Best Choreographed Fight Scenes In Movies That Actually Somewhat Look Real

RobertMewler

I just noticed how the guy doesn’t touch the door and the glass shatters in a crappy cgi way. What a terrible stain on their careers this one scene is.
The whole set is aggravating. The scene is supposed to take place decades ago but they left the modern day lamp post, shop doors, and shop door handles in rather than spend a few bucks to replace them or at least CGI them. Totally takes you out of the movie.

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
The whole set is aggravating. The scene is supposed to take place decades ago but they left the modern day lamp post, shop doors, and shop door handles in rather than spend a few bucks to replace them or at least CGI them. Totally takes you out of the movie.

I got about an hour in before tapping out, elderly men playing young men in a really stupid surreal way, boring plot - everyone who pretends it’s some kind of master piece is a faggot.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Edit: Sorry, didn't realise posted above - Eastern Promises - the sauna scene obviously (apologies if age blocked)

I don't think the knife fight in Under Siege quite qualifies but it is one hell of a knife fight:

Finally, Chuck Norris vs Carradine at the end of Lone Wolf - doesn't even win the fight, they just kick the shit out of each other - great film:

With “Lone Wolf” the director had to keep telling Chuck and Carradine to stop hitting each other for real. They wanted to fight for real to see who was the best.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
You'd think at this stage of his life/career, Scorsese would have the balls to tell De Niro he ain't up to doing physical stuff like that anymore and have hired a younger actor.
Or shot the thing seeing the girls reaction (since that was the point of why she didn’t like him and liked Pacino) where you see him come out but the fight is just the sound effects and the girls dead stare of who her father really is.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

Reginald VelPenis
With “Lone Wolf” the director had to keep telling Chuck and Carradine to stop hitting each other for real. They wanted to fight for real to see who was the best.
David Carradine is a dear ghost friend of mine, but I'm pretty sure you could safely give that to Chuck Norris seeing as he's actually a martial artist. Carradine is an actor who does Tai Chi.

The Talking Dead

I'm close to death! Hahahaha hooooooly shit!!
I got about an hour in before tapping out, elderly men playing young men in a really stupid surreal way, boring plot - everyone who pretends it’s some kind of master piece is a faggot.

I wouldn't mind but one of the main selling points of that movie - the de-aging technology was done absolutely shit. De Niro still has those old man cataract eyes, which just totally kills the illusion of him being younger. There was a fan-made version on YouTube of the young De Niro scenes that looked a million times better (different technology tbf but still)...