Getting fired for telling a shitty customer you don't care

DeadWithoutMyDavid

xe/xim/xey
Selling cars years ago and it's an industry where you can get away with telling off a customer and not get into any trouble, sometimes the manager or even owner will come in and actually finalize telling someone off for you.

I remember an old GSM I had found out we were about to sell a car to some level 3 sex offender because we googled his name. I came back to the guy with a price that was 2k over sticker and he looked at me like I was nuts.

The GSM from across the store stood and said "that's the pedo price." The guy ended up leaving horrendously embarrassed. I couldn't believe it.

I missed out on a deal, but was still given half an eight ball by that GSM at the end of the night because of it.

What an industry!
Was it a van

My last bar job i was the front of house manager of some shit sports bar. Before I quit I had my dad drive down with the trailer and we stole all their patio furniture and all the meat from the freezer, the two chefs raided the cellar and the other assistant manager took a load of liquor. Then I tipped off the owner that the general manager had been stealing cash and forging the monthly reports for years (with evidence) and was handing in my keys because I didn't want to be part of a criminal conspiracy. Everyone else did the same. Poor guy took the blame for everything and the company went bankrupt. In the whole last year I worked there I was on oxy almost every shift and would sometimes just shut the bar at 5pm, go home and play MW2 then come back at midnight and set the alarm. The staff loved me for it as they were paid hourly.