• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Can someone explain why Seinfeld was so great?

Say “Cookie”

ShutYourCakehorn/gassers Alt
Forum Clout
Is it true that they made the George Costanza character Italian to avoid the Jewish miser stereotype?

His mother was stereotypically Jewish on the show. Frank Costanza was pretty Jewish too despite being a presumed Catholic. The episode where George tries to convert to Latvian Orthodox has a lot of references to George growing up in the Catholic church. I have known plenty of Italian tightwads.

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
Forum Clout
His mother was stereotypically Jewish on the show. Frank Costanza was pretty Jewish too despite being a presumed Catholic. The episode where George tries to convert to Latvian Orthodox has a lot of references to George growing up in the Catholic church. I have known plenty of Italian tightwads.

They based the character on Larry David so I have no idea where the Italian stuff comes from.

Carl Winslow

I'm not a Fed
Forum Clout
I loved Seinfeld when I was in middle School, and would watch re-runs while in high school. I didn't see a ep for like 12 plus years; tried re watching it again. Couldn't make it past three eps.

One thing Seinfeld and Friends had that a lot of shows didn't have before and after was a changing fucking cast.

Roseanne for example. the 1st three seasons are some of my favorite TV... But you start adding people like David, Mark, Leon (even thou he was funny), that dumb dyke bitch, Bev. And they end up with their own fucking story lines and shit. Friends, looking back was gay as fuck. But at least it centered around those 3 whores and 3 faggots... always! If someone came into Joeys life, The show was still grounded with Joey. Same with Seinfeld. Yea Newman made stops to the Apartment, but it was always grounded with the four main members.

The office had so many members, and when you added the Jim and Pam shit (that lasted like 3 or 4 seasons) it got so annoying.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
80's comedy was mostly hack with "take my wife please" and shitty predictably formulaic sitcoms. Seinfeld broke the mold because it didn't have a formula. Larry David and Jerry just got coked up and wrote their episodes based on the funniest jokes and premises they could come up with. The plot didn't matter.

This is why the first 8 or so seasons of Curb was so great, once he serialized (Fatwa season?) it started to go downhill because each episode needed to advance the plot. Just alternate scenes between Larry with Jeff, Richard, and Leon and let them do retarded shit. The last season was shit.
I heard a story that NBC wanted to get rid of Elaine after season 3 or 4 and Larry David told them leave it alone. Of course NBC quietly fired her anyway and Larry David immediately got in his car and drove back to NY without telling anyone.

Jerry then had to scramble and convince NBC to bring back Elaine and Larry David to come back to LA, which he pulled off.

Larry David is autistic but he’s the genius that made Seinfeld work. The show got way more zany and absurd after he left.

You also have to respect him for walking out on NBC after they tried to hijack his show. It takes a special type of autism to not bow down and deal with it so you can keep collecting the zillions they’re already paying you.

Not bad

Forum Clout
Almost every funny line/bit in Seinfeld has something to do with George (Larry). Hack kike Jerry just piggybacked Larry to hundreds of millions of dollars. I don't like the show that much, but this stuff is pfg to me:

- "I always wanted to pretend to be an architect".
- "He can be pedantic! He can be pedantic!" (pretending to know about a writer to impress a woman who says his writing is pedantic).
- "Old Tommy C" (pretending to know about the writer Thomas Carlyle to impress another woman).
- His idea of the best summer of his life is to sit in an armchair eating a block of cheese.
- Takes his dead wife's parents on a four hour drive to perpetuate a scam he knows they're already aware of, just to fuck with them.

The only funny bit with Jerry is when he robs that old lady of her bread, and that was obviously written by Larry too.