• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Elon offers to buy Twitter….we know how Piggy feels about Elon and Twitter.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
I watched that whole thing and it didn’t address anything I said. I don’t give a shit if he’s a bad guy or lied about founding shit or if he’s smart or not. I just said that Tesla sells every car they build, SpaceX is sending shit into space and Starlink is a real thing that actually works right now.

the Elon cult of personality is Uber gay but still, he’s actually doing shit and a lot of it in America. Let him smack around his whore wives or whatever they say he did, I don’t care.
Well I can’t be bothered to find specific videos relating to specific things but it’s all there, if you think starlink works and is a good idea, go watch his series on it etc

he’s obviously successful but he’s not the human race expanding genius people pretend he is. His financial success is almost all his ability to bullshit and raise money.

people genuinely think when he sounds retarded and mumbles and doesn’t convey accurate science that he’s “trying to think about how to convey his genius to lesser people” when he actually is just not that smart and doesn’t know the science. It’s all grand claims and future vapourware “we can power the world with solar alone” and that sort of stupid shit

G

Well I can’t be bothered to find specific videos relating to specific things but it’s all there, if you think starlink works and is a good idea, go watch his series on it etc

he’s obviously successful but he’s not the human race expanding genius people pretend he is. His financial success is almost all his ability to bullshit and raise money.

people genuinely think when he sounds retarded and mumbles and doesn’t convey accurate science that he’s “trying to think about how to convey his genius to lesser people” when he actually is just not that smart and doesn’t know the science. It’s all grand claims and future vapourware “we can power the world with solar alone” and that sort of stupid shit
Yeah, he’s an autistic carney. I didn’t say anything different.

FurBurger

What would you do for a Klondike bar?
Forum Clout
Every Tesla that is built is sold before it leaves the factory and has been for years. I agree that they hype is off the charts but still you can’t deny that it is hugely successful.
Sure I can! You can have a product everybody wants, but if you spend more money than you earn, you can still go bankrupt.

Not to worry, though; big government to the rescue:
Tesla’s dirty little secret: Its net profit doesn’t come from selling cars
Eleven states require automakers sell a certain percentage of zero-emissions vehicles by 2025. If they can’t, the automakers have to buy regulatory credits from another automaker that meets those requirements — such as Tesla, which exclusively sells electric cars.

It’s a lucrative business for Tesla — bringing in $3.3 billion over the course of the last five years, nearly half of that in 2020 alone. The $1.6 billion in regulatory credits it received last year far outweighed Tesla’s net income of $721 million — meaning Tesla would have otherwise posted a net loss in 2020.

“These guys are losing money selling cars...." said Gordon Johnson of GLJ Research

Remember the retards in the other thread saying no way Musk would buy Twitter because its not a good investment.

Welp.
He hasn't bought it yet. Don't confuse him saying he's going to do something (join Twitter's board, sell self-driving cars in 2020, launch solar roof tiles in 2016) with him actually doing that thing.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
Yeah, he’s an autistic carney. I didn’t say anything different.

i know and we’re probably on the same page but I’m just saying look into anything you think he’s doing well and it’s just not the reality, starship is bullshit, starlink is bullshit

i mean they obviously do send shit into space and the reusable rockets are cool but the money nasa gives them are for specific contracts they don’t supply.

it’s how everything works, i’m not an idiot but people do genuinely think Tesla is revolutionary, that he’s going to Mars and shit. It’s insane.

Tesla’s valuation is a big giant Ponzi scheme. The cars are shit, too. Imagine spending 80k on a Tesla when you can just get a good Nisan hybrid for 10.

Uncle Anthony Cumia

Hot tubs, guns and slack jawed brothers
Forum Clout
I still don't think he's buying Twitter, or even trying to reshape it. I think it's just a pump-and-dump - buy shares, build up the hype to send the price through the roof, and then quietly sell.

First he talked about starting his own Twitter clone, then he bought a bunch of shares, then they announced he'd be joining the board, then he refused to join the board, now he's talking about buying it outright. In the last month it's gone from $33 to $50, so if Elon's quietly selling now, he's made a heck of a profit.
$195M is how much his share has increased by since March 4th. Just said it on Fox Business.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
$195M is how much his share has increased by since March 4th. Just said it on Fox Business.

all of musks cash is from loans against his shares in Tesla and spacex. Shares which are vastly inflated and rely entirely on government handouts. They get things like free factories built by tax payers on the back of fake promises of hiring local workers. They never do. They keep getting the money from us, though.

remove tax payer funding from musks portfolio and he has nothing that makes money. Even the boring company is somehow getting 50m contracts to build retarded death trap tunnels.

it’s corporate cronyism at it’s absolute worse.

G

Sure I can! You can have a product everybody wants, but if you spend more money than you earn, you can still go bankrupt.

Not to worry, though; big government to the rescue:
They make about 30% margin on every car they build, which is great. The company doesn’t make that much profit overall because they’re spending billions building factories all over the world and doing R&D. This is typical of any technology company that is growing.

I don’t own the stock because of the nonsensical hype and I don’t own any of their cars because I think they’re overpriced and the quality and customer service is questionable. But to act like this isn’t a successful company is insane.

G

all of musks cash is from loans against his shares in Tesla and spacex. Shares which are vastly inflated and rely entirely on government handouts. They get things like free factories built by tax payers on the back of fake promises of hiring local workers. They never do. They keep getting the money from us, though.

remove tax payer funding from musks portfolio and he has nothing that makes money. Even the boring company is somehow getting 50m contracts to build retarded death trap tunnels.

it’s corporate cronyism at it’s absolute worse.
Free factories?? Ok you’re a retard.

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
Forum Clout
i'm pretty sure all the Weirdos left on twitter who just monomaniacally rant about one topic they find important will publicly declare they will leave the platform if he owns it. They think that will crash twitter rather than bringing back all the people who left because of the faggots. Then the weirdos will slink back but they'll have no power because twitter knows they can survive without them.
Twitter is great for sports dorks. I follow every league, most teams and a few reporters. Highlights and updates across the world are posted in seconds. And there's very little political stuff if you follow the right people. I only wish you could bust balls without everyone getting their feelings hurt.

FurBurger

Forum Clout
The company doesn’t make that much profit overall because they’re spending billions building factories all over the world and doing R&D.
I'm excited to hear about that R&D, given that they've admitted to the California DMV that they don't think they'll ever have full self-driving cars.

If it's not self-driving cars, and they don't seem to have made any progress on battery chemistry, or motors - what's it being spent on?

This is typical of any technology company that is growing.
Losing money year-in, year-out is typical of a dotcom back during the boom; there's only so many years you can do that before your creditors pull the plug.

And again, all of their profit seems to be from government interference - no carbon cap-and-trade, no Tesla (you read that article I linked, right?). And why do Tesla get any carbon credits to sell in the first place? When did they ever sell gasoline cars?

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
Dont bother. These retards dont understand or want to understand how business works.

business is declaring completely made up technology is right around the corner, and using those lies to raise money from investors and the government while producing something totally different?

what businesses operate like that which don’t eventually collapse completely like Enron?

do you also think Facebook are going to create a meta verse like ready player one?

FurBurger

Forum Clout
Dont bother. These retards dont understand or want to understand how business works.
If you have a business that costs more money to run than it makes, it goes bankrupt. That's how business works.

In Musk's case, his businesses don't go bankrupt due to massive government handouts.

Tell you what - you go through this graph, add up all of Tesla's profits, then subtract the $3.3 billion in handouts they got; and see how successful they really are. To quote Pat's new favourite author:

“Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six , result happiness.

Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery”

― Charles Dickens, David Copperfield

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
If you have a business that costs more money to run than it makes, it goes bankrupt. That's how business works.

In Musk's case, his businesses don't go bankrupt due to massive government handouts.

Tell you what - you go through this graph, add up all of Tesla's profits, then subtract the $3.3 billion in handouts they got; and see how successful they really are. To quote Pat's new favourite author:

Yeah but dude, investors are pouring that money in because the next amazing thing that Musk is working towards will actually make money and actually work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 2024! Self driving cars with batteries with enough range to travel the whole country, that can be charged by solar! I’m super serial this time you guys just give me more tax money and more investment you’ll see.

oh you think the blueprints for starship are debunked unworkable pseudo science vapourware? Yeah well that’s because you don’t understand my vision of terraforming Mars in 10 years! I just need more tax money!

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
Don't go, dude - I want to hear about this fantastically expensive R&D you claim Tesla are doing, that results in zero products.

It's not batteries, self-driving or motors - so what is it? Is it bulletproof windows?

it might be their plan to power the United States with solar panels, because they’ll find a way to cover thousands of miles of square footage to cover entirely in solar panels, find another planet to mine the lithium required (as there isn’t enough on earth) - and have them sit back to back working at 100% optimum efficiency, replacing millions of them every year as they break without losing any power, and having a network that has 0% of loss, with enough batteries somewhere that can store it all indefinitely somehow.

theyll also find a way to dispose of the millions and millions of highly toxic panels that break continuously in a green and efficient way. They just need more time, more investment damnit