• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Howard Sterns interview with Biden is really putting up da numbas.

BrotherMan1488

‎
‎
Forum Clout
It would be really funny if Biden’s team thought this was a way to get him over with the Men 18-35 crowd. The interview was heard by 40 and over liberal women. You have to pay extra for Stern so they know exactly how many people pay to listen to him but won’t release those numbers.
Did you know if you even payed for Sirius they don't remove you from the rolls even if you stop paying
:brothaman_lg:

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
‎
‎
Forum Clout
I don't think that's what he wants to do and I don't think Sirius wants him to do that either.

Howard is still one of the main faces of the Sirius XM brand and in today's world the more entertaining Stern of old wouldn't really be accepted too much and people would call for him to be cancelled and all that shit. Sirius XM obviously doesn't want that happening to Stern.

As for Stern himself, he's a 70 year old guy at this point and it'd come across a bit cringe if he tried to be young and hip. Him verbally ejaculating over women was weird and creepy 20 years ago when he was 50 let alone now that he's 70. I think Howard will ride the Sirius deal until it finishes up and then he'll be looking for a nice, clean and safe TV show or podcast, he isn't going to achieve that being the Stern of old unfortunately.
He won’t do a podcast (he long claimed they were a fad / won’t last / not “real” broadcasting) and I doubt he would do a tv show in any form (he can’t even be bothered to leave the house to do his show unless it’s a major guest that can demand he comes in) so he will keep doing Sirius until he pretty much dies on air. He’s a
Miserable old man that thinks it’s still 98 and he’s the “king of all media” and the world’s greatest interviewer.

It’s funny - just like claiming he’s the “king of all media” (a name Jackie gave him similar to how Michael Jackson started calling himself “King of Pop” until everyone started calling him that) he really believes he’s the greatest interviewer when his interviews are all the same - talk about your parents, your dad, compare whatever they’ve done to private parts, say “in a sense” a bunch of times, therapy, and it’s paint by numbers. He shit on Jay Leno for being a shitty interviewer on the Tonight Show (So you have a new movie - talk about that) when he’s just as bland and predictable as Leno.

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
‎
‎
Forum Clout
Sirius really fucked up not having a strong YouTube presence. Going back to Opie and Anthony pointing out how low the numbers on the Sirius channel was compared to their own ones. Even just in clips to get attention on like plenty of other podcasts do
It just goes back to the overall laziness of both hosts. They could have easily spent 50k in 2008 and had a similar setup to (((current year))) podcasts where everyone has a good camera on them, archive everyone, rip off Howard and have some staff member do a post show hallway interview.

They always deferred to SiriusXM being the problem for not providing them the tools necessary to be bigger when in reality they would have been better off in the long run investing a small portion of their generous salaries to building their own brand, independent of any one company.

They very easily could have signed guys like Rogan and Burr back in that era for pennies on the dollar. I mean it wasn’t 2001, it was almost 2010. They could have personally gave Patrice a couple Gs a month and just built up a YouTube channel, same with Rogan and Burr. Instead they just bitched into the mics, gained zero leverage outside of their own satellite contacts and were both surprised when they got shitcanned later on.

Forum Clout
They very easily could have signed guys like Rogan and Burr back in that era for pennies on the dollar. I mean it wasn’t 2001, it was almost 2010.
I vaguely remember them making some attempt to get those podcasts, but I'm guessing they offered no money. I remember a weekend where they inexplicably were playing the same Rogan and WTF podcasts over and over, and they had Marc Maron do introductions where even he seemed confused. "Thanks to O&A for highlighting this, so I guess subscribe the podcast if you like it?"

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
‎
‎
Forum Clout
I vaguely remember them making some attempt to get those podcasts, but I'm guessing they offered no money. I remember a weekend where they inexplicably were playing the same Rogan and WTF podcasts over and over, and they had Marc Maron do introductions where even he seemed confused. "Thanks to O&A for highlighting this, so I guess subscribe the podcast if you like it?"
Opie is one of those dinosaurs that thinks exposure is enough of a motivating factor to get guys to do projects for free. Which is why none of his comic “friends” are his friends any longer because it came out that OpieRaqio was paying Sherrod, Vic and Carl $700 per show while offering nothing to guests like Bobby, Vos or Florentine.

Rogan didn’t need the money at the time but they could have locked up an entire generation of podcast comics under their umbrella with a small amount of money and someone professional running it. Look at some of the names Cumia had over the years on his low rent, nigger hating network. If they tried to do something similar in 2010 it would have been very popular.