I once sold a Ford GT for almost $70k OVER sticker

G

GT’s did sell for way over sticker price back then. I think they sell for almost a million these days but there’s no chance Rick was the one selling it. Probably no salesmen really sold them, it’s not the kind of car you’d walk in and look at and have sold to you. Anyone buying those already knew they wanted it would have just contacted the dealer themselves.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I bet in reality he watched on as someone else did this.
Knowing Pat that is what happened since all his amazing life stories are obviously something he thought up in his head long after the fact. I worked selling Dodge when Hellcats were ordered and dealerships got 1-2 if lucky and those sales went to stores top guy - a guy who was actually the number 1 salesman in the Atlantic region. He watched the big dick energy top sales guy as piggy farted in the corner not selling anything.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
GT’s did sell for way over sticker price back then. I think they sell for almost a million these days but there’s no chance Rick was the one selling it. Probably no salesmen really sold them, it’s not the kind of car you’d walk in and look at and have sold to you. Anyone buying those already knew they wanted it would have just contacted the dealer themselves.
Exactly, it’s not a car they are going to be haggling over price and financing. Those cars did sell over sticker like he said but that’s because they can since not all dealerships get them. I worked a place they sold hellcats 30 grand over sticker and the buyers didn’t flinch.

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
Usually lot guys were also car detail. They wash the sold cars, remove stickers, put in floor mats, and depending on the dealership gas the cars when sold. Also have to hit the showroom cars with glass cleaner / spray wax to keep the cars free from dust and have to move cars around the lot and clear off snow. Usually a job for a high school kid or a slow adult. Guess which one Pat was at the time.

One of my friends is approaching his late 30s and still does this while he chases his dreams of being a YouTuber / professional twitch streamer.

I don’t spend much time with him anymore. It’s too tragic. At least he doesn’t pretend to be selling high ticket sports cars like Pat.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
One of my friends is approaching his late 30s and still does this while he chases his dreams of being a YouTuber / professional twitch streamer.

I don’t spend much time with him anymore. It’s too tragic. At least he doesn’t pretend to be selling high ticket sports cars like Pat.
Yeah I worked for dealerships doing car detail in high school and it was mostly other high school / community college kids with a couple real sad losers in their 30s and 40s. I remember one guy was a former meth head with no teeth and another dropped out of high school.

It’s actually a good high school job if you work for a cool place, we would do shit like clear our cars on the clock and goof around since nobody really gives a shit about the detail guys unless they sell a car.

G

Wasn't the story that the owner of the dealer had one GT, sold it for way over sticker price to an athlete, then went and bought a bunch more GTs from other dealerships way over MRSP because he thought it was a hot ticket item?

Then they sat on them for awhile, and then eventually someone came in to buy one and Pat was the first guy he talked to.

I'm pretty sure the "70k over sticker price" was just what the dealership was charging due to overpaying. Pat didn't negotiate anything.

G

Wasn't the story that the owner of the dealer had one GT, sold it for way over sticker price to an athlete, then went and bought a bunch more GTs from other dealerships way over MRSP because he thought it was a hot ticket item?

Then they sat on them for awhile, and then eventually someone came in to buy one and Pat was the first guy he talked to.

I'm pretty sure the "70k over sticker price" was just what the dealership was charging due to overpaying. Pat didn't negotiate anything.
The whole story was bullshit, they were really hot ticket items and they would have sold easily.

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
Yeah I worked for dealerships doing car detail in high school and it was mostly other high school / community college kids with a couple real sad losers in their 30s and 40s. I remember one guy was a former meth head with no teeth and another dropped out of high school.

It’s actually a good high school job if you work for a cool place, we would do shit like clear our cars on the clock and goof around since nobody really gives a shit about the detail guys unless they sell a car.

And don’t get me wrong, anyone actually working for their money is worthy of some respect. Way more than PPP fraud Pat and his writer delusions.

Gay Faggot.

I am Dan.
Freedom Ford in Clearwater is now Ferman Ford.

They verified employment of Patrick Tomlinson from 2005 to January 2006 as a lot attendant.
Not that a brotherman should bother Ade about this, but we should keep this in our pockets. Let her grieve Jon, then maybe in a year or so, send a message. She would be the only person who would know besides Rick. Having her confirm Rick was just a lot attendant in his 30’s would be another fat W for us and an even fatter L for Rick.