How many successful authors accepted PPP loans?

BudDickman

Pat claims that he is a successful author, yet he applied for and received PPP loans which were forgiven.

This program was meant for people who were struggling to make ends meet because of the pandemic, not for successful authors who receive advances from major publishers for books that earn out and then generate a steady stream of income from royalties for years to come.

So either Pat is struggling to make ends meet as an author, or he is taking money that he doesn't need. There is no other option.

I search through the PPP database for some of Pat's peers, which I randomly sampled from this list:

I searched several names (I ignored the ones that were obviously pseudonyms or so common that they would turn up a bunch of results) and only found two other authors who took PPP money, an African who took two Pat-sized loans as an Uber driver and a woman named Suzanne Palmer who took a smaller loan of $4k:

So it looks like it is not that common for authors to accept PPP loans.

Brooke Shields

Patrick Tomlinson hates me because I am a woman
Dont worry guys, you don't have to pay back the loan but you still can as long as you don't apply for forgiveness.
Patrick will obviously pay his loan back because he is a successful and just man.

1646584509599.png

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
You can and should as a responsible citizen report suspected covid loan fraud.

You can even do it anonymously online.

Didn’t he double dip it, too? He was paid for his defunct insurance LLC and he was paid as a member of staff for Nikki’s dead fake ghost writing business. At least that’s what my friend from Reddit anonymously tipped off a few months ago. I do hope other concerned tax payers report their suspicions, as they are legally allowed to, actively encouraged to by the government and have a moral and ethical responsibility to do.

FurBurger

What would you do for a Klondike bar?

Didn’t he double dip it, too? He was paid for his defunct insurance LLC and he was paid as a member of staff for Nikki’s dead fake ghost writing business.
Nikki claimed the PPP loan to her LLC was to pay her mortgage, which is weird because Posts by Ghosts His Kid LLC doesn't own a house, she does.

I'm sure mixing LLC money and your own personal money is fine under GAAP though, and the IRS won't fuck her to death over it.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit

Didn’t he double dip it, too? He was paid for his defunct insurance LLC and he was paid as a member of staff for Nikki’s dead fake ghost writing business. At least that’s what my friend from Reddit anonymously tipped off a few months ago. I do hope other concerned tax payers report their suspicions, as they are legally allowed to, actively encouraged to by the government and have a moral and ethical responsibility to do.
Niki’s business should set off a red flag because her work is done 100% online. Covid would have done zero damage to a business that works online. Pats insurance one is a grey area because he could claim he couldn’t visit potential clients but her already fraud business should get some attention.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
It made more sense to get the money out ASAP and deal with the cheats later. I heard the government contracted the B4 consulting firms just to straight process PPP applications. Apparently they had hundreds of people working different shifts so they could basically process apps 24 hours a day for weeks or months. My guess is they’ll hire one of them again to do the fraud work. At that point I’m sure it’ll just be a list they have people working through so it’ll depend where he sits on that list.

Also, didn’t someone post that he renewed his insurance license after letting it lapse for a number of years? That may have something to do with it

BudDickman

It made more sense to get the money out ASAP and deal with the cheats later. I heard the government contracted the B4 consulting firms just to straight process PPP applications. Apparently they had hundreds of people working different shifts so they could basically process apps 24 hours a day for weeks or months. My guess is they’ll hire one of them again to do the fraud work. At that point I’m sure it’ll just be a list they have people working through so it’ll depend where he sits on that list.

Also, didn’t someone post that he renewed his insurance license after letting it lapse for a number of years? That may have something to do with it
It's interesting that his industry is listed as N/A, which actually makes sense since he is an unindustrious fat slob who just farts into his couch all day.

The other PPP loan listings that I've looked at all show something for the industry. Is he pretending to be an insurance salesman or an author with this application?

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
Niki’s business should set off a red flag because her work is done 100% online. Covid would have done zero damage to a business that works online. Pats insurance one is a grey area because he could claim he couldn’t visit potential clients but her already fraud business should get some attention.
I can’t remember exactly since it was a while ago but I think his insurance thing was long dormant and dead, reactivating it just to claim covid payments is a absolutely fraud