• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Danny Ross & Sam Roberts think they have an incredible "work ethic" because they worked 7 hour days

Cygnus Nana X-1

Forum Clout
I don't know if the Danny hate is a bit or real but using Sam's 'success' as a radio host on a platform that is funded in large part by free subs from new car or promotional activations isn't really a burn. I bet most people here earn more in their professional careers. Good on Sam for having his dream job but he's hardly famous or a household name. Who cares what Danny is doing but at least he's active in the thread.

How many people here pay for a sub? You can stream almost anything every recorded for free. In fact, paying for SiriusXM is probably one of the biggest rube transactions (trans??? HA HA HA HO LEE SHIT!!! :image_9253:) one can do.

tl;dr I'm a faggot for taking this seriously. Carry on.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
I don't know if the Danny hate is a bit or real but using Sam's 'success' as a radio host on a platform that is funded in large part by free subs from new car or promotional activations isn't really a burn.
I definitely never meant it as a "burn"--I'm as confused by Sam's success as anyone. I was just curious if Danny and Sam still occasionally chat or text and if Danny ever congratulated Sam on getting the gig

The Talking Dead

My network, heart and book all failed. Hooly shit!
Forum Clout
I was just curious if Danny and Sam still occasionally chat or text and if Danny ever congratulated Sam on getting the gig

I highly doubt Danny has ever been happy for or congratulated another person on their success once in his life. Look up "bitter" in the dictionary and you'll find a picture of his cartoonishly-sized nose. I say this with full respect to him of course.

Cptbaldopie

Forum Clout
7 hours?

I was in the office by 5am, left around 2pm. That's 9 hours in studio, and hour commute each way and then prep at home for the following morning.

Work ethic? I worked for free from October 2004 to mid 2005 just to get part time pay @ $15/hr.

I couldn't stop shitting. I tried leaving the house three separate times that morning. I'd put the key in the lock to leave and feel my large intestine fill up like a party balloon.

Option A - Shit your pants on the way to work.
Option B - Call out.
You lived in san diego? What part. I grew up in lemon grove.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Sam has had success and built a name for sure but what are his options beyond Sirius? WWE is a possibility or maybe something in TV but I don’t see a ton of options.
If Sam could have jumped to the WWE full time he would have already. He has tried many times to get jobs as an announcer for the WWE or work as some 'hype man' or manager type. He must have zero charisma and behind the scenes connections though because the WWE basically gives him the lowest tier jobs. But the second that the WWE tells Sam he can have a full time job with them he will quit Sirius. I would bet that he already told this to Jim hence the Worm's panicking and trying to get a reality television show with Ragnar Ironcock.
My local sports talk radio show gets huge listenership, plays tons of ads, and pays their hosts jack shit and they’re still facing bankruptcy. Radio is a melting iceberg (ice cube at this point) and the only people who get paid anymore are folks like Howard. Everybody else makes peanuts.
Radio has the same pay levels as like the mafia or a drug cartel. Bosses get 95% of the money. The staff gets 5% at best. It's insane. Stern is a billionaire yet his staff are in poverty. And his show generates almost no revenue for the company.

Hudson Margera-Hughes

Heyyyy, HELLHOLE ADLsters...
Forum Clout
I know what you’re saying but Sam is also a tremendous Faggot
And also a bonifde aboriginalster/Klingon headster, stretched out philtrum, retard ankle quarter flipping weirdoster.

Faggot says backpack like "bee-aack pee-aack." He should curb stomped for that alone. And is whore mother that got beamed up by Klingons and run through by aboriginals when she visited Australia keeps Sam's horrific, moldy first Afro haircut in a Tupperware container! That shit needs to be immediately set on fire... And the hideous Afro, too.

Hudson Margera-Hughes

Heyyyy, HELLHOLE ADLsters...
Forum Clout
I don't know if the Danny hate is a bit or real but using Sam's 'success' as a radio host on a platform that is funded in large part by free subs from new car or promotional activations isn't really a burn. I bet most people here earn more in their professional careers. Good on Sam for having his dream job but he's hardly famous or a household name. Who cares what Danny is doing but at least he's active in the thread.

How many people here pay for a sub? You can stream almost anything every recorded for free. In fact, paying for SiriusXM is probably one of the biggest rube transactions (trans??? HA HA HA HO LEE SHIT!!! :image_9253:) one can do.

tl;dr I'm a faggot for taking this seriously. Carry on.
Nah, you make some solid points here, sir. I appreciate it. Further to your point about paying subs to stream anything is rube, herb shit... To pay for Netflix, Hulu, Apple+, etc. any of that shit is also money flushed down the shitter because all that is available free online immediately after it's put up anyway. Most of it's even in 1080p or at the very least 720p. There's no way those gigantic services can stop that shit from being pirated out and mass consumed by the public for free without a full bore silencing of the internet worldwide.

The (((powers that be))) took down that super villain dude "Kim.dotcom" who became a billionaire pirating every single thing he could get his hands on (I think he even bought his own fucking helicopter 🚁 he had so much cash rolling in) and that didn't even make a dent in all the free subscription shit available online!

Last edited:

Nana Cumia

Forum Clout

Saute Night Fever....youknowwhatimean
1704634522333.png

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
Radio certainly isn't what it was but I bet he's easy earning multiple times the national average for 3 hours 4 days a week allowing him to do wwe and podcast side gigs too. His wife worked in media production but was able to quit to be a stay at home mother.

He grew up seeing Opie save and Anthony squander. Other than his toys and sneakers it's not like he as a vice. Soon he'll have had 8 years hosting a morning show from NYC on one of the only talk shows on the platform.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
You have to admit Sam has a pretty solid career and makes enough to own a house, cars and raise a family. Not too shabby. Plus, for whatever reason, he has fans.

I'm not saying you're jealous but dude, ya gotta respect the man for making better of the situation than the rest of you that were formerly involved in the show.
And it's not like Danny can claim he saw the decline of radio coming and got out, he was fired when it was still in a lucrative period. A lot of people were making money, just not him. Hence his bitterness

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
If Sam could have jumped to the WWE full time he would have already. He has tried many times to get jobs as an announcer for the WWE or work as some 'hype man' or manager type. He must have zero charisma and behind the scenes connections though because the WWE basically gives him the lowest tier jobs. But the second that the WWE tells Sam he can have a full time job with them he will quit Sirius. I would bet that he already told this to Jim hence the Worm's panicking and trying to get a reality television show with Ragnar Ironcock.

Radio has the same pay levels as like the mafia or a drug cartel. Bosses get 95% of the money. The staff gets 5% at best. It's insane. Stern is a billionaire yet his staff are in poverty. And his show generates almost no revenue for the company.
Sam discovered the lucrative career path of doing what Todd Pettengill has already done, but worse.

But I don't think wwe is going to give him a full time gig, didn't he start out basically doing it for free? He probably thinks that like radio, if shows he's a company man they'll give him the position but first and foremost they look for talent. Sam has no inherent charisma and every clip I've seen of him in WWE kayfabe bits was the other people all mocking him.

Kurt_Love

Forum Clout
Sam discovered the lucrative career path of doing what Todd Pettengill has already done, but worse.

But I don't think wwe is going to give him a full time gig, didn't he start out basically doing it for free? He probably thinks that like radio, if shows he's a company man they'll give him the position but first and foremost they look for talent. Sam has no inherent charisma and every clip I've seen of him in WWE kayfabe bits was the other people all mocking him.
I think early Jim and Sam agreed they'd both get themselves jobs in the ufc and wwe so they used the show to become boot lockers for both orgs. Jim saw Rogan as a lower comedian so why can't he pretend he likes it too and get a full time job. He got a $100 a pop podcast with Matt Serra for a while that I assume was cancelled 5 years ago.

Sam's only notable event with the wwe was when he had a mini stroke on camera and was repeating incoherent shit into the mic not knowing if he was live or not. He'll never get the Pettengill gig which is hilarious after jocktober.