dinasour bones are giants bones

chocolatehellhole

Please report all Boq extreme posts, stay vigilant
You obviously felt his word was important enough, since you posted it...
Didn't even watch the video
Screenshot 2023-08-11 8.21.21 AM.png

chocolatehellhole

Please report all Boq extreme posts, stay vigilant
Alright, ok. But there's clearly shit they don't know with most other dinosaurs. Most of them are just tiny little bones that they reconstructed what they think it looked like.

I'm not saying they don't exist, I'm just saying the science of it is flawed in many cases.
I don't know. I'm not a paleontologist, FUCKFACE!

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Sometimes I wonder, with the tiny bit of bones they actually find, how can they honestly reconstruct what the whole thing looked like from just that?

Then again, I am an idiot.
They compare the fragments with pieces from more complete fossils or the bones of living animals and can usually figure it out from there. Even back in the mid-19th century they generally managed to make decent guesses of what piece went where and those guys were all zooted on cocaine eye drops.

If the remains are really incomplete, then they're at a loss though. I remember being a kid and reading about Deinocheirus which was only attested from its big fawkin claws and they all assumed it must've been a predator rivalling T-Rex. Then I watched that Prehistoric Planet a while ago and it was portrayed as a duckbilled plant eater so I guess they must've found more fossils in the last bunch of decades.

Dinosaurs are complex animals so paleontologists don't have that much trouble. They had a fixed body plan and there's a lot of analogs. Scientists really struggle with way more ancient lifeforms, like invertebrates from the Ordovician or whatever, because they're so fucking weird and the fossils don't tell us squat about all the soft tissue that wasn't preserved.