Geniune 1958 vintage gibson ES-330? COMP'D

IanHalperin

Hosting Brunch at a Night Club.
Any guitarzans in here can prove this is chinese junk?

Imagepipe_11.jpg

Last edited:
Quick search tells me the ES-330TD was released in 1959.

Correct.
Also I can't find any 330's with square inlays pre 1962.

Also correct, dot inlays for sure.

Additionally, the tailpiece seems to be a replacement, as ES-330's have a diamond shaped design, not stripes like this one has. My other issue with this is the condition. Fretboard/frets look brand new. Zero signs of wear down to the pickup screws. Where's all the age? Also from what I can tell, '59's didn't have black screw pickup hardware. Should be Nickle. Where's the aging on the fretboard binding? See how the binding has yellowed on the body? It's bright white on the fretboard. I'd be interested to see the back for sure and pictures into the F-holes.

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Correct.

Also correct, dot inlays for sure.

Additionally, the tailpiece seems to be a replacement, as ES-330's have a diamond shaped design, not stripes like this one has. My other issue with this is the condition. Fretboard/frets look brand new. Zero signs of wear down to the pickup screws. Where's all the age? Also from what I can tell, '59's didn't have black screw pickup hardware. Should be Nickle. Where's the aging on the fretboard binding? See how the binding has yellowed on the body? It's bright white on the fretboard. I'd be interested to see the back for sure and pictures into the F-holes.
No. The inlays are actually jay turser 700s and the paint job is a rare flange pedal egg white. Don't talk about shit you know nothing about.

lowend73

dirty nachos
My guess is the original owner just made one with the copycat blanks you can buy. Easy enough to buy the parts

Chinks make copycat Rickenbackers that you can find on ebay

I would love to buy a real one, but prices have shot up on all instruments. They are a bitch too adjust as well