How to disable Geotab Go on work truck?

Phish

Them boys would fly in the mud over my house
Apparently it sends a signal when it’s unplugged. I know i can get a GPS jammer but 1- theyre illegal here 2- the new Geotab still triangulate where you are approximately even with jammer and 3- the geotab sends an alarm to fleet when its unplugged or senses a jammer. The new geotabs seem unbeatable. The old ones went into a sleep mode after 2 hrs and you could unplug the truck battery and unplug the geo tracker and put a little glue or snip a pin out of the plug and plug it back in and act like “idk why it stopped working?!” if they caught on, which they never did. With these ones it seems once there is no connection, it automatically alarms fleet. Anyone else deal with this BS? Beeping at me and snitching me to fleet for going 74 in a 70mph zone. Fuck you. Braking because deer jumps out in front of me, BEEP BEEP BEEP because i braked too hard. Enough driving demerits they take your take home truck away, which i deff do not want. Where the fuck is my freedom!? FUCK!!??

Easily_Remembered

Danny Ross is a thin skinned bitch
Apparently it sends a signal when it’s unplugged. I know i can get a GPS jammer but 1- theyre illegal here 2- the new Geotab still triangulate where you are approximately even with jammer and 3- the geotab sends an alarm to fleet when its unplugged or senses a jammer. The new geotabs seem unbeatable. The old ones went into a sleep mode after 2 hrs and you could unplug the truck battery and unplug the geo tracker and put a little glue or snip a pin out of the plug and plug it back in and act like “idk why it stopped working?!” if they caught on, which they never did. With these ones it seems once there is no connection, it automatically alarms fleet. Anyone else deal with this BS? Beeping at me and snitching me to fleet for going 74 in a 70mph zone. Fuck you. Braking because deer jumps out in front of me, BEEP BEEP BEEP because i braked too hard. Enough driving demerits they take your take home truck away, which i deff do not want. Where the fuck is my freedom!? FUCK!!??
Would love to know. We use this at my place of work as well which makes chicanery difficult.

Phish

Would love to know. We use this at my place of work as well which makes chicanery difficult.
It also seems they pay to scrub all info about disabling these off Jewgle too because there are NO posts, even on reddit, about how to disable Geotab beyond 2017. No car forums. Cant find shit. They probably pay some company to keep tabs so the Geotab employees dont leak the info we need to disable this gay thing. I wanna take the trash to the dump in my work truck, not my semi-decent personal SUV, you faggot HR Fleet fucks! Im so tempted to just rip it out and act like my boot got caught on it or something but i know its more trouble than its worth for the families sake

PorqueDealer

Portly Pepperoni Purveyor
It triangulates using cell towers as I would imagine it has a sim card.
You would need to find what frequency its at 800/800/1800 etc (this will depend on the provider) and use an oscillator (jammer) to also block that.
this will also drop the data connection it has that feeds the data back in real time (warnings, location).

Googling it, it's just an ODB device, so would use canbus.
If you wanted to fuck with it you could:
fit inline on the odb port a sniffer and canbus injector, have it never report over a certain MPH and stuff like that to get around the restrictions you want. this way they can still track you but no alerts will be triggered (speed, braking etc - although close speed can be determined from gps)
spoof GPS using a hackrf, this will get round the jammer detection and also stop them from tracking the vehicle location accurately)

easiest to get away with would be ODB spoofing, they can get your location but never accurate speed, braking or whatever you want to block
its a fair bit of work though as you need to sniff the individual packets to setup the filtering and spoofing. also not good if they have access to your truck

easiest to do would be the cell jammer but you run into a lot of troubles there, illegal, obvious, etc

It also seems they pay to scrub all info about disabling these off Jewgle too because there are NO posts, even on reddit, about how to disable Geotab beyond 2017. No car forums. Cant find shit. They probably pay some company to keep tabs so the Geotab employees dont leak the info we need to disable this gay thing. I wanna take the trash to the dump in my work truck, not my semi-decent personal SUV, you faggot HR Fleet fucks! Im so tempted to just rip it out and act like my boot got caught on it or something but i know its more trouble than its worth for the families sake

I have a solution for you, if you just want to take the truck on personal stuff without them knowing.
buy two ODB extension cables and cut them in half.
join the cable back together with one socket leading to two plugs (so spliced together)
unplug the geo and plug it into the socket and then one of the plugs back into your truck.

The geo will go off briefly and report this when it boots back up, just say you knocked it or something.
with the other socket end left, attach the two power pins of the odb connector to a 12v battery (do a lithium so you can charge it in the house while your are out, you only need enough juice in it to get from the truck to your home)

when you want to go on personal errands, plug the battery into the other plug on the Y lead you made, unplug geo from the truck and leave it at home.

Last edited:

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Just put your trash in your work truck and throw it out on the side of the road.

FranksWirecutters

Glow nigger. Got any of those IPs for me?
At a job I didn't care about we had them but the trucks stayed in a state or two away from the office. I took out the Sim, melted it with a lighter, filled the slot with super glue and shoved the card back in. Then if they asked I could let them hear it giving alerts and promised I'd get it looked at when I had time.

Phish

It triangulates using cell towers as I would imagine it has a sim card.
You would need to find what frequency its at 800/800/1800 etc (this will depend on the provider) and use an oscillator (jammer) to also block that.
this will also drop the data connection it has that feeds the data back in real time (warnings, location).

Googling it, it's just an ODB device, so would use canbus.
If you wanted to fuck with it you could:
fit inline on the odb port a sniffer and canbus injector, have it never report over a certain MPH and stuff like that to get around the restrictions you want. this way they can still track you but no alerts will be triggered (speed, braking etc - although close speed can be determined from gps)
spoof GPS using a hackrf, this will get round the jammer detection and also stop them from tracking the vehicle location accurately)

easiest to get away with would be ODB spoofing, they can get your location but never accurate speed, braking or whatever you want to block
its a fair bit of work though as you need to sniff the individual packets to setup the filtering and spoofing. also not good if they have access to your truck

easiest to do would be the cell jammer but you run into a lot of troubles there, illegal, obvious, etc

I have a solution for you, if you just want to take the truck on personal stuff without them knowing.
buy two ODB extension cables and cut them in half.
join the cable back together with one socket leading to two plugs (so spliced together)
unplug the geo and plug it into the socket and then one of the plugs back into your truck.

The geo will go off briefly and report this when it boots back up, just say you knocked it or something.
with the other socket end left, attach the two power pins of the odb connector to a 12v battery (do a lithium so you can charge it in the house while your are out, you only need enough juice in it to get from the truck to your home)

when you want to go on personal errands, plug the battery into the other plug on the Y lead you made, unplug geo from the truck and leave it at home.
This may be perfect. They installed a black box around the geotab itself but the wires do hang down a tiny bit. I can just act like I accidentally pulled the wires out and plugged em back in as soon as I realized what i did, but actually splice the wires into two and do exactly what you said. Just feels silly to get fired and fucking the family over going to the dump/“abusing” my driving privileges occasionally. I appreciate the input though homie. Deff gonna look into this.

Phish

It really comes down to how carefully they check. I get alerted the moment any tamper cover gets opened, only ever had one person try it. If the fleet is more than 100 vehicles you’ll probably get away with tripping a sensor because it’d be too many to keep tabs on easily.
Allow me to retort. Ill be brief. Then ill tell you my favorite Matt Dillon story, reeaall quick. There’s probably 200-300 trucks but the Director of Fleet is an asshole. He obviously hates me and ive never even met em before. He responds with one word answers to emails with 3 pertinent questions. We have 9 month new-ish employees in 2020 Dodge 2500s truck number 287-296, I dont REALLY care about having a nice truck cuz its under more scrutiny, so i was happy to just be getting a raise and out of landscaping so i took any opportunity they let me into this specific department that gave me a truck to take to and from work with paid windshield time. Some of the plants are hours apart so i just jam hours of Sleeves-“Falalala” and “Don't Sniff Petrol From A Can” on repeat and get paid for hours. ANYWAYS….i was initially assigned truck 178, one of the the oldest shittiest one in the whole fleet, 220,000 miles. Beat to shit. So i drive to fleet warehouse to a parking lot ot of 50 or so spare trucks, some brand new 2023 Ram Lariat Longhorn Racing Edition fucking one of a kind truck 401…down to 2016/7 stock dodge 1500s that are dying like mine….so im thinking and they’re gonna go like half way down and give me 250 or something like that. Maybe a 2019/2020. The guy at the security gate says “oh phillip said hes busy and doesn’t have time to help you but here the keys he left he didn’t leave any tools either” Fucker gave me fucking truck 179!!! 229,000 miles on it. more than the old one i was dropping off. but i dont care. Its got heat and ac and starts more than 50% of the time so im cool. But guys a dick. Ive been at this company for years now. Fawkin juice man.

'THE NIGGER MAN'

Shane Noakes' rabbi raped his 9 year old dick off.
Allow me to retort. Ill be brief. Then ill tell you my favorite Matt Dillon story, reeaall quick. There’s probably 200-300 trucks but the Director of Fleet is an asshole. He obviously hates me and ive never even met em before. He responds with one word answers to emails with 3 pertinent questions. We have 9 month new-ish employees in 2020 Dodge 2500s truck number 287-296, I dont REALLY care about having a nice truck cuz its under more scrutiny, so i was happy to just be getting a raise and out of landscaping so i took any opportunity they let me into this specific department that gave me a truck to take to and from work with paid windshield time. Some of the plants are hours apart so i just jam hours of Sleeves-“Falalala” and “Don't Sniff Petrol From A Can” on repeat and get paid for hours. ANYWAYS….i was initially assigned truck 178, one of the the oldest shittiest one in the whole fleet, 220,000 miles. Beat to shit. So i drive to fleet warehouse to a parking lot ot of 50 or so spare trucks, some brand new 2023 Ram Lariat Longhorn Racing Edition fucking one of a kind truck 401…down to 2016/7 stock dodge 1500s that are dying like mine….so im thinking and they’re gonna go like half way down and give me 250 or something like that. Maybe a 2019/2020. The guy at the security gate says “oh phillip said hes busy and doesn’t have time to help you but here the keys he left he didn’t leave any tools either” Fucker gave me fucking truck 179!!! 229,000 miles on it. more than the old one i was dropping off. but i dont care. Its got heat and ac and starts more than 50% of the time so im cool. But guys a dick. Ive been at this company for years now. Fawkin juice man.
So glad I exited the rat race before this bullshit jewtech.

Its like bodycam evidence, if its not there, it didn't happen.

Do you really want to turn over your entire fleet tracking data to some jew ambulance-chaser to use against you in a lawsuit?

Phish

When we get such a “bad” snowstorm that the towns shut down over 4-5”, no electricity, no roads plowed, people just light tires on fire every 100 yards or so you can see the roadway. It rarely ever snows but when it happens you can expect to see people pulling (what’s left) groceries in sleds by burning tires for miles and miles.

Phish

So glad I exited the rat race before this bullshit jewtech.

Its like bodycam evidence, if its not there, it didn't happen.

Do you really want to turn over your entire fleet tracking data to some jew ambulance-chaser to use against you in a lawsuit?
The company got an insurance rate cut for installing front and back cameras on the trucks that dont have them. Its all about $. Im sure in 99% of crashes they twist to make it the employees fault (since we have to pay towards the deductible) and the 1% chance it could be used for a niiiice settlement.