• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Danny Ross & Sam Roberts think they have an incredible "work ethic" because they worked 7 hour days

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
Sam could afford to work for little in NYC because he’s a pampered only child, this plus his borderline sociopathic ability to backstab his way up the ladder landed him at the top.

The top being a host on a niche satellite radio show nobody listens to probably netting 110 grand a year. What will he do when Sirius finally goes bankrupt, or the show is axed? He was working for WWE for free, his YouTube doesn’t earn as much as Opies does, which doesn’t say much.

He’s not a good person and I don’t think it will get any better for him than it is now.

I don’t know what Danny does and I don’t care but there’s more dignity in working at a bar than there is being Sam Robert’s for a middle management salary alongside an elderly gay man who raped an intern.

Forum Clout
Sam could afford to work for little in NYC because he’s a pampered only child, this plus his borderline sociopathic ability to backstab his way up the ladder landed him at the top.

The top being a host on a niche satellite radio show nobody listens to probably netting 110 grand a year. What will he do when Sirius finally goes bankrupt, or the show is axed? He was working for WWE for free, his YouTube doesn’t earn as much as Opies does, which doesn’t say much.

He’s not a good person and I don’t think it will get any better for him than it is now.

I don’t know what Danny does and I don’t care but there’s more dignity in working at a bar than there is being Sam Robert’s for a middle management salary alongside an elderly gay man who raped an intern.
Sam has a gay brother. Get your facts straight stupid.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
Radio has the same pay levels as like the mafia or a drug cartel. Bosses get 95% of the money. The staff gets 5% at best. It's insane. Stern is a billionaire yet his staff are in poverty. And his show generates almost no revenue for the company.
I think I don’t know how it all works. I was under the impression that Stern and his cohosts are independent contractors while the producers and support staff all work for Sirius. Does Howard have a voice in their pay?

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
I think I don’t know how it all works. I was under the impression that Stern and his cohosts are independent contractors while the producers and support staff all work for Sirius. Does Howard have a voice in their pay?
at least in the case of howard I remember the initial huge deal he got was basically to produce the show. That's why the contract amount seemed so ridiculous, when all that money wasn't going to howard, it was also to pay the people who work for the show in studio and in the back. But howard being the greedy jew rat he is saw that money as his and skimped on paying everyone so he could keep the lions share for himself. Which really makes howard seem like that much more a fucking heeb. He could literally double everyone's salaries and it would mean nothing for him because of how much money he already has.

I don't think Opie and Anthony or other shows had the same deal. OnA were talent and got contracts the rest were basically employees of Sirius, hence why they could fire Steve C when they figured he was redundant (not that either would have gone to bat for him) and axe danny for being a shithead even when he was anthony's boy. Whereas on howard's show, they don't work for Sirius, they work for him. He was the sole decider on if someone would get the raise they asked for or kept working there. Which is why they all kissed his ass to not get fired and anyone who wanted more money either took what they were offered or quit.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
at least in the case of howard I remember the initial huge deal he got was basically to produce the show. That's why the contract amount seemed so ridiculous, when all that money wasn't going to howard, it was also to pay the people who work for the show in studio and in the back. But howard being the greedy jew rat he is saw that money as his and skimped on paying everyone so he could keep the lions share for himself. Which really makes howard seem like that much more a fucking heeb. He could literally double everyone's salaries and it would mean nothing for him because of how much money he already has.

I don't think Opie and Anthony or other shows had the same deal. OnA were talent and got contracts the rest were basically employees of Sirius, hence why they could fire Steve C when they figured he was redundant (not that either would have gone to bat for him) and axe danny for being a shithead even when he was anthony's boy. Whereas on howard's show, they don't work for Sirius, they work for him. He was the sole decider on if someone would get the raise they asked for or kept working there. Which is why they all kissed his ass to not get fired and anyone who wanted more money either took what they were offered or quit.
Got it, that makes sense why the production staff got fucked since they were employed by the Howard show directly. I’m guessing robin had her own talent contract with Sirius.

Either way, it was a dumb move on his part because his show has gone to shit but I 100% could see O&A doing the exact same thing where they underpay everybody.

They’d also be taking on tons of risk because the production staff would be considered their employees so they’d be the employer getting sued for all the HR and harassment violations.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
at least in the case of howard I remember the initial huge deal he got was basically to produce the show. That's why the contract amount seemed so ridiculous, when all that money wasn't going to howard, it was also to pay the people who work for the show in studio and in the back.
That's what everyone thought initially. But it was all for Howard in the end. And everyone else was contracted to Sirius. Artie, Gary, the News Team, all working for Sirius. Even Ralph was not working for Howard Stern Productions and died without health insurance. Pretty much the entire Sirius contract that Howard has goes to his production company and then to Don Buchwald. Then his production company pays him for tax reasons. And probably pays a few other people like Ronnie.

But the end result is the same in that Howard makes so much money that Sirius cannot justify paying his staff anything more than peanuts unless they are people like Artie, Gary, Robin, or Marci Turk. Everyone else makes the same working for Stern as working for the 60s channel or whatever. And all the stock bonuses and performance bonuses and live reads? Think those go to the staff, or Howard, once they split them with Sirius?

G

howard-stern-beth-ostrosky-stern-hamptons-magazine-party-celebrating-D784XG.jpg

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
That's what everyone thought initially. But it was all for Howard in the end. And everyone else was contracted to Sirius. Artie, Gary, the News Team, all working for Sirius. Even Ralph was not working for Howard Stern Productions and died without health insurance. Pretty much the entire Sirius contract that Howard has goes to his production company and then to Don Buchwald. Then his production company pays him for tax reasons. And probably pays a few other people like Ronnie.

But the end result is the same in that Howard makes so much money that Sirius cannot justify paying his staff anything more than peanuts unless they are people like Artie, Gary, Robin, or Marci Turk. Everyone else makes the same working for Stern as working for the 60s channel or whatever. And all the stock bonuses and performance bonuses and live reads? Think those go to the staff, or Howard, once they split them with Sirius?
I bet Howard’s contract is the big reason why Sirius hasn’t been acquired. Imagine that - your own talent contract being the lead weight on all the stock you have

Single Action Army

We ain't goon hooligans we Maloonigans
Forum Clout
I don't know if the Danny hate is a bit or real but using Sam's 'success' as a radio host on a platform that is funded in large part by free subs from new car or promotional activations isn't really a burn. I bet most people here earn more in their professional careers. Good on Sam for having his dream job but he's hardly famous or a household name. Who cares what Danny is doing but at least he's active in the thread.

How many people here pay for a sub? You can stream almost anything every recorded for free. In fact, paying for SiriusXM is probably one of the biggest rube transactions (trans??? HA HA HA HO LEE SHIT!!! :image_9253:) one can do.

tl;dr I'm a faggot for taking this seriously. Carry on.

It's a burn because even though Sam's position is pathetic, he's far more successful than Danny

DannyRoss’sDeadDad

I’m dead and my son is a faggot. Oy vey!
Forum Clout
Out of radio? Have you looked at what radio people make these days? Am I supposed to be upset that I'm not in radio? Oh no.
Call your uncle and ask him for a job. You don’t need to be bartending. Oy vey, how are you so poor?