I can't do this.

G

I can't work IT 5 days a week. I'd rather be poor and live in a trailer park and work like 3 days a week. Do companies allow that? I can't do this 9 to 5 shit anymore.

I went for a cruisy role in my company where I could work from home and I didnt get it. They fawkin told me to apply and it was guaranteed! Ive been depressed af ever since.

I just want to work out every day and relax on the beach.

G

What makes it bad? I shoulda been a fawken carpenter. Like Jesus.

It’s soul crushing work, the only thing fun here are my colleagues. I know i can do better than this but i can’t really be bothered. I never really been career driven. If i can pay my bills and live relatively comfortably i’ll be ok. I work to live.

Speaking about carpentry, lol. That seems like a good job, working with your hands actually creating something.

G

work IT at a state university, large healthcare company or something like that. They work like 5 hours a day and barely do anything on a friday. You'll get paid 1/2 as much but it seems like you don't care about that as much. "IT" is such a broad category. What are you doing like tier 2 support or some other tedious low level development? You can do contracting/consulting for the big 4 and they don't give a fuck about quality. If you don't care about healthcare or benefits they'd love to have you do 25 hrs a week and not be a full time employee.
I work desktop support so one step above help desk. I go onsite and help out. So I could get a job like that for a university and not have to go in 40 hours a week? Fawk yeah.

Stent

swatchsticker
work IT at a state university, large healthcare company or something like that. They work like 5 hours a day and barely do anything on a friday.
My ex used to work in IT for a university after graduating with a CompSci degree. She earned good money, could've earned more in business sector, but it was like she didn't even need to be there. Everything is out of date and never works but the people in charge don't know what they're doing so every day is easy if you don't care. I think she fucked up because there's no way she's competitive for jobs outside the university.

I never liked her anyway. Nice tits, though.

G

My ex used to work in IT for a university after graduating with a CompSci degree. She earned good money, could've earned more in business sector, but it was like she didn't even need to be there. Everything is out of date and never works but the people in charge don't know what they're doing so every day is easy if you don't care. I think she fucked up because there's no way she's competitive for jobs outside the university.

I never liked her anyway. Nice tits, though.
What was she doing there?

Riccardo Bosi

watches seasons 3-9 all the time, child.
9-5 jobs in an office suck. I hope you figure out how to cut down on your schedule and do some other work on the side. My mum got a job at a place that's laid back; she gets paid more per hour but they are happy with her not working Fridays. She's so much happier than she was a year ago, she was on the verge of going on antidepressants.

Is that really worse? Is the grass greener? You get to be active and stuff there at least.
I currently work in a warehouse and i’m fucking miserable too. I should have learned a trade.
I did the warehouse shit for the better part of a decade, and it's fucked. You don't get to see any of your labour manifest into something physical; you do stuff like stacking pallets, wrapping them, and then loading them onto a truck.

What I'm doing now is working on a heritage place, and it's frustrating at times but you're outside getting vitamin D, you switch up between carpentry, painting and re-mortaring the old stone walls and whatever you're not qualified to do, you get someone else to do. You can take a smoke break without some douchebag boss looking at you disapprovingly. The best part is, you'll take these skills you pick up and can use them in your personal life. I remember the first time I replaced my kitchen faucet and I was like, "huh, that was easy." Nobody should need a plumber for that.

G

You can take a smoke break without some douchebag boss looking at you disapprovingly. The best part is, you'll take these skills you pick up and can use them in your personal life. I remember the first time I replaced my kitchen faucet and I was like, "huh, that was easy." Nobody should need a plumber for that.

That’s the biggest frustration, i work my ass off and these scuuuumbag ‘managers’ take all the credit. I know i should only do the bare minimum of work for the appreciation and money i get but that’s not in my nature. I need to quit and find another job but i’m a pussy and prefer job security.

Stent

swatchsticker
What was she doing there?
A lot of it is just keeping ancient shit working because the lecturers don't want to adapt and the people in charge don't want to spend money. She had A grades and a real degree so she was immediately hired to be pretty high up. From what I can tell, a lot of places don't really know what they're doing so they hope just hiring someone will fix everything.

G

9-5 jobs in an office suck. I hope you figure out how to cut down on your schedule and do some other work on the side. My mum got a job at a place that's laid back; she gets paid more per hour but they are happy with her not working Fridays. She's so much happier than she was a year ago, she was on the verge of going on antidepressants.

Good idea. After this next project is finished I'm going to ask for Fridays off. The issue is I don't know anyone else in IT at this company who takes them off. Hopefully they make an exception. But I just can't fawken do it.
I did the warehouse shit for the better part of a decade, and it's fucked. You don't get to see any of your labour manifest into something physical; you do stuff like stacking pallets, wrapping them, and then loading them onto a truck.

"When will we be able to see a finished box, sir?"
"Oh we don't assemble them here. That's done in Flint, Michigan"

What I'm doing now is working on a heritage place, and it's frustrating at times but you're outside getting vitamin D, you switch up between carpentry, painting and re-mortaring the old stone walls and whatever you're not qualified to do, you get someone else to do. You can take a smoke break without some douchebag boss looking at you disapprovingly. The best part is, you'll take these skills you pick up and can use them in your personal life. I remember the first time I replaced my kitchen faucet and I was like, "huh, that was easy." Nobody should need a plumber for that.
You have it made with that job.

I like ur style, I gave-up my potentially promising London stuff to do almost exactly that, great few years!

Riccardo Bosi

watches seasons 3-9 all the time, child.
Good idea. After this next project is finished I'm going to ask for Fridays off. The issue is I don't know anyone else in IT at this company who takes them off. Hopefully they make an exception. But I just can't fawken do it.
Never forget: if you feel like being a prick about it or your boss is a cunt, there's nothing stopping you from getting your mental health evaluated, which can lead to your employer having to give you time off. In a job like IT, it must be impossible to get sacked unless you raped a secretary or something. At the end of my warehousing job I was tearing through my sick days like nobody's business and they couldn't do shit about it.

You have it made with that job.
Yeah it's great, the lady whose mansion it is makes me coffee with biscuits.

The shittiest part of the construction world is, to me, doing the footings for concrete, and the cement pour itself. Great money, but it's hard, thankless work. Last year's Winter in one day me and one other guy laid down 43 sheets of mesh and propped them all up, tied them to the rods... I avoid these jobs as often as possible lol, it's shit.

At my last office-based job I started smoking heroin in the office, as 'creatives' they kinda put-up with it for a bit, but when others started joining-in they soon got rid of me after discussions of reheb where 'non-productive'. 50% of them hated me anyway, which has been my standard number throughout life so the writing was on the wall. Best thing I ever did.