• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Elon offers to buy Twitter….we know how Piggy feels about Elon and Twitter.

G

^^ Communism is here buddy. Just masquerading as 'too big to fail'. Whats the difference between that and centralized planning "too crucial a state industry to fail".

Soviet Union used to have a huge market called GUM...only differnece between it and Walmart is the board of dierectors for GUM was appointed by the central commie committee, while Walmart its picked by shareholders.

Mike Glyer

Rick is Persona Non Grata on File 770
Forum Clout
^^ Communism is here buddy. Just masquerading as 'too big to fail'. Whats the difference between that and centralized planning "too crucial a state industry to fail".

Soviet Union used to have a huge market called GUM...only differnece between it and Walmart is the board of dierectors for GUM was appointed by the central commie committee, while Walmart its picked by shareholders.
There are definitely some big fucking issues :sniff: with banks, Walmart, etc. Someone will have to bite the bullet next time around and actually let them fucking fail. But then who bails them out? Chinese companies ready to buy up Western assets and ship future profits back to China? Fawwwk that.

Also, I'm pretty right-leaning financially but the minimum wage was allowed to decrease via inflation so much that people working full time were still on government assistance. That's just the government subsidizing profits/dividends and shit.

G

This thread is painful to read in general as it steers into Tomlinson territory but I kind of see what you're trying to say but like Dan the Hung Man said it sounds like you don't actually understand building a business and instead point to autistic YouTube videos as proof of why the emperor has no clues.

Amazon is an example of a profitless company for like damn near 30 years. Are we going to argue Amazon is not a successful business? It's not rare for a growing company to be unprofitable as it reinvests any excess funds back into its development. Are government contracts not considered valid income? Not saying they are efficient or anything but that isn't the company's fault. Take the money. Spacex is putting rockets and shit into space and doing it cheaper than NASA ever did. If Tesla doesn't have any novel or interesting technology it sure is strange that all the major car companies are panicking and trying to emulate what they've done. Like Jerk said, I would not buy a Tesla right now but they took on the auto giants and fucking carved out a successful niche. That's amazing.

The inflation thing will probably suck and our standard if living will likely decrease, at least for the poor and middle class. But the sky won't fall. I've been listening to the Chicken Little shit for 25 years.

Pat is a fat fuck.
[MEDIA=youtube]VkufLgtLGVg[/MEDIA]

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
The inflation thing will probably suck and our standard if living will likely decrease, at least for the poor and middle class. But the sky won't fall. I've been listening to the Chicken Little shit for 25 years.

Pat is a fat fuck.

I remember watching a penn and teller bullshit from 2005~ and they were absolutely mortified and shocked by the number one trillion, fast forward 15 years and there’s trillions announced every few months, tacked onto a debt that’s so ludicrously massive it’s completely retarded to compare it to 25 years ago

Every super power has its day, every super power has its time with the leading reserve currency. A day of reckoning is absolutely coming.

53981d1a69bedd7a57e95373

btw Amazon reinvests profits into itself, what the fuck does Tesla do except hype made up tech that’s always about to come out and never does?

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
I'm tapping out of the thread... way too Reddit-y for my liking (and I'm not talking about r/opieandanthony).

idk man. We’re all being autistic and stubborn here but for me the wider saltiness is this blind American belief in total crony bullshit. Tesla and Musk are not models of success to idolise, it’s the opposite, it’s vapourware con man shit that relies on big government keeping the lights on based on complete bullshit.

so many people think it’s a good thing our economy is based on consuming, that debt is our god given right, that it’s all going to magically work out, that social security is a right carved into marble tablets by god himself and that there’s always going to be enough money printed and borrowed to pay everyone.

G

idk man. We’re all being autistic and stubborn here but for me the wider saltiness is this blind American belief in total crony bullshit. Tesla and Musk are not models of success to idolise, it’s the opposite, it’s vapourware con man shit that relies on big government keeping the lights on based on complete bullshit.

so many people think it’s a good thing our economy is based on consuming, that debt is our god given right, that it’s all going to magically work out, that social security is a right carved into marble tablets by god himself.
Yeah, well I'm not gonna convince you my imperfect system is better than your imperfect system. And vice versa. So like I said, I'm tapping out.

G

btw Amazon reinvests profits into itself, what the fuck does Tesla do except hype made up tech that’s always about to come out and never does?
They literally just opened a gigantic factory in texas and are about to open one in Germany too. Or are these included in the free factories you were talking about?

And you’re 100% right about the hype and about how they constantly overpromise and deliver late. That doesn’t mean that the whole company is bullshit though because they have so far delivered actual products that have proven themselves popular.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
Yeah, well I'm not gonna convince you my imperfect system is better than your imperfect system. And vice versa. So like I said, I'm tapping out.

my imperfect system isn’t pretending musk is going to terraform Mars, and getting everyone driving shitty Tesla’s that can drive themselves, and launching magic spaceships that defy the law of physics every day and giving him billions of made up printed government money our kids will have to pay.

I know business works like that, but at least Ford actually make real trucks at fair prices that people buy and want, and doesn’t rely on just lying about being fuelled by ice in 10 years if you keep bailing them out you know?

G

my imperfect system isn’t pretending musk is going to terraform Mars, and getting everyone driving shitty Tesla’s that can drive themselves, and launching magic spaceships that defy the law of physics every day and giving him billions of made up printed government money our kids will have to pay.

I know business works like that, but at least Ford actually make real trucks at fair prices that people buy and want, and doesn’t rely on just lying about being fuelled by ice in 10 years if you keep bailing them out you know?
You’re arguing against no one dude. None of us said any of that stuff.

you’re calling a company that has produced and sold over 2 million cars vaporware. Do you decide what vaporware means, child? If you want people to take you seriously you cant say dumb shit like that.

G

Are Teslas even good cars? I think they look basic af and overpriced. My mom's range rover looks better than any Tesla out.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
You’re arguing against no one dude. None of us said any of that stuff.

you’re calling a company that has produced and sold over 2 million cars vaporware. Do you decide what vaporware means, child? If you want people to take you seriously you cant say dumb shit like that.

yeah it’s sold those cars and still doesn’t make money without government money, it only got to that stage with government money and investors believing in the vapourware of it being the car for the future with revolutionary battery tech and self driving and all the other crap they shill.

G

Are Teslas even good cars? I think they look basic af and overpriced. My mom's range rover looks better than any Tesla out.
If you’re comparing them to other EVs, from what I’ve heard when I was looking at cars a couple years ago, they are more efficient and have better software that gets updated way more often but have worse cabin comfort and a bigger chance of minor but annoying quality control issues that can be a pain to get fixed.

The batteries seem to be lasting pretty good though, which is a good sign.

Mike Glyer

Rick is Persona Non Grata on File 770
Forum Clout
I remember watching a penn and teller bullshit from 2005~ and they were absolutely mortified and shocked by the number one trillion, fast forward 15 years and there’s trillions announced every few months, tacked onto a debt that’s so ludicrously massive it’s completely retarded to compare it to 25 years ago

Every super power has its day, every super power has its time with the leading reserve currency. A day of reckoning is absolutely coming.

53981d1a69bedd7a57e95373

They've built a bunch of manufacturing plants and are funding research into better batteries that charge quicker and perform better in a wider range of temperatures. While I disagree with their claims on what their autonomous system should be doing, they've definitely helped push that technology forward. They also spend a bunch of money every quarter on paying down that debt you keep referring to.

Volkov

This forum saved my life!
Forum Clout
Its just another publicity stunt aint it? He doesn't have 45 billion in cash, it's all tied up in tesla/space x shares that he can't sell as he'd lose his controlling stake

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
I’ve noticed piggy has been extra angry lately, not only does he have an ever growing mountain of debt, his favorite toy might be taken over by a person the internet told him to hate. Elon being involved with twitter is causing Piggy serious stress

G

Its just another publicity stunt aint it? He doesn't have 45 billion in cash, it's all tied up in tesla/space x shares that he can't sell as he'd lose his controlling stake
He would finance it by putting up shares as collateral, I assume.