Finally he admits he's useless.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
He seems to have enough time to put out 25-tweet threads about Transformers and the Ukraine but he can't do a thousand words on his stupid books.

This is how incredibly stupid he is. A person who admits he has ADHD/ADD/whatever can't put his phone down and picks a fucking bar to try and work. Tons of distractions. No wonder it takes him years to finish something.

What's also really sad is that his books are so terrible I expect them to come from someone who says they bang out 5 thousand words a day and get the book done in a month. That would make more sense. This fat fuck is admitting he spends tons of time on these books. All that time and they're are pure dogshit.
He got publishers to print his work before twitter took over his whole life. Now nobody wants his bullshit because his writing “career” is an afterthought. Twitter to him is the most important thing and his books are no longer his top priority. That’s why he’s writing on spec, and publishers don’t want him.

AntsBatteryCharge

&$;;-:
It's been 3 years at least

5-D0496-D3-1-D8-E-4-EA4-AB0-C-63-ECE2-B3-D113.jpg

FurBurger

What would you do for a Klondike bar?
He got publishers to print his work before twitter took over his whole life. Now nobody wants his bullshit because his writing “career” is an afterthought. Twitter to him is the most important thing and his books are no longer his top priority. That’s why he’s writing on spec, and publishers don’t want him.
Nah. His first three books sold reasonably well for a new author at an unknown publisher. I assume that's because he negotiated a very low advance (and probably royalty too), and they could dump that extra money into advertising.

Then Tor signed him, and his books did dogshit numbers; and now he's unwanted by all. I'd dig up his tweet about how authors who don't "earn out" their advance have no further career in writing, but I CBF'd.

EraGodless

You forgot to mention that his writing fucking flat out fucking sucks. So even if he were to concentrate on writing, it still wouldn't find a market. And if if he managed to find someone stupid enough to pay him to publish his horseshit, Pat would basically have to scrub his social media presence because he's a radioactive toxic unstable fat faggot. And I don't think he would do that-- the ego is too big on that one.

EraGodless

"Outlining the project"? I thought one of the common complaints from here is that people suddenly pop up in scenes like they've always been there, because he needs them but has forgotten to move them from wherever he left them.

Actually, as of mid last year he only had one completed but not published project. That's 18 months into the pandemic, and 18 months after Tor released him from further work; and he'd accomplished nothing, the fat lump:

View attachment 29236
Link to the archive, he's still at 15 likes nearly a year later.
Man, that book must really fucking suck for him to not attempt to publish it. He should publish it under a pseudonym- I. M. Phat

When I'm really clicking along on a project [sic; needs a comma] I can write a novel in about three months.
Calling bullshit. I don't have the tweet handy, but Pat admitted that he quit his job in 2011 in order to write his first book, The Ark. It was not published until 2015. That's five, count 'em, FIVE FUCKING YEARS later. He was unemployed and it took him five goddamned years to write a 350 page book. Even considering the low quality, there is no way this no talent ass clown is pumping out a full novel in three months.

It's been like five months since he started the world's least asked-for book, his Tiny Tim revenge book, and he's not even 1/3 done with it. If I knew anything at all about Dickens (I won't read him, he's just another old white male author and I have been instructed to find more diverse authors), I would personally write a Tiny Tim revenge book in two weeks and dump $20,000 into printing up a bunch of copies and buying ads to shill it, just to ruin this for Pat. Fat liar.

EraGodless

Calling bullshit. I don't have the tweet handy, but Pat admitted that he quit his job in 2011 in order to write his first book, The Ark. It was not published until 2015. That's five, count 'em, FIVE FUCKING YEARS later. He was unemployed and it took him five goddamned years to write a 350 page book. Even considering the low quality, there is no way this no talent ass clown is pumping out a full novel in three months.

It's been like five months since he started the world's least asked-for book, his Tiny Tim revenge book, and he's not even 1/3 done with it. If I knew anything at all about Dickens (I won't read him, he's just another old white male author and I have been instructed to find more diverse authors), I would personally write a Tiny Tim revenge book in two weeks and dump $20,000 into printing up a bunch of copies and buying ads to shill it, just to ruin this for Pat. Fat liar.
2011 to 2015 is 4 years. Nice math, stupid.

AntsBatteryCharge

&$;;-:

7760-D10-A-B4-F6-4-DDF-B4-B8-3221-DE09-A5-EF.jpg

FurBurger

What would you do for a Klondike bar?

There's a whole post on here trying to figure out Pat's work history, but the short answer is you can't, because it changes every time he mentions it.

Here's him claiming he had 200 rejections before being published, but that sounds fishy because it suggests he'd completed three whole books before the Ark came out, and he let slip the other day that he hadn't finished anything during the pandemic.