Annual O&A census

When did you start listening to the show?

• 1994 - 1998 (WBAB, WAAF)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 1998 - 2004 (WNEW)

Votes: 15 15.2%
  • 2004 - 2009 (XM old studio)

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • 2009 - 2014 (XM final years)

Votes: 32 32.3%
  • 2014 onward (16, knows dick about radio, etc.)

Votes: 21 21.2%

• Total voters

Riccardo Bosi

watches seasons 3-9 all the time, child.
For those who never listened live you missed some amazing days for the O&A show. They would cover news topics as they happened. Had tons of contests that would drag on for months. They had tons of interactions with the fans with assaults on the media, homeless shopping sprees, and live events. Contrary to the new fans ragging on Opie for taking callers, old school fans know that the callers were some of the best parts of the show. The pests practically produced entire weeks of content sometimes like when they attacked other radio shows.
Was there any other show that had the Instant Feedback feature before O&A? Now with streaming it's common to have a chat feature on the side, but they were doing this 22 years ago. People give Opie shit, but people love that live interactivity and for hosts to read their comments.

FWIW Danny claims that Opie was the one who came up with Jocktober, and the funniest aspect of it (aside from Scott & Todd and John & Jeff) was the Pests fucking with radio shows' Facebook pages.

WNEW after school. Somehow they convinced everyone they were these cool young guys who would eventually push old man Howard’s shit in. Fuck knows what we were thinking.
It's a shame, because when you listen to audio from around 2002 before Sex For Sam, they were getting pretty good. The Vos and Norton roasts were great. Howard certainly was somewhat paranoid, and it was really only guys like them and Imus who never kissed his arse.

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.
Was there any other show that had the Instant Feedback feature before O&A? Now with streaming it's common to have a chat feature on the side, but they were doing this 22 years ago. People give Opie shit, but people love that live interactivity and for hosts to read their comments.

FWIW Danny claims that Opie was the one who came up with Jocktober, and the funniest aspect of it (aside from Scott & Todd and John & Jeff) was the Pests fucking with radio shows' Facebook pages.

It's a shame, because when you listen to audio from around 2002 before Sex For Sam, they were getting pretty good. The Vos and Norton roasts were great. Howard certainly was somewhat paranoid, and it was really only guys like them and Imus who never kissed his arse.
Agreed. Since I haven’t been back to it since shortly before they started on XM and have no idea how it sounds now the last year or so of NEW will always be the best “show” they ever did. Certainly the more fun.

XM had its moments and obviously the Patrice/Louie/Colin/Burr stuff is the funniest the show ever got but for the most part it was a lazy, shitty show full of people who stopped liking each other bitching, eating and relying on the latest retard they could overuse to fill up time. It took me years to stop listening every day though so I guess the biggest retard was me.

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
What'd they smell like? Asking for a friend.
One like lilac and gooseberries the other fried chicken, i will let you guess who's who

I started listening because of Joe Rogan, he talked about the boys highly so i had to check it out, i even liked Jims stand-up back then

Back in the days I can't understand a word if people don't speak english clearly, like Rogan or OnAnJ, mush mouth like colin was completely lost on me

Anyway i remember that limey fuck Steven Knight used to upload daily great bloke

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
No and most shows do not allow fan interaction at all anymore. The show also had Paltalk and other chatrooms going constantly where people would feed lines to the show and feed other information. Also sometimes Anthony or Opie would feed information to the pests secretly. Like when we would fuck with Erock or another radio show or whatever, someone from the show would post phone numbers and contact information for the pests immediately to get the ball rolling.

Also sometimes shows would have their own producers sabotage the show and contact O&A. At least a couple of times the pests went to war with another radio show the producers were O&A fans and put callers through on purpose just for the laughs. You could tell that some producers of Scott Farrel were putting people through just to fuck with Scott.
Opie came up with Erocktober first in 2007 just as a joke. Where they just ripped on E-Rock for an entire month for no reason. This concluded with Justine Joli getting spanked on air with the famous 'ohhh' sound effect and E-Rock fighting his fiance over his appearances with women on O&A. After E-Rocktober in 2007 there was Po-vember for Master Po which was hilarious as well. The next year they did one day of E-Rocktober then Opie decided to rip on radio shows that did Rocktober to show how pathetic regular radio was. Ripping on Rocktober shows in 2008 instantly was funny and we got Jocktober which morphed into ripping on all radio shows eventually.

The first Jocktober in 2008 is like a rough draft. All the years after that are amazing. Opie was the one who said not to pull clips out of context from radio shows. Just play raw audio from a day or two of shows and it will reveal how much of wasteland terrestrial radio was. Also the show had been doing Jocktober style attacks on other shows before 2008 but nothing on the grand scale of Jocktober where an entire month was dedicated to pests going crazy alongside the show. The pests also produced a lot of Jocktober by telling Sam and the other producers which shows were bad. And sometimes the pests would help crowdsource which shows from various markets were running prep-burger bits like 'war of the roses', the fugitive, top ten lists, and so on.

Jocktober was so insane during the show when pests would harass the radio stations and their social media. We now know that Terry Clifford had a breakdown over the show harassment. Hilariously she still works on radio and outlived O&A. And has a picture of her and her son (Tefft Pattern) holding up a Feed Nana sign. Other radio hosts would contact Sirius and tell them to get O&A to stop. Some shows even sent cease and desists over the use of audio. If you know insider information on O&A they got sent a lot of C&D letters of the years. Probably the most famous being Jimmy getting sued repeatedly by Roy Den Hollander.

Best Jocktober compilations off of top of my head are The Terry Clifford Beatings, John and Jeff Saga, The 92FM Fugitive and Bobo as the Fugitive. But there are many more. And many other non-Jocktober times where the show trashed other radio shows like fighting Mancow, Scott Farrel, "Do the Bit", and so on.

A House Nigger

Zero Nigger Policy.
My boring, uninteresting story that no one asked for: in the mid 2000’s my cousin sent me a bunch of Stern shows on cassette that he recorded off of his boom box. One show stern was talking shit about o & a, waiting for some I can’t remember what he said. I went on iTunes and download a few shows to check them out. I did landscaping at the time so I would listen to them while cutting grass.
That’s my shit story and I’m sorry for wasting your precious time.
I’m the N word.

Riccardo Bosi

XM had its moments and obviously the Patrice/Louie/Colin/Burr stuff is the funniest the show ever got but for the most part it was a lazy, shitty show full of people who stopped liking each other bitching, eating and relying on the latest retard they could overuse to fill up time.
Remember how they lost terrestrial and they just had Sirius left, and this lead to the Grape Fight? It may not have been great for their exposure, but 2009-11 was the best three year run they had. Not having to worry about swearing etc. was better for us as listeners.

I think Patrice's death, letting Steve C go and Louis not appearing as frequently lead to the show's demise.

TorqueWheeler

Remember how they lost terrestrial and they just had Sirius left, and this lead to the Grape Fight? It may not have been great for their exposure, but 2009-11 was the best three year run they had. Not having to worry about swearing etc. was better for us as listeners.

I think Patrice's death, letting Steve C go and Louis not appearing as frequently lead to the show's demise.
That’s true and I basically stopped listening when Patrice died and Louie stopped showing up as much. Obviously there was a lot of good stuff that I’m glossing over. I actually didn’t even remember Jocktober until someone mentioned it above.

I just despised the whole Big A/Twitchels/Bobo/Other retards eating up three hours of show stuff when it became a never ending daily thing and it really killed the show for me. Anthony screaming about niggers non stop didn’t help.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
I just despised the whole Big A/Twitchels/Bobo/Other retards eating up three hours of show stuff when it became a never ending daily thing and it really killed the show for me.
Lady Di's internship, which was 2014, is still one of the funniest moments on the entire show. Her being allowed in interviews with serious guests like the actor from Game of Thrones was so hysterical that both Opie and Anthony could not even keep a straight face in the interview. And her violently shitting all over the employee bathroom while actress America Ferrara watched it and reported it to security still makes me laugh every single time I think about it.

Bobo also had some of the most legendary moments on the show. Him being the fugitive and getting arrested. Him meeting his twitter girlfriend and then Kenny blocking him and him melting down is classic. Him losing the fitness challenge and then being banned from the show. Bobo versus the Virus contest. I am sure that there are many others.

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
That’s true and I basically stopped listening when Patrice died and Louie stopped showing up as much. Obviously there was a lot of good stuff that I’m glossing over. I actually didn’t even remember Jocktober until someone mentioned it above.

I just despised the whole Big A/Twitchels/Bobo/Other retards eating up three hours of show stuff when it became a never ending daily thing and it really killed the show for me. Anthony screaming about niggers non stop didn’t help.
I have a feeling twitchel was faking it

Riccardo Bosi

Lady Di's internship, which was 2014, is still one of the funniest moments on the entire show. Her being allowed in interviews with serious guests like the actor from Game of Thrones was so hysterical that both Opie and Anthony could not even keep a straight face in the interview. And her violently shitting all over the employee bathroom while actress America Ferrara watched it and reported it to security still makes me laugh every single time I think about it.

Bobo also had some of the most legendary moments on the show. Him being the fugitive and getting arrested. Him meeting his twitter girlfriend and then Kenny blocking him and him melting down is classic. Him losing the fitness challenge and then being banned from the show. Bobo versus the Virus contest. I am sure that there are many others.
Big A, Twitchels, Intern Oscar, etc. stunk. A big problem was having some of the tards in when a good guest was in.

Intern David, Bobo, and Lady Di were gold. Patti and Sandy Kane, I could take them or leave them.

Intern David is maybe the greatest character on radio.

A black friend (I know) who was the Whitest black kid I knew, had a bunch of WNEW tapes of when Vos and Dice were in.
"Hey man, check these guys out, they're really funny. I gotta go pay some bills and then pick up my biological son from school - we saw a stolen bike and are returning it to its rightful owner and I'm going to surprise him with this baseball cap I got him after I crease the brim a little bit so it doesn't look ridiculous. Then we're going to go home and share a non-fruit-based soda with my wife who I live with. Welp, I'd better get going - like I always say, 'if you're not early, you're late'! "

Snake

"Hey man, check these guys out, they're really funny. I gotta go pay some bills and then pick up my biological son from school - we saw a stolen bike and are returning it to its rightful owner and I'm going to surprise him with this baseball cap I got him after I crease the brim a little bit so it doesn't look ridiculous. Then we're going to go home and share a non-fruit-based soda with my wife who I live with. Welp, I'd better get going - like I always say, 'if you're not early, you're late'! "
No, child. He did his senior project on Nirvana, kinda White.

TorqueWheeler

D

Di was a holdover from WNEW and I don’t really lump her in with the one note retards they loved to fill the show with on XM. I know Bobo is generally popular here but I just got bored of him instantly and couldn’t stand how much time they gave to him overall even if there were good bits along the way.

TorqueWheeler

Big A, Twitchels, Intern Oscar, etc. stunk. A big problem was having some of the tards in when a good guest was in.

Intern David, Bobo, and Lady Di were gold. Patti and Sandy Kane, I could take them or leave them.

Intern David is maybe the greatest character on radio.
The ruining of good guests with the tards was what really made me despise them. 10 mins here or there is fine but hours of show would suddenly became dedicated to someone funny reacting to some retard coming it yet again to do the same bit for the millionth time. I guess you could say the same about Norton but I mostly hated him too.