• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Amy Schumer enters the Obscurity phase of her career.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
She probably made more money than any other one.
I remember she was bitching when they were giving people like Chris Rock, Chappelle, Seinfeld, etc big money for a special and they eventually caved and she got a high paying one which sucked and everyone down voted. She was one of the last comedians I remember having an HBO special before they stopped doing that. That used to be the sign you made it.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
More than Tina Fey, you think? She's got SNL and 30 Rock, plus didn't she write several hit comedy films?
That’s where technicality comes in - Tina Fey is much more successful but not a stand up - same with Amy Pohler or even people like Betty White. Betty had a very successful career but was not a stand up, same Lucille Ball, Carol Burnett, Mary Tyler Moore, etc

Last edited:

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
I hate Jews and I don't know why

F9c3eNaWsAANQAU.jpg

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Forum Clout
People like her are realizing they can’t just blame everything on Trump like they could for years.

Worse. She can’t handle that Trumptards are the biggest pro-Israel bloc in the country. Bitch despises Christian’s, who are the reason America supports Israel, and she’s finding out the woke minorities she sided with support Palestine. All good people are supposed to be on the same side all the time!

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Or at least put it on battery saver. Also I think Amy has been pretty irrelevant for the last 6 years compared to how huge she was for those 4 years or so.
She hit at the right time - she was raunchy when they pushed the “girls can be just as raunchy as the guys!” After Bridesmaids became a hit. but not enough to be considered too much as people become much more sensitive which is when she ran out of material. I remember she used to joke about Rape being a gray area sometimes called “grape” which you can’t do now.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Roseanne and Joan Rivers were at least on the same level if not bigger. Ali Wong is probably on the same level
I would say Joan Rivers just because she had longevity and was still doing stand up and various TV gigs into her final years. Roseanne might be bigger because she had a hit prime time show back when they would get 10-15 million viewers each week - same with friends, Seinfeld, etc.

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Forum Clout
That’s gotta be some technicality - maybe she got the most of any female comic for her Netflix special? The one that they had to remove the thumbs up / down one for because it got so many thumbs down. I remember her bitching about other male comedians getting large money deals for specials before Netflix realized they were blowing too much money on stand up. Funny how you don’t even hear about Netflix giving out specials like they used to.
They don’t understand the craft, MAAAAHHHHN
1698858584341.jpeg

Attachments

• 1698858624967.jpeg
    1698858624967.jpeg
    9.9 KB · Views: 7

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
I would say Joan Rivers just because she had longevity and was still doing stand up and various TV gigs into her final years. Roseanne might be bigger because she had a hit prime time show back when they would get 10-15 million viewers each week - same with friends, Seinfeld, etc.
I would absolutely say Joan Rivers is the biggest female comic. Even before I knew what stand up was or any other famous stand ups i knew Joan Rivers from people around me mentioning her (My mom was a big fan or something idk.) I had to learn who Amy Schumer was through this sub.

Zeroman

Potential R* Screenshotter
Forum Clout
I remember her bitching about other male comedians getting large money deals for specials before Netflix realized they were blowing too much money on stand up. Funny how you don’t even hear about Netflix giving out specials like they used to.
Didn’t that fat ass Monique go after them for more money as well?

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
I’ve always said if Nikki Glazer became a hit when Schumer did she would have had just as big of a career as Amy because the material is very similar and Nikki is at least better looking. Amy hit at the right time before everyone become overly sensitive and offended by everything. You got young people now that find certain episodes of Friends a “problem” and “offensive” (not one black person lived in NYC?)

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
I would absolutely say Joan Rivers is the biggest female comic. Even before I knew what stand up was or any other famous stand ups i knew Joan Rivers from people around me mentioning her (My mom was a big fan or something idk.) I had to learn who Amy Schumer was through this sub.
People knew Joan Rivers was a stand up without ever having to see her do stand up. That’s when you’re big. It’s like in sports when people who don’t watch football know who Tom Brady is etc.

But on the other hand Roseanne has FU money from her show and the syndication. Since she created it she gets paid like Larry David & Jerry for Seinfeld. Not as much as them but a very good amount.

Last edited:

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

i wish my rapist would call me back 😍
Forum Clout
I think she had like three estates too but had to sell one when she had money issues. I remember her talking about it on Stern. I think her husband died young too.