I almost fucked the Wellingtons as badly as Fat

G

Had people over for a late lunch today. Decided to do Beef Wellies à la Gordon Ramsay. Had the right ingredients
IMG-20220821-WA0000.jpg

Wrapped them ok-ish
IMG-20220821-WA0001.jpg

Stuck one in the freezer because there were only 6 adults eating it (kids had chicken and rice) but left them in 5 minutes too long. The meat was on the medium side of medium rare.
IMG-20220821-WA0005.jpg

Honestly didn't take a picture of the inside because I had to plate them and finish the gravy but ain't going to lie, there wasn't that medium rare blood I wanted. A medium pink but lacking the juiceiness.

Self-indulgent fag post over

G

Just from looking at the outside you did better than Pat.
Im pretty sure Pat cut through the burnt crust, and there was shrapnel flying everywhere, and the inside was literally raw. Thats how bad he botched it.
It probably looked quite literally like a 7 month abortion
Cheers. In my defence everyone cleaned their plates and said it was good. But they were all pissed on rosé and aperol spritzs so who knows

G

impressive attempt there. I am going to be trying my hand at such this x-mas, figure if i totally screw up it will still be way better than what patrick made. I would say yours turned out well but as always a middle photo is the money shot. did you use a meat thermometer ?
I didn't. I went by Ramsay's Christmas video minus the chestnuts.

I also had to make faggoty Dauphinoise potatoes, glazed carrots, steamed baby broccoli and a gravy while directing the missus on how to prepare the smoked trout starter and berating her for not having the kids meal ready, goddammit I only asked you to do one thing for shits sake etc.

So no, I forgot to use the fucking meat thermometer