Best Choreographed Fight Scenes In Movies That Actually Somewhat Look Real

Hudson Margera-Hughes

Heyyyy, HELLHOLE ADLsters...

Personally, once I watched this fantastic classic 80s flick They Live (The Long Fight) back in da day, I've put all other fight scenes in movies up against this one ever since. They did it right with flicks back in the 80s. The dialogue wasn't always on point, but they did a helluva lot better choreography then today with all the dog shit fake CGI blood and 3' tall Jewish actors in 2 foot tall shoe lifts, etc.

This one really only failed in the complete lack of blood flow and splatter that would come from two giant muscle bound monsters smashing their fists into one anothers noses and mouths for minutes on end! Otherwise, this is the gold standard for fight scenes, imo. What say Jew?

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Sopranos had a bunch of them. Ralph versus Tony is probably up there as being one of the greatest fight scenes of all time. Ralph versus Tracey the stripper is another because of how realistic and brutal it is. No feminism or girl power just a small sized older man just savaging some poor girl......for uh....what was it again?

Furio beating the deadbeat owner of the brothel and his wife. Bashing his knees with the pipe and then shooting him. The way he smashes the window and enters the business was great.

Hudson Margera-Hughes

Sopranos had a bunch of them. Ralph versus Tony is probably up there as being one of the greatest fight scenes of all time. Ralph versus Tracey the stripper is another because of how realistic and brutal it is. No feminism or girl power just a small sized older man just savaging some poor girl......for uh....what was it again?

Furio beating the deadbeat owner of the brothel and his wife. Bashing his knees with the pipe and then shooting him. The way he smashes the window and enters the business was great.
Hmmm... I gotta admit that when I went back a couple years ago to rewatch Sopranos again that I was immediately taken out of it by the opening scene when Tony and Christopher run down that dude in front of the insurance place and give him a beating. Wasn't very well choreographed or executed, I should say. Made me stop watching right there. I did eventually rewatch it all and I love it, of course. But that first beating scene isn't very good. It all depends on the actors and how good they are at selling the scene. There are some fantastic fight scenes in that series though, good call! 👌

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Hmmm... I gotta admit that when I went back a couple years ago to rewatch Sopranos again that I was immediately taken out of it by the opening scene when Tony and Christopher run down that dude in front of the insurance place and give him a beating.
That scene was hilarious. Chris complaining about the damage to his car "that's $3,000!". The guy screaming about his leg and later being on crutches when Pussy throws the ice cream over the falls. Tony telling Melfi that they just had coffee and it was totally fine.

The only thing odd about that scene is that it's the pilot so Tony is already boss. He even says to the guy "I run things now". That scene also had Christopher arguing with Tony about getting up early as well which is one of the best exchanges between them on the show. "My mother said I shouldn't go to work today because of my stomach ache".

Hudson Margera-Hughes

That scene was hilarious. Chris complaining about the damage to his car "that's $3,000!". The guy screaming about his leg and later being on crutches when Pussy throws the ice cream over the falls. Tony telling Melfi that they just had coffee and it was totally fine.

The only thing odd about that scene is that it's the pilot so Tony is already boss. He even says to the guy "I run things now". That scene also had Christopher arguing with Tony about getting up early as well which is one of the best exchanges between them on the show. "My mother said I shouldn't go to work today because of my stomach ache".
Yeah, I was just talking strictly about the mechanics of the beating after they hit him with car. Something about it looked half assed to me. The scene itself is great!

I'm just real particular about fight scenes in film. If it's done haphazardly I'm out of the mindset to finishing watching right then and there. Same with people getting high on film. That fake ass people smoking crack in every drug movie with the lighter barely touching the fake crack for a half a second and either exhaling zero smoke or the lame ass CGI smoke which still looks like complete shit in 2024. The crack head scenes in Griselda series are horrible. I'd rather not even see it if you're not gonna film it realistically.

Edit: Sorry, didn't realise posted above - Eastern Promises - the sauna scene obviously (apologies if age blocked)

I don't think the knife fight in Under Siege quite qualifies but it is one hell of a knife fight:

Finally, Chuck Norris vs Carradine at the end of Lone Wolf - doesn't even win the fight, they just kick the shit out of each other - great film:

The Talking Dead

I'm close to death! Hahahaha hooooooly shit!!
I just noticed how the guy doesn’t touch the door and the glass shatters in a crappy cgi way. What a terrible stain on their careers this one scene is.

You'd think at this stage of his life/career, Scorsese would have the balls to tell De Niro he ain't up to doing physical stuff like that anymore and have hired a younger actor.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

Reginald VelPenis
I’ve never seen a fight scene where the actors were winded within 30 seconds of putting hands on each other and it just devolves into a grappling match where neither has enough energy to do real damage to the other so no, I’ve never seen a realistic fight scene.
That's what I was thinking. Real fights are sloppy as fuck and I've very rarely seen anything impressive happen. They all look the same.

Honey Badger

My father has no penis
I remember seeing Ray Liotta’s beating in “Killing Softly” and thinking wow it would it suck to get your ass kicked by two trained hitmen.

Side note: Brad’s Pitt really takes me out of this movie. Hitmen shouldn’t be pretty boys. Pitt had no business working for the mob