How is Compound Media still in business?

Salted Earth Truffle

Eric Hildeman poked my no-no hole when I was 5
I can’t imagine their subscriber base even covers the rent on their studio and office. We know they pay next to nothing to most of the “talent,” but there was a time when certain now-departed hosts were making decent coin there. (At that time they did not get a cut of the back-end of ad sales or affiliate revenue, but that might have changed.)

It’s a simple math problem so I can only imagine Anthony has taken on an enormous amount of debt to keep it going. But why? He’s clearly not into it.

At its peak, CM was probably running around breakeven.

In 2022 there is no way that is true, though if /r/tacn is any indication the network has picked up a fair amount of MAGA right wing grifter fans to replace the original subscribers looking for actual comedy

There is zero chance Anthony keeps the NYC studio once he moves south. He's been slowly shedding costs through attrition and there's almost nothing left there anyway. I'm expecting some form of deal where GAS, Gavin, etc offer to pick up whatever shows are left when Ant shuts the place down.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
It's not a business at this point. It's not even a hobby. It's like an addiction. Like someone saying that they just gamble for fun. Or play poker for a living. But you look at their financials and they are down $250K a year from gambling and cards. They start off gambling as a hobby. Enter a poker tournament once a month or whatever. Next thing you know they are playing four times a week. Then finally they are playing every day and literally losing every day.

Anthony basically had a hobby of streaming from his basement. Once he was fired from Sirius he turned his hobby into a small gig just to get some extra money on the side. Next thing you know he has dozens of staff and shows to pay and a studio in NYC. Yet no income. And is losing money every single day while telling everyone around him "I'm winning".

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
Because despite what the fags on here say, it doesn’t take that many subs to keep a hobby afloat. $6,000 per month rent, $10,000 per month employee pay and you’re looking at 2000 subs to break even. That’s not including people renting the studio and the VFW hall comedy shows.

The “failure” of Compound Media is greatly exaggerated as it enters nearly a decade on the air.

JebJoh

He has survived on his savings and then loans against his house for at least 3 years. He tried a few things that could have helped but somehow they all failed miserably. Hiring Artie was the breaking point where nana had to start taking loans, the comedians of the compound shows became desperate attempts to save himself. I'm pretty sure by the last few nobody was getting paid anything and nobody was bringing more than 1 fan each. I recall one night where someone contacted the bartender at the club and found out he was pissed that he wasted a night to get $20 in tips.

Jims_Maroon_Pants

crumbly feta enjoyer
I can’t imagine their subscriber base even covers the rent on their studio and office. We know they pay next to nothing to most of the “talent,” but there was a time when certain now-departed hosts were making decent coin there. (At that time they did not get a cut of the back-end of ad sales or affiliate revenue, but that might have changed.)

It’s a simple math problem so I can only imagine Anthony has taken on an enormous amount of debt to keep it going. But why? He’s clearly not into it.
I don't listen, but does he have a lot of ads?

G

Please be joking
No, its true...saw the screenshot, they make like 9K+ from 2k+ subs

jgl.jpg

G

I just went to the Compound site to check how much a sub is, and I forgot how inept they are. Every image in the slideshow and the thumbnails ALL look like blown up jpgs. The on demand link in the slideshow is awkwardly placed and makes no sense, and if you click it it goes to a blank page.

The formatting could be my browser, but that still wouldn't be an excuse in 2022.

Remember how it took them like a year to figure out everyone could access everything for free through the RSS feed?