I can't do this.

JebJoh

You heard of online terrorists? Like the type that attacked joe cumia and pat tomlinson? There are in real life versions in indonesia. It scares me.
Get a job in the Philipines, you'll get a house with a wall around it, security and a full complement of household help for your trailer park salary. Plus you won't ever have to pay child support again

JebJoh

It’s soul crushing work, the only thing fun here are my colleagues. I know i can do better than this but i can’t really be bothered. I never really been career driven. If i can pay my bills and live relatively comfortably i’ll be ok. I work to live.

Speaking about carpentry, lol. That seems like a good job, working with your hands actually creating something.
If you want to work steady as a carpenter, half of your time will be spent building forms for mobsters to pour concrete into. If you want to renovate houses, you will need to learn a lot more than just carpentry because none of those guys are paying separate crews for specialized work. Bonus with the house building though, you can renovate your own house and sell it for a profit with very little extra investment.

JebJoh

50k? What do you guys live in the middle of Nebraska? Can't do shit with that.

I did a few months painting houses after HS, and it was enough to force me to go to community College. I have a good job in a great industry but the 9-5 part of things is fucking grueling. After another few months I'll ask for Mondays and Fridays from home.

Any job where I can put on head phones and listen to oNA clips all day will work for me.
I lived with a dude after college who got a gig he could do from home, he was a help line guy for people in california or Hawaii or something. He worked from home, didn't have to start before 1PM and was still late for work most days. By the end of the year he doubled his weight, his hair was down to his waist and I only know about him getting laid once, and that was with a friend of a one of our girlfriends.

His schedule was Get up at 1 - 1:30 return (or erase) every call that came in before he woke up, make coffee, run to the corner deli, come back and cook 1 lb of bacon and a loaf of garlic bread, put the bacon on the garlic bread and back to his bedroom for more hard work. He drank a 2 liter pepsi and stayed high every day and then practiced playing Joe Walsh songs note for note on a guitar until after I left for work in the morning. He only knew his week was over was because we'd invite him out to where our 3rd roommate was a bartender every friday. If that was the life he was going for, he nailed it.

JebJoh

If I buy a ticket for 1 adult male to Philipines will I be put on a list?
There is a trick to it, you will need to find a job in the US with a company doing business over there, every year they offer US employees a multiplier and benefits (house, housing allowance etc) to relocate for a year. During the Iraq war, anyone at the company I worked for who was willing to work in Iraq would receive 2.5X your salary per year plus free housing and food.

chocolatehellhole

Pay attention to how nervous I am
During the Iraq war, anyone at the company I worked for who was willing to work in Iraq would receive 2.5X your salary per year plus free housing and food.
NickBergandFiveMen.JPG

Damn good point.
Worth adding, these jobs are usually the ones that dangle promotion as a means of retention. A long time ago now but from experience doing T1 support, promotion was the only thing they had to motivate people to keep their stats under check. I took a year from college to bank some cash so had no intention of sticking around more than 8 months. In my performance review i told my boss i had no interest in promotion because i hated the job. He didn't have a clue what to do as their entire system was this management roadmap thing they implemented. They bumped me to NOC a week later without asking me.

not that Jack Horner

If you saw me IRL you very likely wouldn't look me
At my last office-based job I started smoking heroin in the office, as 'creatives' they kinda put-up with it for a bit, but when others started joining-in they soon got rid of me after discussions of reheb where 'non-productive'. 50% of them hated me anyway, which has been my standard number throughout life so the writing was on the wall. Best thing I ever did.

Fucking super hans over here