• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Concerts you wish you could have attended

Forum Clout
ezgif-4-5ecc50845f.gif

G

Almost forgot to mention John Frusciante, 2001 in Amsterdam. I was too young at the time i didn’t know who he was yet, but i would’ve loved to have been there

[MEDIA=youtube]kXmGNAbqJe4[/MEDIA]
You know my feelings on that one, of course.

Alice in Chains with Layne Staley.

Pantera in their prime of course.
AiC with Layne is fawkin brootal. I'd kick myself forever.

Wa4892

Forum Clout
Bands/performers that are in my top 10 favorites of all time that, for one reason or another, I just never got around to seeing live:

Tom Petty
Warren Zevon
REM
Genesis

I have seen them a few times over the last 20 years but would have liked to have seem The Eagles in their 70s incarnation before greed hit in 1994. Now with Glenn Frey dead and Don Felder kicked out of the band, its essentially The Don Henley Band with Friends, yet they charge a ticket price on par with McCartney or Thes Stones like it's still the real band.

Don't wanna get all preachy on everyone but, I am morally offended by concert tickets that cost thousands of dollars. Seriously, you and a date go to a concert for two hours of entertainment and spend an amount of money that could literally feed a village in Uganda for six months ....... is just fucked up to me.

For awhile now if I want to go to a show, I've been sticking with summer tours by mid level and third level tier acts playing at the local amphitheater. In addition to being outrageously expensive, arenas/stadiums are just such a hassle.

G

And for the record, yes 19 year old me ...... and even 35 year old me would have incessantly mocked 55 year old me for whining about the hassles of getting in an out of a stadium parking lot for a concert or football game.

Old age has made me a curmudgeon.
I'm with you, Deuxmia. Had a distant relative die recently, and I went through some concert tickets he had. Tom Petty (really bummed I didn't see him too), Bon Jovi, Huey Lewis, Van Halen, KISS, Aerosmith; and not a one over twenty bucks.

Faggot but props to John for giving a little love to the underrated Rick Nelson.
[MEDIA=youtube]h4S-vnp4txc[/MEDIA]
Great song choice but we don't use the other F word

FEZ-WHATLEY-RETIRES-3 (2).png

Nirvana, In Utero tour. Told my buddy "Don't worry, we catch them next time they come around." Yeah.
Fuck, dude. I think that's the winner for me. Especially if it was after Pat Smear joined.

PickleRickle

You are not a glowie. You are just stupid.
Forum Clout
I'm with you, Deuxmia. Had a distant relative die recently, and I went through some concert tickets he had. Tom Petty (really bummed I didn't see him too), Bon Jovi, Huey Lewis, Van Halen, KISS, Aerosmith; and not a one over twenty bucks.

Great song choice but we don't use the other F word

View attachment 109941

Fuck, dude. I think that's the winner for me. Especially if it was after Pat Smear joined.
Was Smear ever a full fledged member of the band? He was touring help and helped with unplugged. Would he have been on their next album?

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Filipino Supervisor
Forum Clout
My criteria is this. An artist or band you wish you could have seen, but it will now be impossible to see for any reason. Try and keep it to artists who you actually could have seen in your lifetime. Just to avoid the obvious Beatles, Zeppelin, etc answers.

Mine would be Rush. I'm not really a huge fan, but they played in my city in 2007 or something and I got offered a free ticket. I declined, basically because I was being a too cool for the room faggot. My friends told me they were fucking awesome that night. Over the years I grew to appreciate them more, and when Neil Peart died I really regretted not seeing them.

On the flip side, I've turned down free KISS tickets multiple times and will never regret that.
Up ribbed for not going to kiss

G

I didn’t go see Nirvana because my mom was overprotective and wouldn’t let me go. Obviously I should have just done it anyways.

I also missed a free Almost Journey show that happened a couple years ago literally across the street from me. I didn’t know it was happening until I saw a sign a week or two later.