• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Fourth of July Louis CK movie starring Joe List

not that Jack Horner

If you saw me IRL you very likely wouldn't look me
Meryl Streep got Luis J. Gomez's scene cut from the movie and he actually seemed sort of bummed out and hurt by it. He apparently really gave his all acting like a psycho and got all cut up punching through a windshield too. Joe told him on Bobby's show live at Skankfest which is pretty funny.

Nice “making me like Meryl Streep” stupid

G

Nice “making me like Meryl Streep” stupid
She still has a nice fat ass

3.jpg

thumb3_meryl_streep_dba71f.jpg

quote1.jpg

Nice opening quote, stupid. If you want people to take your "dramedy" seriously, maybe don't make one of the first things onscreen be a cheeky nod to a children's film. (not to mention that Tarantino already did that style of quote misdirection with "Kill Bill")

That's probably why he Special Thanks John Hughes in the credits, too. Christ, Louis sucks when he's playing filmmaker.

Joe_Cumia_Eats_HUMAN_SHIT

fuck jews
View attachment 58548

Nice opening quote, stupid. If you want people to take your "dramedy" seriously, maybe don't make one of the first things onscreen be a cheeky nod to a children's film. (not to mention that Tarantino already did that style of quote misdirection with "Kill Bill")

That's probably why he Special Thanks John Hughes in the credits, too. Christ, Louis sucks when he's playing filmmaker.

Joe List said he got bad anxiety before a show one time (shocker) and watched that line from Home Alone and started crying. Fucking faggot

Holy shit does this movie suck.

Hey Louis, you ever wonder why most movies opt to hire actors instead of their cohorts from The Comedy Cellar? Because most audiences hate watching people TRY TO ACT. When Robert Kelly is one of the most natural performers in your film, you are truly fucked.

DON'T READ THIS. @Brian_Gilgore was much more succinct. I just hated this enough to be inspired to write a full review:

1/10

I'm not even being a dick. It's really, really bad.

It's everything you hate about Louis. It's whiny, impotent, self-pitying and pretentious. It opts for maudlin sentimentality over humour EVERY time. Like the worst amateur films, it thinks it's smarter than the audience, but is filled with stupid decisions at every level -- the scene where Joe emotionally spirals in the kitchen after getting pants-ed playing volleyball has to be seen to be believed. It's mumblecore without any grassroots passion and too much ukulele score.

The entire purpose of this movie is to explore the complicated nature of family dynamics, yet rather than have the lead character's wife play a realistically consequential role, she stays home and his emotional sounding board is a bi-racial widow one of the cousins with barely any lines brought over for the weekend. It feels like a cheap cop-out every time this random character facilitates an emotional breakthrough. In fact, all the women are terribly written. They're just cunts (not the mulatto, of course, she's cute, pretty much rolls with anything and is happy to have her emotional baggage completely ignored). Meanwhile half the men in the film are weepy, introspective and emotionally nuanced.

Robert Walsh is terrible. Attempting to express suppressed malaise but ultimately looking like he's trying to hold in a shit the entire movie. It was too on the nose the first time, but there are literally between four and seven static shots of him in quiet agony.

The film is also too sheepish to actually do anything that might rattle the audience from the doldrums it creates. Early in the film Joe takes on Robert Kelly as an AA sponsee. Since Joe fails to realize the narcissistic nature of his family struggles, he overlooks his responsibilities as a sponsor. A more confident film might make the Robert character relapse, creating a significant and tangible consequence for Joe's behaviour. This film, however, has Robert pop up fatly in the back of a scene at a pizzeria -- he called Joe's wife to track him down because he's going crazy ova here! He hasn't actually drank and he forgives Joe immediately since "No one has every apologized to me before. Ever." and their subsequent conservation serves as the catalyst to solving all of Joe's problems. It's ABC Family level writing.

I have no idea why someone with an understanding and appreciation of film like Louis CK would make this. This film has nothing to say you haven't heard said before in better movies or even conversations overheard on the bus. This is a film that Joe List will like and I don't think they tried to make it enjoyable for anybody else.

G

DON'T READ THIS. @Brian_Gilgore was much more succinct. I just hated this enough to be inspired to write a full review:

1/10

I'm not even being a dick. It's really, really bad.

It's everything you hate about Louis. It's whiny, impotent, self-pitying and pretentious. It opts for maudlin sentimentality over humour EVERY time. Like the worst amateur films, it thinks it's smarter than the audience, but is filled with stupid decisions at every level -- the scene where Joe emotionally spirals in the kitchen after getting pants-ed playing volleyball has to be seen to be believed. It's mumblecore without any grassroots passion and too much ukulele score.

The entire purpose of this movie is to explore the complicated nature of family dynamics, yet rather than have the lead character's wife play a realistically consequential role, she stays home and his emotional sounding board is a bi-racial widow one of the cousins with barely any lines brought over for the weekend. It feels like a cheap cop-out every time this random character facilitates an emotional breakthrough. In fact, all the women are terribly written. They're just cunts (not the mulatto, of course, she's cute, pretty much rolls with anything and is happy to have her emotional baggage completely ignored). Meanwhile half the men in the film are weepy, introspective and emotionally nuanced.

Robert Walsh is terrible. Attempting to express suppressed malaise but ultimately looking like he's trying to hold in a shit the entire movie. It was too on the nose the first time, but there are literally between four and seven static shots of him in quiet agony.

The film is also too sheepish to actually do anything that might rattle the audience from the doldrums it creates. Early in the film Joe takes on Robert Kelly as an AA sponsee. Since Joe fails to realize the narcissistic nature of his family struggles, he overlooks his responsibilities as a sponsor. A more confident film might make the Robert character relapse, creating a significant and tangible consequence for Joe's behaviour. This film, however, has Robert pop up fatly in the back of a scene at a pizzeria -- he called Joe's wife to track him down because he's going crazy ova here! He hasn't actually drank and he forgives Joe immediately since "No one has every apologized to me before. Ever." and their subsequent conservation serves as the catalyst to solving all of Joe's problems. It's ABC Family level writing.

I have no idea why someone with an understanding and appreciation of film like Louis CK would make this. This film has nothing to say you haven't heard said before in better movies or even conversations overheard on the bus. This is a film that Joe List will like and I don't think they tried to make it enjoyable for anybody else.
You summed it up better than I will but i hated it so much I’ll keep it brief

Joe list is the College educated redditor coming home to meet his blue collar family.
Louis ck could have made it so much better if he made joe list the butt of the joke. But it came off like joe list was the morally superior righteous 2022 numale educating his “ignorant” family on why they were assholes.
His family is pretty fucking sweet, pounding beers, making pedo and racial jokes.

Bobby was a good actor, and dipaolo was surprisingly good. I don’t know if this was louis trying to score ironic woke points with the cinema crowd or it’s my jaded cynicism disliking all the faggot shit joe list says IE you didnt hug me mom, 3 years sober, etc.

But in general it seems like louis ck wanted the audience to identify with joe list as the downtrodden, therapy going intellectual and see the blue collar family as the villain. When in reality joe list is the fucking douche bag treating his happy go lucky family like shit, especially his parents, because he has some form of mental illness probably caused by too much reddit karma.

Not to mention the super ironic, above it all, 10 layers of sarcasm mulatta girl that really had no reason to be in the movie

It’s like louis ck made an entire film projecting his dislike towards the northeastern working man, because he read some history and lost his accent and is now part of the intellectual elite, just above it all.

The attempt to make it deep with the regular joe boston cousin jeff and reconcile everything with joe list and his mom was horrifically cringeworthy

2/10 it was a chore to finish.
chuckled like twice with some dipaolo lines.
:image_9247:

Last edited by a moderator: