How often do you complain about or send back food at restaurants?

Easily_Remembered

Danny Ross is a thin skinned bitch
I used to eat with a friend who would ALWAYS find something to complain about in order to get a discount or his meal COMP'D. It's fucking embarrassing.

I'll send it back if it's a major issue (i.e. I ordered spicy at Popeyes and they gave me mild). But I will be courteous as fuck while doing it. Food service is a rough fucking job with shit pay and the last thing they need is someone bitching about how their portions weren't big enough. I also clean up my own mess afterwards.

I really think that it all depends upon whether or not you were ever in the food service industry.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
I used to eat with a friend who would ALWAYS find something to complain about in order to get a discount or his meal COMP'D. It's fucking embarrassing.

I'll send it back if it's a major issue (i.e. I ordered spicy at Popeyes and they gave me mild). But I will be courteous as fuck while doing it. Food service is a rough fucking job with shit pay and the last thing they need is someone bitching about how their portions weren't big enough. I also clean up my own mess afterwards.

I really think that it all depends upon whether or not you were ever in the food service industry.
I rarely have an issue anyways. Once I ordered a beef burrito on white and got a chicken burrito on wheat. Just took it as a sign that I should eat healthier. Oh yeah and once I ordered a flatbread because I thought it was a sandwich and the waitress overheard me say it to my cousin and asked if I wanted something else. I said no because it was good and my sister chastised me for not knowing what a flatbread was.

TheRevAlJolson

Blackface Killah
My step-dad used to be a regional manager for a restaurant chain and is a fucking jerk off to servers. He constantly sends back food while proclaiming, "I was in the restaurant business for 25 years, I know a thing or two, yada yada," and I just want to kick him in the shin from across the table every time he gets like that. I used to take my mom and him out to eat pretty often, and It was a fucking embarrassment every time.

You don't treat service staff like shit. It's bad etiquette and a damn good indicator you're low class yourself.

Imager

Making fun of women is my bit
I usually won't do it because I'm fearful of my food getting spit on.

There's a steakhouse that is not local to me and I get to go every few years. The last time I went I ordered a medium rare steak and it came out medium-well. The taste wasn't like I remembered. I was paying a lot for this steak and it's not like I could come back next week. So I apologized to the server when he came around and asked how it was and I said it was overcooked.

A few minutes later they came back with a perfect ribeye.

The only other time I'll send food back is if the order is flat out wrong -- either wrong food received or I said no, say, onions and cheese and there is onions and cheese. Even then sometimes I'll just eat it, but food is so expensive now that I'm more likely to complain about this. I'll pay for crappy, but I won't pay for wrong.

Petworth dude

Back from Miami!
Extremely rarely. Usually, it's a minor enough difference that I just put up with it, although I might not tip as much as I normally would. For example, getting wings tossed in Buffalo sauce when I asked for an Old Bay dry rub. It's fine.

I can only recall two occasions that I sent back food: steak that had the consistency of chewing gum at some Egyptian-owned diner in Pennsylvania back in 2000 (I think), and under-cooked eggs at some bougie, upscale diner near my place in DC like a year to two ago (and by under-cooked, I mean the egg whites were runny).

Last edited: