How many successful authors accepted PPP loans?

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I can’t remember exactly since it was a while ago but I think his insurance thing was long dormant and dead, reactivating it just to claim covid payments is a absolutely fraud
Oh I’m not saying it’s not fraud because it’s obviously fraud but he could have some wiggle room since insurance could involve interacting / meeting with new clients or something that would have him leaving the house. Niki however has a business that is 100% online that doesn’t need an office, doesn’t need to be around other people, etc. and her online business doesn’t even involve mailing / shipping items purchase, just “online reviews” and search engine optimization.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
It's really weird how he was approved for a loan in the first place. Why would a writer be affected by lockdown? Brandon Sanderson wrote 5 spec books during the pandemic.
It is an example of government waste and why people hate paying taxes. Like Noam Chomsky has talked about, you should be happy paying your taxes as a member of society because it theoretically helps the grandma across the street live her last years in dignity and lets your neighbor's kid go to a nice public school.

But when it is used to subsidize "creatives" who feel they are above working a regular 9-5...IT MAKES ME WANT TO SMOKE

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
They don't have the bandwidth to deal with the number of people who didn't need/deserve. That's easily over half of all loans.

I’m not gonna dox myself but I used to work in a department which wrote and maintained software for financial auditing for local government

They will work their way down eventually, there is no doubt about that, they will spend millions catching and prosecuting a penniless widow who didn’t pay the right inheritance tax.

The scale of the fraud is so vast I’m pretty sure it will take a long time to even begin to tackle, but they absolutely will down to Seth Simons who stole 5k for his blog

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
I’m not gonna dox myself but I used to work in a department which wrote and maintained software for financial auditing for local government

They will work their way down eventually, there is no doubt about that, they will spend millions catching and prosecuting a penniless widow who didn’t pay the right inheritance tax.

The scale of the fraud is so vast I’m pretty sure it will take a long time to even begin to tackle, but they absolutely will down to Seth Simons who stole 5k for his blog

I could have got up to 30-40k in these “loans” - with most being forgiven, depending on how much I wanted to stretch the truth / verge into complete fraud

I didn’t take a penny because I know what these people are like in government, any free money I could have milked isn’t worth the peace of mind of knowing I didn’t take any support at all. Obviously lots of people did need it and if you can say that and prove it then there’s nothing to worry about, but I didn’t need it so I didn’t get greedy like so many others. It will cause problems down the line, they’ll get you one day.

If anything, Pat's book sale numbers should have increased during the pandemic, especially ebook sales. People were staying home, there was a huge boom in video games at the time and I'd bet people were reading a ton of books as well. I'd fawkin love to see Niki get in trouble over this because of Pat.

Clint Ruin

I'm sorry, who are you?
Pat's book sale numbers should have increased during the pandemic,
Screenshot_20220306-145648.jpg

Screenshot_20220306-145734.jpg

His sales are apparently worse when applying for PPP loans or filing lawsuits, and fantastic every other moment.

DominusOdium

Self Styled Brothaman
Hates the NRA and gun owners.
Loves abortion.
Hates Christians and white people.
Hates free speech and sues to restrict people he doesn't like.
Tax cheat and welfare queen.
Male feminist until a woman crosses him when he threatens to murder her and her new better husband.
Promotes violence on his political enemies.
Panders to the gays and trannies.
Writes books about pedophile aliens and runs propaganda for pedophiles in the SFWA by promoting the idea that anyone who says so is a NAZI.

Abandoned his child.
Lives off his new codependent wife.

Classic conservative.

FurBurger

What would you do for a Klondike bar?
Hates the NRA and gun owners.
Loves abortion.
Hates Christians and white people.
Hates free speech and sues to restrict people he doesn't like.
Tax cheat and welfare queen.
Male feminist until a woman crosses him when he threatens to murder her and her new better husband.
Promotes violence on his political enemies.
Panders to the gays and trannies.
Writes books about pedophile aliens and runs propaganda for pedophiles in the SFWA by promoting the idea that anyone who says so is a NAZI.

Abandoned his child.
Lives off his new codependent wife.

Classic conservative.
It's funny how many of those he fits:
  • Hates the NRA and gun owners; is a gun owner.
  • Loves abortion; had a daughter.
  • Hates white people, is the size of about two and a half white people.