Anyone else find it funny that AntH never engages with big bro on Twitter?

G

76E2F523-BCFC-420E-A2B4-593A7CC1BF15.png

JebJoh

I think Joe's actually too stupid to pick up on this. Anthony was always embarrassed by Joe, even during the O&A days you could sense it whenever the bovine called in.
I remember an early early show on BAB where joe made a deal that he would say the name of a pizza place 10 times for a free pizza. After he did it and won his $12 pie, someone commented "You gave away 2 grand in advertising for 1 pizza" After he did it, Joe thought he had beat the system and made comments like "I did it, and it better be ready when I get there ..... EVERYTHING on it" If I worked in management, that would have been the last time nana ever got on the air and Opie would be handing out stickers at the beach in exchange for the ads he gave away.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

Gregory Pecker
I think Joe's actually too stupid to pick up on this. Anthony was always embarrassed by Joe, even during the O&A days you could sense it whenever the bovine called in.
I don't remember what it was but I was listening to an old O&A clip recently where they're literally talking about some cover band. At one point Opie's like "dey should do a show wit 2U. Dat'd be a great fawkin show." and Anthony doesn't acknowledge it. Then Opie reiterates "wouldn't they be great wit 2U, Ant?" And Anthony's just quietly like "Uh.. yeah.."

JebJoh

I don't remember what it was but I was listening to an old O&A clip recently where they're literally talking about some cover band. At one point Opie's like "dey should do a show wit 2U. Dat'd be a great fawkin show." and Anthony doesn't acknowledge it. Then Opie reiterates "wouldn't they be great wit 2U, Ant?" And Anthony's just quietly like "Uh.. yeah.."
I can't really tell if nana wants to stick up for brovine or resents him. I see the problem where if nana sticks up for him and gives him attention, joe will immediately make a fool of himself and rooon it. So it is possible that nana just doesn't want to be constantly embarrassed by him

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Why did Ron humor Joe so much? He’s on a lot.

JebJoh

I think I was like 19 when I found out about O&A and I remember hearing about joe being in tribute bands and I actually bought the narraTive that he made righteous bucks doing that shit.
He did make great money for those shows, way more than I’d expect, but the big shows like Disney were once per year and he had expenses. He never got a/c gigs or any sort of regular income gigs that keep a cover band afloat. It was like gamblers who always tell you about their big wins but never mention their actual yearly totals. Joe had a lot of days off paid for by his brother.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
There’s something really sad about their relationship. I guess it’s because I have a bro i’m really close with. Opie and Anthony seriously fucked it up. If you listen to extremely old O&A shows, like, first shows they ever did before Ant was even a cohost, Joe is on most of the tapes as a third mic. And if i’m remembering correctly, the idea was NEVER Opie and Anthony but Opie, Anthony, and Joe. Hell, we saw the eventual third mic get added when Jimmy came along. Then, through no fault of Opie or Anthony, Joe just got cut out of the spot because i’m pretty sure when the demo tapes were sent out they just wanted Opie and Anthony. (Because Joe didn’t really contribute much on any of the demo tapes.)

There’s definitely resentment on both sides with varying degrees of right and wrong. (I mean, we all know Cowheads famous “must be nice to have $$$” about Ant.) Joe feels like he helped Anthony get with Opie and was PASSED OVAH when he rightfully should have been a third mic. Truth be told, Ant got that job by being a happy go lucky motherfucker and if Joe acted the same way the show would be Opie and Joe. I completely understand why Ant would feel miffed having to pay this retard for a job he feels he rightfully earned. However, Joe is right in SOME sense that he helped Ant get the job. Enough to get a yearly two decade long allowance predicated on a childhood bet? Yeah i doubt it.

But Joe’s resentment is just retarded. It’s been 20 years since O&A started, almost 10 since it ended. Instead of feeling jealous that his baby bro got the job through shitty impressions, he could have done something to become just as, if not more, successful WITHOUT Ant.

Anyway, 4$ a pound.