• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Examples of Shitty Writing in The Sopranos

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
The original ending to Sopranos was Tony driving to visit Meadow in NYC and him dying in a 9/11 terrorist style attack in the tunnel. There were going to be a bunch of scenes of Tony driving to NYC through the tunnels leading up to it, a few made it into the show even, but the cut-to-black ending was chosen sometime during season four instead. It was meant to show that while the mafia was evil there was a whole new level of evil in America that the FBI needed to worry about.

So Tony would have died going to visit Meadow who was living in NYC after graduating from college.
Where did you see that?

G

The craziest thing about SoA is that the creator, Kurt Sutter, allegedly played a major role in The Shield, which is one of the best TV dramas of all time. It's probably the closest thing to Sopranos tier TV I've ever seen. It has the greatest finale of any show I've ever seen. And it's like 20 years old. Can't recommend it enough.
Yeah, Kurt Sutter wrote a bunch of episodes and he also played that ponytailed Albanian psycho, the one who cut off people's feet. He's also married to Peggy Bundy irl, who also had a small part in The Shield. Walton Goggins' acting in that show, especially in the last season, is just some of the best ever in anything. As good as anyone, Day Lewis anyone.

Udders

Great food
The original pilot of The Shield simply had the ending being Terry Crowley going undercover. And then in like episode five or six he would get shot. But no network would pick up the pilot unless it was action packed, meaning he had to die within the first episode. It ended up setting a way faster pace. The entire show was high pace because the first episode was so insane. They took the idea of killing the main character from HBO's OZ. Where OZ killed its main character Dino in the first episode and revealed the real main character was Beecher the wimpy lawyer.

Imagine in the pilot episode of Sopranos that Junior sends the two moolies to whack Tony how different the tone of the show would have been.
I can't say enough great things about The Shield. I love how the Crowley incident literally followed them the entire series, not just brought up when it was convenient. Its also the easiest show for me to rewatch. Its so tight and so solid, its made for binging.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
I can't say enough great things about The Shield. I love how the Crowley incident literally followed them the entire series, not just brought up when it was convenient. Its also the easiest show for me to rewatch. Its so tight and so solid, its made for binging.
That is how Game of Thrones was supposed to be as well. The first scene is of the snow monsters killing people and the entire mystery surrounding them. It was supposed to be the main story. The whole supernatural and end-of-the-world element.

But then they are ignored or almost the entire show....and then literally amount to nothing. Imagine if The Shield had all seasons barely dealing or mentioning Crowley....then in the final two episodes Shane leaps from a bookshelf off camera onto Claudette and stabs her do death and they defeat the Crowley investigation and live happily-ever-after. And Crowley is not even mentioned in the last few episodes like he never existed.

Udders

Great food
That is how Game of Thrones was supposed to be as well. The first scene is of the snow monsters killing people and the entire mystery surrounding them. It was supposed to be the main story. The whole supernatural and end-of-the-world element.

But then they are ignored or almost the entire show....and then literally amount to nothing. Imagine if The Shield had all seasons barely dealing or mentioning Crowley....then in the final two episodes Shane leaps from a bookshelf off camera onto Claudette and stabs her do death and they defeat the Crowley investigation and live happily-ever-after. And Crowley is not even mentioned in the last few episodes like he never existed.
Its really a shame, Thrones was so great for 1-4 , good for 5-6, 7 wasnt bad, but 8 just shit all over itself. Its unreal how popular it was and after the last season, absolutely no one ever talks about it.

G

Yeah, Kurt Sutter wrote a bunch of episodes and he also played that ponytailed Albanian psycho, the one who cut off people's feet. He's also married to Peggy Bundy irl, who also had a small part in The Shield. Walton Goggins' acting in that show, especially in the last season, is just some of the best ever in anything. As good as anyone, Day Lewis anyone.
Walton Goggins is great in almost everything. He was funny in SoA and awesome in Justified.

EraGodless

S01E01

How the fuck is Tony able to get away with wantonly driving up to a giant office building and beating the shit out of a worker with Christopher? Where's the fuckin police? Cameras? You can't just get away with shit like that
It was 1997-98. Cameras weren't exactly everywhere. With cameras everywhere and people having cellphones, a chick was just raped on a train while 20 people watched and fiddled with their phones and didn't do shit to stop it.

Joe_Cumia_Eats_HUMAN_SHIT

fuck jews
It was 1997-98. Cameras weren't exactly everywhere. With cameras everywhere and people having cellphones, a chick was just raped on a train while 20 people watched and fiddled with their phones and didn't do shit to stop it.

I guess so but there's no security or anything? The most distracting thing is Tony's voice got sillier and sillier as the season progressed

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
I guess so but there's no security or anything? The most distracting thing is Tony's voice got sillier and sillier as the season progressed
Part of that was the accent changing as he got deeper into the character.....but most of that was the cocaine changing his nasal passages and vocal chords. Gandolfini was bringing coke to the set Artie Lange style. And spent his last hours getting tanked on booze in front of his helpless son. Dude was a mess.

Snake

Part of that was the accent changing as he got deeper into the character.....but most of that was the cocaine changing his nasal passages and vocal chords. Gandolfini was bringing coke to the set Artie Lange style. And spent his last hours getting tanked on booze in front of his helpless son. Dude was a mess.
I can't recall what episode it was, I think somewhere in S6 when he's talking to Melfi and he sounds like they're pumping helium into the room.

I imagine the schedule HBO had him on was driving him nuts so I can't fault him for doing it. But he's got a kid so he was a piece of shit Cumia in the end. Look at his son now. A little queer that doesn't hold an iota of respect or talent his dad had.

P

potatopeeler63

Haha. Maybe that’s why his son turned into such a faggot. The nana syndrome
531635D1-9D71-4A24-9CBA-1B58109AAB60.jpeg

fuck tony beat me to it

G

Someone on here (I think maybe you) mentioned Gandolfini getting a couple of other cast members hooked on coke. Any details?