• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWD Steve Carlisi Monday Conspiracy?

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Opie also should have directed his anger at the retards at Sirius. But Steve C is an idiot as well. You are getting paid to produce a daily radio show. The bosses and hosts obviously expect you to show up every day and never intended your vacation and sick days to be used to skip every single Monday. That was obviously an error on the part of XM and Sirius's moronic management. They should have worked something out like a raise in pay or a one time bonus.

Steve's idiotic insistence here of being in the right absolutely lead to him being fired and both O&A washing their hands of the situation and not sticking up for him to keep his job. This had to have been in the backs of everyone's minds when his position was terminated a few years later. If the executive producer can skip all Mondays then don't renew his contract because he obviously isn't important.
Steve made this point in the compilation. He says the day after everyone freaked out because he wasn’t in on Monday “Well i’m glad to see i’m so important me not being here caused a crisis” when it wasn’t about that. It’s not that the show is unable to function without a producer, but they should just fucking be there and be present. Aka the bare minimum.

Edit: I don’t know why this is showing LingerLongers comment, i was responding to Doniel.
Fuck this "implicit loyalty" shit to your employers. Steve was entitled to something and he took it. Like ANYONE would be more grateful to or respectful of him if he didn't take those days... Good on the fat queer for milking them for all it was worth.
You are so wrong. Yes, Steve was entitled to his days. He also has a responsibility to the show as a producer - his job. Does doing your job or taking your days off sound more important? If you think taking days off then don’t be a fucking producer because you obviously don’t give a shit about your job. Again, the problem isn’t Steve took days off. It’s that Steve was a lazy asshole who parlayed PTO into a year long 4 day work week when even fucking EROCK realized taking every Friday off would put the show in jeopardy, and he’s a fat fucking do nothing anyway. And if it didn’t put the show in jeopardy? It still looks really bad on him.

Opie also should have directed his anger at the retards at Sirius. But Steve C is an idiot as well. You are getting paid to produce a daily radio show. The bosses and hosts obviously expect you to show up every day and never intended your vacation and sick days to be used to skip every single Monday. That was obviously an error on the part of XM and Sirius's moronic management. They should have worked something out like a raise in pay or a one time bonus.
Again, the entire concept could work if some dumb fatty didn’t take one day of every week for the foreseeable future. It is exactly as Sam described it: Oh boy, now I have a few days off if I need it or wanna take a vacation. Steve saw it as a permanent thing he could take advantage of. Sam was an employee / intern thinking like this which shows how lazy and fucked Steve was.

Lets say everyone on staff individually had 50 guaranteed days off. Just have one person rotating on and off every other day. Steve is off Monday, Sams off Tuesday, Erock Wednesday, etc. then have it loop around so Steve is off on Tuesday so it doesn’t make it an every week absence. That makes it so at least the show isn’t completely dead with staff.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Did the show eventually go 4 days a week? I know their solo shows did.
In 2013 (or 2014?) they started doing the show at 6:30am instead of 6:00am. And letting Sam host the 'Before Show'. And they also would leave as early as possible so that Sam would do the 'After Show' or Norton could do his awful 'Advice Show'. In their next contract they almost assuredly would have tried to work only three or four days a week like Howard. Or gone back to afternoons and four days a week. It would have killed the legacy of the show. They were lucky that Anthony was fired when they still had some energy left to be entertaining.

When Howard started working Sirius his listenership dwindled from the peak of his first week and never recovered even with the merger. It was all downhill and him working less shows was a major factor. Once he went to three days a week with 250 days of vacation it was the death rattle for his show having an audience. Radio fans want a show every day and every morning. Howard bitches like a fag about podcasts then doesn't even follow a proper radio schedule.

Anthony's show being on four days a week and having awful advertising (penis cream infomercials or whatever that was) caused a lot of hardcore O&A fans to stop subscribing to Compound and never look back.

ISO__JOE

Forum Clout
He was trying to use PTO he already used. He got the days off at XM. He wanted to use them again. When you're the EP of the show and you tell your talent - "I don't want to be here 20% of the time moving forward", your work ethic is going to come into question regardless if you "have the days" or not and your talent is probably going to want somebody who wants to be there, in charge, five days a week.

Uhh who gives a shit? If he already used the days then they should’ve accounted for that. I would’ve taken every last one of those days if I were him and HR wouldn’t pay it out or extend the deadline. Leave it to a jew to argue in favor of the corporation. They could’ve easily extended the deadline.

Forum Clout
In 2013 (or 2014?) they started doing the show at 6:30am instead of 6:00am. And letting Sam host the 'Before Show'. And they also would leave as early as possible so that Sam would do the 'After Show' or Norton could do his awful 'Advice Show'. In their next contract they almost assuredly would have tried to work only three or four days a week like Howard. Or gone back to afternoons and four days a week. It would have killed the legacy of the show. They were lucky that Anthony was fired when they still had some energy left to be entertaining.

When Howard started working Sirius his listenership dwindled from the peak of his first week and never recovered even with the merger. It was all downhill and him working less shows was a major factor. Once he went to three days a week with 250 days of vacation it was the death rattle for his show having an audience. Radio fans want a show every day and every morning. Howard bitches like a fag about podcasts then doesn't even follow a proper radio schedule.

Anthony's show being on four days a week and having awful advertising (penis cream infomercials or whatever that was) caused a lot of hardcore O&A fans to stop subscribing to Compound and never look back.
Well, that and being a card carrying fucking Klan member and hitting/biting young girls he had groomed didn't help. Oh, and he wasn't funny any longer.

Single Action Army

We ain't goon hooligans we Maloonigans
Forum Clout
You are so wrong. Yes, Steve was entitled to his days. He also has a responsibility to the show as a producer - his job. Does doing your job or taking your days off sound more important? If you think taking days off then don’t be a fucking producer because you obviously don’t give a shit about your job. Again, the problem isn’t Steve took days off. It’s that Steve was a lazy asshole who parlayed PTO into a year long 4 day work week when even fucking EROCK realized taking every Friday off would put the show in jeopardy, and he’s a fat fucking do nothing anyway. And if it didn’t put the show in jeopardy? It still looks really bad on him.

I bet you don't even steal pens from the office, fag.
Steve put in about as little effort into the show as its main hosts did. I agree he was only hurting himself long-term by being shortsighted and lazy, but in terms of hurting the show or the company, fuck 'em. You want your employee there for the full week you should make financially good on the days he's owed, not some peer-pressure suggestion of "well you don't HAVE to, but you really oughta..."

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
I bet you don't even steal pens from the office, fag.
The difference is is when I was stealing shit from my work place I was an entry level employee. Steve was a producer. And again this goes into corporate PTO shit. Steve had the right to take the days and no one would say shit but if he took them like he was going to he would get fucked over perception wise.
Steve put in about as little effort into the show as its main hosts did.
Which is bad. O&A are the entertainers who are lazy and the producers are lazy too. Thats why the show sucked so bad during the end. They could get by with one failing but not both.
I agree he was only hurting himself long-term by being shortsighted and lazy, but in terms of hurting the show or the company, fuck 'em.
The issue isn’t that you’re hurting the company but by “hurting the company” you’re hurting yourself. As the EP why are you taking a 4 day work week and not being clear about it to the show you produce or even really your bosses. The concept alone raises eyebrows. This fucks over himself in the long run. Even though O&A didn’t last long after his firing he may not have been fired if he didn’t have error after error.
You want your employee there for the full week you should make financially good on the days he's owed, not some peer-pressure suggestion of "well you don't HAVE to, but you really oughta..."
This is the problem, it’s not as if the option is Steve taking every Monday or nothing at all. He had a honeymoon coming up and they said they would be fine with him taking a week. If O&A ever go on vacation he can then use that paid time for however long they’re off. Eventually over a year the days would be used up. Thats how every intern and employee thought - but the executive producer jumped to every monday off.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
Steve decided he was going to maximize his PTO usage as much as possible.

And there's nothing wrong with that.

If you're a baseball manager,

He wasn't. He produced a talk radio show with little prep or maintenance. Next bad comparison.

Does doing your job or taking your days off sound more important?

When you are told that your PTO expires, you don't get paid out unless you use it -- USING YOUR PTO IS MORE IMPORTANT. The onus is on the company to honor the benefits they offer employees. Don't like it? Don't offer it. And at the very least, make ground rules on how the time off can be used.

Would you rather they be gone 1 day per week, or gone for 7 weeks straight? Well, you'd rather they be gone 1 day per week of course. Which is why they wouldn't approve 7 consecutive weeks off. This is what we call a no brainer. A no brainer should mean that you don't need a brain to understand it.

Lets say everyone on staff individually had 50 guaranteed days off. Just have one person rotating on and off every other day. Steve is off Monday, Sams off Tuesday, Erock Wednesday, etc. then have it loop around so Steve is off on Tuesday so it doesn’t make it an every week absence. That makes it so at least the show isn’t completely dead with staff.

Your little bright idea does nothing but convolute everything. Now you have zero idea off-hand who is even attending work on any given week. With Steve's idea you knew exactly what to expect, and a full year ahead of schedule.

It says a lot that the only people in this thread against Steve are 1. a teenager, and 2. a former (in)subordinate who still hate his guts and who hates every single other boss he's ever had at jobs he can't keep.

And punt.

THE D

Forum Clout
As the EP why are you taking a 4 day work week and not being clear about it

What part of "for the foreseeable future" is unclear? You know exactly what day you can expect him to not be there. You plan accordingly. It's much easier to plan 1 day per week with a year of advance notice than it is to plan 2 weeks with less notice.

Why is this hard?

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
When you are told that your PTO expires, you don't get paid out unless you use it -- USING YOUR PTO IS MORE IMPORTANT. The onus is on the company to honor the benefits they offer employees. Don't like it? Don't offer it. And at the very least, make ground rules on how the time off can be used.
Problem is is its not like SXM offered these days off then went “NO YOU CANT USE THEM”. It was that XM gave them the days, the merger happened, and SXM didn’t realize they carried over. They were put in a situation where they didn’t want to but had to give them the days. Not their fault basically.
Would you rather they be gone 1 day per week, or gone for 7 weeks straight? Well, you'd rather they be gone 1 day per week of course. Which is why they wouldn't approve 7 consecutive weeks off. This is what we call a no brainer. A no brainer should mean that you don't need a brain to understand it.
This is a misinterpretation of what I was saying. Again, it’s not 1 day per week for a year or 7 weeks off. It’s take a week off for your honeymoon and then you have 40 other days to use whenever. And as I described in the normal course of a year those days would absolutely be used up.
Your little bright idea does nothing but convolute everything. Now you have zero idea off-hand who is even attending work on any given week. With Steve's idea you knew exactly what to expect, and a full year ahead of schedule.
Well yeah it wasn’t the best but i’m also not a million dollar corporation so i’m not gonna come up with some great plan anyway.
It says a lot that the only people in this thread against Steve are 1. a teenager, and 2. a former (in)subordinate who still hate his guts and who hates every single other boss he's ever had at jobs he can't keep.
I may be a zoomer but I have something a lot of zoomers don’t have: A fucking work ethic. It’s about balance. I’m not gonna kill myself for a company that doesn’t care about me but i’m also not going to fuck off and be replaceable to my superiors. Steve couldn’t do this. Yes, taking your PTO is important not just because the company requires it but because the worker deserves it. However you have to balance it as the producer. I have said this 3 times in this exact thread: How did Sam, the stupid fuck intern, realize he could use all 50 days while also looking good at his job when the EP couldn’t? How did Erock, fat fuck he is, realize he couldn’t just take every Friday off, but the EP could? I get it, he’s a producer so he’s granted more perks like every Monday off. He also has a responsibility which means he needs to be there on Mondays. Tough shit.
And punt.
The chair? DMANs ova here stealing Steves bits…You’re in MY fucking noose!

What part of "for the foreseeable future" is unclear? You know exactly what day you can expect him to not be there. You plan accordingly. It's much easier to plan 1 day per week with a year of advance notice than it is to plan 2 weeks with less notice.
The reason it’s unclear is Steve, not me, not SXM, not O&A. He wrote in his email “I will be taking Mondays off for the foreseeable future”. He had 50+ days. It was assumed it would be for a whole year.

Then when they asked him about this Steve went “Nah its not the whole year foreseeable future just means until idk when”

Which is obviously really fucking confusing. Especially when you consider “For the foreseeable future” wasn’t even sent in the email to O&A, they thought it would be for like a month.

Bottomline Steve fucked up and made himself look unresponsible. He had every right to take the PTO but how he did so, and NOT even just taking every Monday but his lack of communication, fucked him.

THE D

Forum Clout
Problem is is its not like SXM offered these days off then went “NO YOU CANT USE THEM”. It was that XM gave them the days, the merger happened, and SXM didn’t realize they carried over. They were put in a situation where they didn’t want to but had to give them the days. Not their fault basically.

It was their fault by allowing it to happen. They created "legacy" terms where employees were grandfathered in. That is their fault.

This is a misinterpretation of what I was saying. Again, it’s not 1 day per week for a year

Nah that's actually exactly what it was.

How did Sam, the stupid fuck intern, realize he could use all 50 days while also looking good at his job when the EP couldn’t?

You're not even sure that he did that. The fact that he gleefully helped in throwing Steve under the bus for using his PTO suggests that Sam got his "hard worker" reputation by being one of those little faggots who thinks that working on your day off, foregoing benefits, etc. is somehow going to increase your standing with the company. It doesn't, it only allows you to keep the position you have. And that's why Sam clings to the same rung of the ladder he's been on since O&A were there. He's a fill-in at best.

He also has a responsibility which means he needs to be there on Mondays. Tough shit.

Until PTO is factored in and he wants Mondays. Legally they couldn't do anything about it, and Steve would only acquise because he pussied out, then lost his job anyway. His position wasn't eliminated because he took his PTO days that inconvenienced the company. His position was eliminated because the new company realized they were paying 3 or 4 producers for a show that amounted to 2 men in their 50's doing a YouTube React channel.

The reason it’s unclear is Steve, not me, not SXM, not O&A. He wrote in his email “I will be taking Mondays off for the foreseeable future”. He had 50+ days. It was assumed it would be for a whole year.

Then when they asked him about this Steve went “Nah its not the whole year foreseeable future just means until idk when”

Which is obviously really fucking confusing.

There is nothing confusing about that. The logic follows that the company 's only warranted pushback would be to ask for a hard date where the weekly routine day off ends. It's not hard to figure out.

Bottomline Steve fucked up and made himself look unresponsible. He had every right to take the PTO but how he did so, and NOT even just taking every Monday but his lack of communication, fucked him.

He communicated what needed to be communicated. You wanna talk about being irresponsible and screwing over the team? How about addressing the behavior of Danny, Erock, and Sam who gleefully, in the very same video posted above, admitted that when Steve would call them asking for Prep Sheets, info on what bits were used on what day, etc. Danny, Erock, and Sam would knowingly feed their boss false information to make him look bad, sabotage what little work he was trying to do, and cackled about getting away with it. That's not "inconveniencing" your team/company, it's deliberate malice. Have some energy for that, and not a dead issue like a dead guy taking days off in a perfectly legal way where all concerned parties were notified well in advance.

Now go home and getcha fucking shinebox.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

i wish my rapist would call me back 😍
Forum Clout
It was their fault by allowing it to happen. They created "legacy" terms where employees were grandfathered in. That is their fault.

Nah that's actually exactly what it was.

You're not even sure that he did that. The fact that he gleefully helped in throwing Steve under the bus for using his PTO suggests that Sam got his "hard worker" reputation by being one of those little faggots who thinks that working on your day off, foregoing benefits, etc. is somehow going to increase your standing with the company. It doesn't, it only allows you to keep the position you have. And that's why Sam clings to the same rung of the ladder he's been on since O&A were there. He's a fill-in at best.

Until PTO is factored in and he wants Mondays. Legally they couldn't do anything about it, and Steve would only acquise because he pussied out, then lost his job anyway. His position wasn't eliminated because he took his PTO days that inconvenienced the company. His position was eliminated because the new company realized they were paying 3 or 4 producers for a show that amounted to 2 men in their 50's doing a YouTube React channel.

There is nothing confusing about that. The logic follows that the company 's only warranted pushback would be to ask for a hard date where the weekly routine day off ends. It's not hard to figure out.

He communicated what needed to be communicated. You wanna talk about being irresponsible and screwing over the team? How about addressing the behavior of Danny, Erock, and Sam who gleefully, in the very same video posted above, admitted that when Steve would call them asking for Prep Sheets, info on what bits were used on what day, etc. Danny, Erock, and Sam would knowingly feed their boss false information to make him look bad, sabotage what little work he was trying to do, and cackled about getting away with it. That's not "inconveniencing" your team/company, it's deliberate malice. Have some energy for that, and not a dead issue like a dead guy taking days off in a perfectly legal way where all concerned parties were notified well in advance.

Now go home and getcha fucking shinebox.
Who was the Wood Yi guy (I don’t know his real name) who got fired after being at CBS for 30 years, never took a sick day, took the bus every day for 2 hours, and they told him on his last day he was fired and they didn’t pay out his sick time? I’m on Steve’s side, fuck the company but if I were him I would have taken it off in large blocks. They probably would have fired him anyways no matter how he took it. That or they should have paid the days out like a normal company that isn’t a Stern related Ponzi scheme.