HBO Max Woodstock 99 doc

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
View attachment 1823

Sounds like you have a problem with me? Meet me outside in 5, i’ll finish this kale smoothie, and then finish you.
I could see some tattoos peaking out during the doc when this dope was crying about the event and all I could think was “I’m sure those tattoos are awful” and I was right. I forgot how much of a miserable cunt Moby was, the fact that the only artists they could get to bitch about Woodstock 99 was him, jewel, fat offspring, and still-bitter-almost-40-years-later Dave “Metallica fired me” Mustaine shows you this doc is shit. When people think of Woodstock 99 nobody thinks of Jewel and Moby. Could have been a great doc but they fucked it all up to virtue signal to say that white men are all angry and bad. They acted like the festival was a giant MAGA rally and not a massive fuck up from the people who organized it.

T

Tony Hinchclit

Please nut up and cancel HBO Max

Trailer alone stretches the truth to portray reddit like it was an alt-right hate site festering in 1999. Literally a fake movie. Documentaries are fake now.

There's a deep seeded hatred against Limp Bizkit and other unapologetically masculine white people. Try to address it and you’ll be exiled. But it’s real.
I remember seeing a comment on a Bizkit VH1 documentary or something that said "Ah yes, Limp Bizkit. The last time being white was cool". Gave me a loff bit it's true though.

Last edited by a moderator:

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I actually just realized while talking to a co-worker about it the documentary wants you to believe Metallica not only caused the disaster but also had the crowd angry over their fight with Napster which didn’t happen until a year after Woodstock 99. They purposely deceive the audience into thinking they took Napster to court before Woodstock just so they could get bitter Dave Mustaine to cry about Metallica being greedy with a “don’t they have enough money?” Quote.

It seems like the documentary couldn’t get interviews from the major artists who played it so out of spite lied about what happen and blamed it on anyone that turned down their interview requests. What a piece of lying shit! I hope the bands that were trashed come out in the press and point out the documentary is a lie.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
If angry white people are so bad, how come Woodstock 93 went off more or less without a hitch, despite an equally if not moreso Caucasian lineup, and similarly egregious pricing by vendors?
They act like it was a success because it rained all day so people weren’t dropping like flies due to heat and lack of water / proper facilities. They really wanted you to believe those grunge types (majority white men with depression issues) were not littering and pissing and shitting in the mud but the problem was angry college white men 5 years later.

The makers were pissed they could only get Moby and Jewel to interview (nobody went to Woodstock 99 for them) so they decide to blame it all on the fans of the groups who declined to be interviewed. Tom Morello didn’t even want to be in this and he talks to anyone with a camera. Metallica played both Woodstock’s but they were the problem this time around. Fucking hack filmmakers doing revisionist history is the worst.

I actually just realized while talking to a co-worker about it the documentary wants you to believe Metallica not only caused the disaster but also had the crowd angry over their fight with Napster which didn’t happen until a year after Woodstock 99. They purposely deceive the audience into thinking they took Napster to court before Woodstock just so they could get bitter Dave Mustaine to cry about Metallica being greedy with a “don’t they have enough money?” Quote.

It seems like the documentary couldn’t get interviews from the major artists who played it so out of spite lied about what happen and blamed it on anyone that turned down their interview requests. What a piece of lying shit! I hope the bands that were trashed come out in the press and point out the documentary is a lie.
What Mustaine always fails to mention is the fact that they HAD to kick him out of Metallica. They were about to record their first record and Mustaine was drunk off his ass 24/7 and in no condition to record or perform. He has no one to blame but himself.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
What Mustaine always fails to mention is the fact that they HAD to kick him out of Metallica. They were about to record their first record and Mustaine was drunk off his ass 24/7 and in no condition to record or perform. He has no one to blame but himself.
Exactly, he was an angry drunk and couldn’t be trusted to perform at the level needed. The fact the doc used him just to shit on Metallica (let it go!) over Napster (which happened a year AFTER Woodstock 99) shows the filmmakers just wanted to trash bands that declined to be interviewed. Having Mustaine discuss what his former band was doing in 99/2000 (after being kicked close to 20 years before that) is like having Pete Best discussing how the The Beatles recorded the White Album.

Exactly, he was an angry drunk and couldn’t be trusted to perform at the level needed. The fact the doc used him just to shit on Metallica (let it go!) over Napster (which happened a year AFTER Woodstock 99) shows the filmmakers just wanted to trash bands that declined to be interviewed. Having Mustaine discuss what his former band was doing in 99/2000 (after being kicked close to 20 years before that) is like having Pete Best discussing how the The Beatles recorded the White Album.
I saw Megadeth on their first tour, opening for Slayer. Mustaine was a drunken argumentative mess, forgetting his own lyrics and stopping and re-starting songs after fucking his parts all up. Meanwhile Metallica was already touring Europe and the states and playing huge festivals. Mustaine simply wasn't up to it at the time.

G

I didn’t watch this shitty doc but I was there at the show and I can tell you that people were having a good time until it got super fucking hot and there was no water to drink anywhere. Also the “riot” was just people burning the wooden fencing that started during the chili peppers playing “fire”. And they were the last act of the whole show at like 10 pm on Sunday. Probably more than half of the crowd was already gone and probably 90% of them were gone when people got crazy at the end but still it was just burning some wooden fence, who gives a fuck.

Greedy Jews ruined it with $5 Dasani and understaffed and undersupplied concession stands.

Also i think moby played on like the 3rd stage at midnight or something. He must have been about 100th on the bill.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Knew it was going to be shit as soon as the trailer started blaming it on white people.

Do yourself a favor and do some actual research on Woodstock 99. It had nothing to do with race, just a general shitshow.
Exactly, it was just an all around mess of a festival. Untrained staff, awful location, excess heat, bad conditions, price gauging (they charged the same price for water as beer which means they knew they were charging too much since beer sold is all mark up) and even confiscated any food or water people brought for camping. It was similar to the disaster that was the FYRE festival but the documentary tries to say it was angry white men and their angry rock music that were also racist and angry at an event that was majority white.

They even say it was racist that the majority white crowd enjoyed and sang alone to DMX. They really want you to believe white people have never sang along to rap songs like Notorious BIG’s Juicy and Kanye West’s Gold Digger. Just complete woke bullshit for 2021.

They even try to make it look like Metallica was suing Napster before Woodstock even though that was a year later. Napster wasn’t even around for a month at the time of Woodstock 99. All just to have bitter Dave Mustaine (who Metallica kicked out in 1982) cry that Metallica is greedy and say “don’t you have enough money?” Fucking Hacks Film makers!

Naked_Militiaman

Powdered Toast Man
They need to do one on Woodstock 94 next and get Henry Rollins to throw the fans under the bus. “When night fell I heard some insecure white guys cheering for Cypress Hill and thought to myself, have you two Eddie Haskells ever heard this thing called rap music before? I hate to break it to you but it may not exactly be your bowl of Frosted Flakes. There’s something unsettling about a bunch of sweaty white people hoisting two colored guys in the air and carrying them off to the stage. You may call it crowdsurfing but I call it a lynch party.”

AwfulManTitTankTop

"AnTi-swaTTing laws"
As you said in the OP, this could have been an incredible documentary. It was such a poorly organized festival in obscenely hot weather with $8 waters and porta potties that didn't work. The story itself is very interesting on its own. But nah, actually? Uhhhh, it was white people's fault.

There used to be a time when you would go to concerts and girls would crowdsurf and they'd basically get groped and fondled and violated as they were passed back over the crowd. And every scene/genre has some faggot that puffs their chest out and says "I'M GONNA BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF ANYONE WHO DOES THAT TO A GIRL AT A SHOW I GO TO!" But they rarely do. It's stupid and shitty and shouldn't happen, but it did and does. Especially in the late 90's. The retards that put that festival together lost control of the crowd and it descended into pandemonium. We're talking about 20 years in the past here. The culture was so much different and you could get away with so much more shit that to go back and just slap all your faggoty little woke rules on it is asinine. The sexual assault at the fest was horrible but sexual assault happens at music festivals all the fucking time. When you put a bunch of wooks on drugs in what is essentially lawless territory there's always gonna be a few people that don't behave themselves. There's people that go to them literally just to rob and loot people's tents when the headliners are on. There's predatory cults that find people too fucked up and get them on a bus and they're never heard from again. It's not quite as wholesome as the burnout boomers would have you believe.

I actually go to a lot of music festivals. Music festivals are white people shit. I have met and seen a very small handful of black people at them, but they are incredibly rare in that scene. And it's not because of racism. Everyone there is a fuckin' hippie, burnout, or otherwise degenerate to some degree. Nobody cares if you're gay, a tranny, black, white, whatever. It's just that camping in the woods for 3-4 days and taking tons of drugs and listening to jam bands is an activity that black people aren't as into as white people. The only notable exception I can think of is Rock the Bells, a hip-hop festival that hasn't existed in ten years. That was a one day thing like Warped Tour though, and while it was technically a festival, it wasn't a multi day affair like Woodstock 99. Every other Woodstock was all white people. They could've filled half the lineup with blacks and it still would've mostly just drawn white people.

At the time, Woodstock ‘99 was a complete joke/mockery/farce, whatever you call it. Trying hard to be the original Woodstock and failing.
Trying to match the greatest music movement of all time (late 60s) with Limp Bizkit, Korn, Everlast was completely laughable. Not to mention the way they gauged the consumer with inflated prices.
But looking back, it aged really well in terms of being an event of its very own and it was metal as fuck. The stories I hear from it were insane. Starts out in 90 degree heat on an unshaded tarmac. Hardcore conditions. As it goes on, people are getting angry and animalistic. Limp Bizkits set, say of them what you will, brought the fucking house down. And from that point forward, women were being molested and even gang raped. The portapotties were tipped over and people starting literally throwing feces at each other. Fires were started and then looting began.

That whole event was so fucking hardcore that it was legendary, and then society went so faggot right afterwards that it makes the novelty of it even greater

RIP-Allen-Lanier

DMANIAC
They need to do one on Woodstock 94 next and get Henry Rollins to throw the fans under the bus. “When night fell I heard some insecure white guys cheering for Cypress Hill and thought to myself, have you two Eddie Haskells ever heard this thing called rap music before? I hate to break it to you but it may not exactly be your bowl of Frosted Flakes. There’s something unsettling about a bunch of sweaty white people hoisting two colored guys in the air and carrying them off to the stage. You may call it crowdsurfing but I call it a lynch party.”
Man I miss the Rollins memes