Eminem - Remastered (old albums)

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Dude when I heard the ending verse of "Bad Guy" from MMLP2 I was so ready for a classic album and I was wildly disappointed in a way that no other album has ever left me ever. It reminded me of the first scene of The Way of the Gun.
That’s his last album that doesn’t suck ass. I threw Revival out of my window like Opie did Godsmakck’s album.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
4/5 of those are mixtapes.
FUCK!!!! To be fair almost every one of his mixtapes are better than his albums. I’d take a Dedication over the Carters anyday.
Weezy rips it up but you should have at least put Carter 1 in the conversation. He’s the best when it’s not his own beat.

This is true but in terms of overall album quality it’s lacking. Like the Carter 4 has a great track run of Blunt Blowin, Megaman, to 6 foot 7 foot, but the album is just all over the place after that in terms of quality and tone.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Dedication 2
Tha Drought 3
The Carter 3
Dedication 1
No Ceilings

Dedication 2 is one of the best rap albums i’ve ever heard (IMO). Front to back the entire things amazing. He is the only guy I can think of who can rap on other peoples beats and basically turn it into a new song more than just a glorified freestyle. And thats something else - Wayne is ALL freestyle. This nigger was in some hotel room just rapping into a mic and produced an album thats not just great but extremely complex in terms of flow, double entendre, etc.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
FUCK!!!! To be fair almost every one of his mixtapes are better than his albums. I’d take a Dedication over the Carters anyday.

This is true but in terms of overall album quality it’s lacking. Like the Carter 4 has a great track run of Blunt Blowin, Megaman, to 6 foot 7 foot, but the album is just all over the place after that in terms of quality and tone.
Yeah, Carter 1 is up there with Illmatic and It’s Dark and Hell is Hot. Wayne is better over other people’s beats.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️

Damn 6 foot 7 is from the Carter 4? Fawk, I’m old as fuck.

starshipretard69

Blue Oyster Dolt
I think Eminem is the best rapper of all time by a very large margin despite the faggy shit he does, but one thing that always really annoyed me was the dumb lie they made up about how Dr. Dre didn't know he was white until they met. Besides his very obviously white voice, every Eminem verse from the 90s on whatever demo Dre listened to was definitely something like "crazy caucasian, my heart's racing in a dark basement."

Sue Lightning

Balconyster

Surely this video changes your mind?

Back when this video dropped I was in class talking to a friend about how ridiculous it was. “And he’s surrounded by all these black guys to look threatening and up his cred.”

My teacher hears me and chimes in “Well he’s from Detroit, and there ARE a lot of black people there.”

I didn’t have the energy to say it at the time but Eminem is not hanging out with random niggers from Detroit.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
I think Eminem is the best rapper of all time by a very large margin despite the faggy shit he does
I swear people only say this because he’s talented and white. I won’t even be such a hater as to say Eminem can’t rap or has no talent because he does and can. Asking “Is someone the best rapper of all time” is a multifaceted question. Do you mean their quality and consistency of work? Do you mean technical talent? Song writing talent? Good taste? All of these have to hit the mark for someone to be the best ever. So does Eminem have a quality and consistency of work? No. His music arguably fell off after his overdose from a technical, consistency, quality, and taste perspective. He has technical talent. He’s lost all song writing talent and good taste.

Even though I like Lil Wayne I wouldn’t call him the best rapper of all time. Literally Kanye is a better fit than Eminem because he actually fits most of these parameters.

Modern Eminem is just so gay. He only uses the same faggot screaming flow anymore. What happened to his different flows, different voices, etc.
The problem is is that even if Eminem knew how to do that style now he couldn’t. It’s not the 90’s / early 2000’s and you’re 50. You can’t go on a track and rap about killing your mom or being evil. It is extremely corny. As far as his song writing ability now he is the most tasteless piece of shit i’ve ever seen. Pick any song off of Music to be Murdered By or Revival and you question how a human made it, let alone someone who was a contender for “best rapper ever” with his first 3 albums.

Thats really how it is with a majority of artists regardless of it being rap. They have a good early run then produce shit for the rest of their careers.

Harry Powell

Semen is the aggression of a man
I swear people only say this because he’s talented and white. I won’t even be such a hater as to say Eminem can’t rap or has no talent because he does and can. Asking “Is someone the best rapper of all time” is a multifaceted question. Do you mean their quality and consistency of work? Do you mean technical talent? Song writing talent? Good taste? All of these have to hit the mark for someone to be the best ever. So does Eminem have a quality and consistency of work? No. His music arguably fell off after his overdose from a technical, consistency, quality, and taste perspective. He has technical talent. He’s lost all song writing talent and good taste.

Even though I like Lil Wayne I wouldn’t call him the best rapper of all time. Literally Kanye is a better fit than Eminem because he actually fits most of these parameters.

The problem is is that even if Eminem knew how to do that style now he couldn’t. It’s not the 90’s / early 2000’s and you’re 50. You can’t go on a track and rap about killing your mom or being evil. It is extremely corny. As far as his song writing ability now he is the most tasteless piece of shit i’ve ever seen. Pick any song off of Music to be Murdered By or Revival and you question how a human made it, let alone someone who was a contender for “best rapper ever” with his first 3 albums.

Thats really how it is with a majority of artists regardless of it being rap. They have a good early run then produce shit for the rest of their careers.
He doesn’t have to do the horror core shit anymore. But what happened to his normal voice? Or sounding playful or funny?

Dusty Dan

the slim shady lp's the only thing of em's I really enjoy, but that may just be because I tend to gravitate towards the wild cards of hip-hop (odb, dmx, danny brown, etc, etc.) anything where eminem is taking himself seriously is straight up unlistenable to me. how anyone can tolerate that constipated rage rapping is beyond me
Made me laugh that you said this then a week later Danny Brown drops a serious album. I like it though, but not as much as Scaring the Hoes.

Voscabulary

jen_tomlinson’s #1 fan
Made me laugh that you said this then a week later Danny Brown drops a serious album. I like it though, but not as much as Scaring the Hoes.
I was a tad disappointed by it, considering it’s a sequel to xxx, my favourite hip-hop album. it felt more like an epilogue than a direct follow up, but it was still solid overall