Anyone here ever lost someone to suicide?

Brooke Shields

Patrick Tomlinson hates me because I am a woman
Nobody I was all that close to but I found out a couple of years back that a kid I was pretty good friends with for the first few years of school hung himself. Hadn't seen him since grade school. He had one of those weird hippie parent deals where they insisted he call them by their first names instead of mom and dad. Can't help but imagine that contributed to it.

My first real girlfriend (as in the first one I had sex with) also apparently starved herself to death despite her family and friends trying everything to save her. According to her best friend she just wouldn't have it and eventually died in hospital. Then she thoughtfully kind of blamed me for starting it when I dumped her when we were teenagers. That was a fun Facebook conversation and pretty much the last time I ever logged onto that bullshit site.
That's wild

G

Lame story. I don’t know how to use a belt. Wasn’t tight enough, went to adjust it, wife found me. She ended up leaving. As I said, lame story. Should have used other ways
wha? She ended up leaving after catching you trying to kill yourself?

JoshFromMichigan

I miss Norm
I had a friend call me one night apologizing and telling me possessions of his I can have later. It was very odd and he lived only a few minutes away so I went over there. Found him passed out on the floor, throwing up and spitting out pills. I called the paramedics and they were able to prevent him from dying. He told everyone that he accidentally took extra pills and he wasn't trying to kill himself. He called me when he got home and told me I should have never stopped him and he doesn't want to ever see me again. That was tough to hear and I questioned what I did.

A few months later, he admitted to me that he tried to kill himself that night but he was happy to be alive now and glad I intervened. He told his brother the same thing but denied it to anyone else. The guy definitely has demons and is a major fuck up to this day but he hasn't tried killing himself again so there's that.

DMAN

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
One of my internet friends I used to chat with on AOL back in the day, kind of lost touch over the years. But I always remember him moping about crushing on girls and would be way too eager to talk to me. He was nothing but nice and supportive but it just felt fake, so I kinda brushed him off. I didn't even find out he killed himself until years later, he actually had a fiance (I think it was the girl he was crushing on for years too.)

not that Jack Horner

If you saw me IRL you very likely wouldn't look me
One of my internet friends I used to chat with on AOL back in the day, kind of lost touch over the years. But I always remember him moping about crushing on girls and would be way too eager to talk to me. He was nothing but nice and supportive but it just felt fake, so I kinda brushed him off. I didn't even find out he killed himself until years later, he actually had a fiance (I think it was the girl he was crushing on for years too.)

So his fiance is available?

G

Sounds like he was crushing on you, too.

TheNanaDook

About 2 weeks ago, an old friend I used to do martial arts with was found in the woods - 1 month decomposed. Either suicide, drug overdose, or foul play. Dude was literally an actor, a model, rich parents, wife and 2 boys, literally giga-chad incarnate. And just...goop in the woods. It's really weird and I still haven't processed it.

Also - a girl I used to fuck offed herself. I found out a few months ago. It's been a fucked up year.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
A friend of mine shot himself my senior year of high school. A week before Christmas. He was unhappy for a long time. One of our teachers had been on his ass for the whole semester so after that me and other guys in his classes fucked with him for the rest of the year ruthlessly. He later had a stroke and I like to think we had something to do with that. They busted his balls hard in so many little ways, not pest level shit, but fun. like taking stop watches he had in envelopes in a cabinet and setting them to go off in 20 -30 minute increments. throwing equipment out windows. just generally being assholes to him in class

Last edited: