How is Compound Media still in business?

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
Not joking when I say CM would be better and make more money if they just organized a series of Zoom calls, shared them for free, and came up with exclusive perks for those who throw money at them every month. People are so used to Zoom and UGC that the professional setup isn’t giving them any kind of edge, just more overhead and problems.
i really hate zoom shows tho, LOS is great when they are sitting together, the zoom ones are always shit

Salted Earth Truffle

Eric Hildeman poked my no-no hole when I was 5
i really hate zoom shows tho, LOS is great when they are sitting together, the zoom ones are always shit
My ADHD ass can only manage an occasional podcast listen if I’m REALLY into the episode premise AND someone I know is the host or guest. Watching Kevin Brennan’s aftermath Zoom calls post-chimpout (on 2x speed) is what made me realize CM gains almost nothing from being slickly produced. (I usually only watch podcast clips when I’m eating alone and need something to entertain me. Otherwise I’ll listen while driving or doing something else. As long as the audio is decent, I’m good.)

Yeah, the dynamic of a group hang is different and better than a Zoom. But it’s nothing to go into millions of debt or bankrupt yourself to have.

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
My ADHD ass can only manage an occasional podcast listen if I’m REALLY into the episode premise AND someone I know is the host or guest. Watching Kevin Brennan’s aftermath Zoom calls post-chimpout (on 2x speed) is what made me realize CM gains almost nothing from being slickly produced. (I usually only watch podcast clips when I’m eating alone and need something to entertain me. Otherwise I’ll listen while driving or doing something else. As long as the audio is decent, I’m good.)

Yeah, the dynamic of a group hang is different and better than a Zoom. But it’s nothing to go into millions of debt or bankrupt yourself to have.
true i dont think anyone is just sitting around watching podcasts like a retard, so the visual environment isnt that important

Salted Earth Truffle

Eric Hildeman poked my no-no hole when I was 5
i dont think anyone is just sitting around watching podcasts like a retard
You’d be surprised. But many (maybe most) tune in on their employer’s time, so audio is primary. The cameras just encourage gay drama. Would any of the physical confrontations have happened if no video was being captured? Doubtful.

Streaming Compound Media content at broadcast-quality level is like insisting on fine china and solid gold cutlery for a meal of human excrement. Only a moron would waste unnecessary money and effort on complete shit. Anthony did that and calls it winning. 🙈

Gay Faggot.

A SEDUCTIVE heifer of the SEAS
You’d be surprised. But many (maybe most) tune in on their employer’s time, so audio is primary. The cameras just encourage gay drama. Would any of the physical confrontations have happened if no video was being captured? Doubtful.

Streaming Compound Media content at broadcast-quality level is like insisting on fine china and solid gold cutlery for a meal of human excrement. Only a moron would waste unnecessary money and effort on complete shit. Anthony did that and calls it winning. 🙈
He does it because he wants to pretend he’s Johnny Carson. It has been brought up for years. There’s no reason for him to have a video stream. His table mic is retarded to have in a studio. He keeps the video quality lower to hide the fact he is an ugly ghoul. Child Rape Media is a vanity project through and through at this point. Whoever first pointed out he does this to maintain a social life was dead on the money.

2chapos

He's not making much at all. Theexpense of rent and paying the crew and whatever it costs to feed Erock can be cover by 2k subs. Remember the keith leak of view counts?
The only times he was close to " being in the "black" wmwhen Artie was announced as cohost. There was surge of subscribers that used to help finance the aborted expansion.

The Fuchitive

Still alive as of January 2024
That studio is not $6000 a month haha. I know a guy who rents similarly purposed commercial space in an area where real estate costs a fraction of what it does in NYC and while somewhat larger, it costs $8k a month. There’s no way he’s paying less than 10.

Employee costs are much more than 10 racks. Do you see how many shlubs are packed into that booth?

And we haven’t even began to talk about his biggest expense: bandwidth. The same friend hosts his own video library, not even close to the size of compound’s, and bandwidth is approaching 25 grand. Long form videos eat up a shit load of bandwidth and Cumia has thousands. Not to mention this friend doesn’t even livestream from his website either.