papa Clown (who Patrick has surpassed in every way imaginable) Patrick is a jack of all trades, master of all. Author, comedian, car salesman, political pundit, cage fighter, trained marksman. They forbid him from playing high school baseball because every swing he'd hit a home run. It simply wasn't fair to the other kids.
Also he cried that dealership “screwed him on money” but stopped selling cars and didn’t go to another dealership. Every place has different pay plans and anyplace will tell you to “work the pay plan” to be successful. You’ll sell a couple mini deals on new cars that won’t make you much but will get your sales number up for retro bonuses, etc. but pig quit and never tried to go anywhere else.

Pig of course quit after 2 months and was already in draw at 2 months meaning he hadn’t sold shit and owed the dealership money for his 50 plus hour weeks of not selling. Prob was 350-400 back then for a week of not selling so pig might have been close to 1000 bucks he owed the dealership. Being in draw happens to even the best guys but it makes you sell harder but not piggy since he was leaching of his then wife at the time.

Jenna

Freedom Ford in Clearwater is now Ferman Ford.

They verified employment of Patrick Tomlinson from 2005 to January 2006 as a lot attendant.

What Does a Lot Attendant Do? Lot attendants watch over and take care of all vehicles in a car dealership parking lot. They maintain order and move vehicles in and out of the parking area as needed. They also ensure the cleanliness of driveways and sidewalks, and they secure all car keys.

So basically he was a dealership bitch. The sales team would snap their fingers and have Patrick go fetch the keys when they'd take customers on a test drive. God forbid a storm scatters leaves and other debris on the lot, someone's gotta grab a broom and keep the place looking tidy.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
So basically he was a dealership bitch. The sales team would snap their fingers and have Patrick go fetch the keys when they'd take customers on a test drive. God forbid a storm scatters leaves and other debris on the lot, someone's gotta grab a broom and keep the place looking tidy.
Usually lot guys were also car detail. They wash the sold cars, remove stickers, put in floor mats, and depending on the dealership gas the cars when sold. Also have to hit the showroom cars with glass cleaner / spray wax to keep the cars free from dust and have to move cars around the lot and clear off snow. Usually a job for a high school kid or a slow adult. Guess which one Pat was at the time.

Serious Business

Hooli's for me forever, sta‎lker. Never for you.
Also he cried that dealership “screwed him on money” but stopped selling cars and didn’t go to another dealership. Every place has different pay plans and anyplace will tell you to “work the pay plan” to be successful. You’ll sell a couple mini deals on new cars that won’t make you much but will get your sales number up for retro bonuses, etc. but pig quit and never tried to go anywhere else.

Pig of course quit after 2 months and was already in draw at 2 months meaning he hadn’t sold shit and owed the dealership money for his 50 plus hour weeks of not selling. Prob was 350-400 back then for a week of not selling so pig might have been close to 1000 bucks he owed the dealership. Being in draw happens to even the best guys but it makes you sell harder but not piggy since he was leaching of his then wife at the time.
You have to be personable and likeable to have any success in sales. Patrick couldn’t sell pot to a Rastafarian shaman

Jenna

Usually lot guys were also car detail. They wash the sold cars, remove stickers, put in floor mats, and depending on the dealership gas the cars when sold. Also have to hit the showroom cars with glass cleaner / spray wax to keep the cars free from dust and have to move cars around the lot and clear off snow. Usually a job for a high school kid or a slow adult. Guess which one Pat was at the time.

You know that scene in Good Will Hunting where Matt Damon solves the impossible math problem on the whiteboard and the professor is like "none of my MIT students could figure this out but the janitor can?!?"

Would that ever happen at a car dealership? A lot attendant starts chatting up potential customers, the GM goes "wait a damn minute, this kid's got natural talent like I've never seen", and next thing you know the janitor is selling a Ford GT for 70k over sticker price? Then a month later leaves the industry forever?

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
You have to be personable and likeable to have any success in sales. Patrick couldn’t sell pot to a Rastafarian shaman
I can’t even imagine how terrible he would be in sales. Probably looked at his feet and scared to ask for the sale. I really believe he thought he could sell mustangs because he knows mustang history and didn’t even try to learn the trucks which if you wanna make money selling cars KNOW THE TRUCKS. He’s such an arrogant smug asshole he probably didn’t even properly show anyone a car that wasn’t a mustang and probably just talked about mustangs while his customer was looking for an explorer.

Ant_It_Fun

Big Time
This is true, they will hire anyone with a pulse because it’s commission and they don’t owe you a paycheck. However, in a dealership with a high ticket item once the store knows it’s a sale it will be handed off to either a top guy or sales manager or sometimes even a GM will close it so nothing goes wrong. They call that a “house” deal if it’s one of the managers doing it and that’s probably what happened here, Pat only being there 2 months and in draw (not selling anything) they took the retard away from this sale. He says he gassed it which I’m sure he asked to do so he could brag about driving it.

That's exactly what happened.

Source: was in the business for a few years.

peckafacce

Farted in Nikis pussy
He gassed it but he might have asked to do it or they told him to since the real salesman was handling it. Depends on the dealership but some places the salesman has to fill it but high volume ones will have a lot guy filling it up.
I doubt they would even let him look at it. A car like that only the dealerships owner, sales manager and maybe single top sales person would even let drive. There is 0 chance a lot boy would be allowed to move it.