Cool movies for a 12 year old boy to see?

Phish

Them boys would fly in the mud over my house
Does he like watching boxing/MMA? I remember finding UFC 1 VHS when i was pretty young and thought it was the best thing ever recorded. I was probably closer to 9 or 10. I think I fell in love when that fat guy (Tela?) got his teeth kicked out. At that point Id grown out of being a huge fan of WWF and couldnt believe these guys were actually doing it for real.

7ea6221e3d488c65a56557b3bd5fa0d7.jpeg

Or maybe some good ol fashion Mike Tyson beatdowns or Pride MMA best-ofs?

SquealersWheel

I was only jokin'
Some other good westerns:

The Wild Bunch and Once Upon a Time in the West. Can't really beat the Good the Bad and the Ugly but I think a kid that age would like those. Slightly less violent than my other recommendations haha.

Dougie's Hapa Daughter

Look Daddy! I'm on TV!
-The Austin Powers movies (they are funniest when you're still a kid)

-Kelly's Heroes

-The Dirty Harry movies (esp. The Dead Pool)

-The Last Samurai

-The Searchers

-Metropolis

-Interstella 5555

-Anything by Miyazaki

-Memories (1995)

-Gone in 60 seconds (the original one)

-The Matrix

-Hard boiled

-True grit (the remake)

-Baby Driver

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Apocalyptico is a fucking great movie but I would need to skim through it first because I remember some of the violence making me uneasy as an adult.
It has scenes of people getting their hearts cut out, brotherman. Probably best leaving it until he's a coupla years older, at the age when teenage boys eat that kind of violent shit up. I remember watching Dances With Wolves when I was probably a bit younger than your boy and the part where the muledriver got scalped definitely fucked me up for a while.

I'd also recommend the old spaghetti westerns. Once Upon a Time in the West is something I watched as a kid and is still something that makes me happy rewatching it to this day.

SquealersWheel

I was only jokin'
Here are a few oddballs that I liked as a kid.

MV5BMTk1NDA4OTkxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTAyNTkwMzE@._V1_.jpg

Little_monsters.jpg

View attachment 145780
Man, I loved Little Monsters as a kid but it definitely had some questionable themes for a PG movie. Guess that's what happens when you leave the "parental guidance" up to Hollywood. Not knocking the recommendation, just reflecting on seeing some of the stuff they got away with putting in a kids movie back then.