• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

But...you HAVE to publish my new book.

Forum Clout
I can edit in litcrit but not off topic. Might be a forum thing
Only admin and his alts have editing privileges now noobster

1708395800319.png

DrTorqueCarlisi

Go to mass
Forum Clout
I had a coworker who spent all day talking about writing a book, and one day I just told him "thats not what writers do, talking about achievements releases the same dopamine as doing things, and it ruins your motivation to actually do things" and he threatened to kill me and greeted me with "fuck you" for like months. Buying his self published book was such a joy because its so hilariously bad.

So they actually followed through? I didn't expect that outcome. You might have helped him by making him want to finish it to spite you.

What was the book about? What was so shitty about it?

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
So they actually followed through? I didn't expect that outcome. You might have helped him by making him want to finish it to spite you.

It's about a drug dealer doing "one last deal" before running off with his girlfriend, basically the most basic shit ever, but the funniest part is sometimes he forgets the main character isn't the narrator, and the narration starts talking gangster, it cracks me up.

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout

The thing is for Christmas after the confrontation, coworkers started showing me pages of this piece of shit he had privately shared with them before as a gift, so I'm not alone in thinking this is a horrible piece of crap, and we'd sit in that hall and just laugh our asses off.

RickReternal

I hope people Ouija you tweets after your dead
Forum Clout
Pretty sure it was the other way around, i.e. his publisher telling him that since the first two books in his trilogy sold so poorly, he needed to write a brand-new novel because they weren't going to publish the final book in the trilogy.

Tor is a science fiction publishing house but I still can't believe they didn't make him to write some "orange man bad" book to publish under an imprint. By this point they had to have known Pat's Twitter audience wasn't there for his sci-fi and Tor should've tried something different to recoup their money. (If anyone from Tor is reading this feel free to reach out, maybe we can work out a consulting arrangement.)
Pizza parlors don’t know how to sell ramen.