Getting into Stern

Cyberatorquer

Five Sink Gangster Cribs
I find early Ron&Fez (WNEW) much more interesting than Howard Stern.

A classic bit, where show producer Billy Staples (also known on O&A as ''Fat Guy''), recently having stopped following his AA 12 step program and divorced from his wife, has a date with an interested woman listener live on air.

Spe
Every so often I go down the Mark Harris rabbit-hole. I looked up Leo De Lyon a few months ago, and was surprised to see that fucker is on this side of the dirt.

Mark Harris knew he had heart issues, but still continued with his vanity surgeries, which no doubt hastened his death.

Mark wheeled her old bones out for this ....at one point she looks like a floating head.

Also nice interview with the OG Joker, Cesar Romero

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Stern was my introduction into American shock jock radio, so while I concede he's become a complete shell and hypochondriac - well, he was always the latter really - but in my years of searching and listening, there are moments that stand out to this day:

- The Pat Cooper Meltdown

- Most of the in-group ball-busting

- ALL of the Jackie ball-busting

- K.C.'s crazy stories and song parodies

- Anything with Billy West

- Robin's moments relating to her book and revelations from said book

- Fred being hyper-sensitive

- Fred going off on impersonation tangents

- The first two years of Sirius - or at least the first 18 months

- Gary's first pitch

- Martha Raye's death

- Gilbert Goddfried laughing inappropriately

- Evil Dave Letterman

- Riley Martin, always and forever

- And let's never forget, they only moments in show history he had no control over a guest... The Jesus Twins.

I miss that kind of Howard, even if it was fake after all.

What should a brotherman listen to to get into Stern? What era?
This list has everything worth listening to from Stern but if you listen to anything, listen to the OJ Simpson Trial discussions.

Personal favorites: Emotional Friend 143. Jerry Lewis. Riley Martin. Sour Shoes. Jackie. Evil Dave. Hateman. Miss Howard Stern. Artie vs High pitch Mike. Siobhan The Tranny.

There's even a Soprano's compilation.

Last edited:

RobertMewler

This list has everything worth listening to from Stern but if you listen to anything, listen to the OJ Simpson Trial discussions.

Personal favorites: Emotional Friend 143. Jerry Lewis. Riley Martin. Sour Shoes. Jackie. Evil Dave. Hateman. Miss Howard Stern. Artie vs High pitch Mike. Siobhan The Tranny.

There's even a Soprano's compilation.

I've been listening to the OJ trial segments straight through. Right now I'm in the middle of part VI. It's been riveting (and entertaining).