• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWD Steve Carlisi Monday Conspiracy?

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Its funny to hear them freak out about someone taking a 4 day work week but Steve was in the wrong here. He literally said every Monday for the foreseeable future. If he has more than 50 days off why would it be unreasonable to assume he is taking every monday off for the year?

Also Steve acts like a bitch in this clip. Starts pouting when they tell him he can’t work 4 days a week for a year straight. “Well i guess i’m not taking those days. SIGH. I was told it was ok and not i guess it fucking isn’t!” Awwww wittle BABY BOY cant take his days off….

Except O&A proceed to tell him he can take a whole fucking week off if he wants to, they just need a producer on Mondays. and he told dumb fucking Erock to just take every Friday off if there was a problem with the Mondays shit.

The interns described Steves mentality perfectly. When everyone found out they had 50+ days off they started thinking “Ok, now i have a paid day off if i’m sick or want to take off, I have vacation time so when O&A go on vacation i can too” etc. Steve saw he had all those days off and went “OH BOY NO MORE MONDAYS!!!”

He’s a lazy ass. Or was. Hang in peace.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
I have vacation time so when O&A go on vacation i can too

The problem here was that XM was in DC, so when the show was off, or people took a day off, that information never went anywhere and sick/vacation days were never deducted from our totals. It all rolled over too, so when Sirius took over and we logged into our payroll accounts, we saw we had massive amounts of sick and vacation days. For most of us, this meant we could take a couple extra days here or there, and not have to worry about it. Steve decided he was going to maximize his PTO usage as much as possible.

If you're a baseball manager, and instead of managing all 162 games, you decide you want to take 32 regular season games off, who wants you for a Manager? The players? The head office? The fans? You can't legally tell somebody what to do with their PTO and an employer can't retaliate for taking your earned PTO, but it sure is a bad look, and Steve already had a few strikes against him. Between this, selling them their own digital content back, and Roland handling 99% of guest bookings, who wanted or needed Steve around. What was he doing for the end product on a daily basis? Is he needed here? The answer was no.

Forum Clout
He absolutely intended to take every monday off for the rest of his (short, as it turns out) life.

The backpedaling and lying just made things worse for him. He should have just owned up to it.

"Yeah I wanted to take every monday off forever, but now I realize that was a dumb idea." That would have shut down Opie pretty much immediately. You can't argue with Opie; it's shocking that no one realized that. Just swallow your pride, tell him he's right, or else you risk a temper tantrum.

I mean I'm glad he didn't do that because his flailing around and arguing in circles made for great radio, but still.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Fuck this "implicit loyalty" shit to your employers. Steve was entitled to something and he took it. Like ANYONE would be more grateful to or respectful of him if he didn't take those days... Good on the fat queer for milking them for all it was worth.
Opie also should have directed his anger at the retards at Sirius. But Steve C is an idiot as well. You are getting paid to produce a daily radio show. The bosses and hosts obviously expect you to show up every day and never intended your vacation and sick days to be used to skip every single Monday. That was obviously an error on the part of XM and Sirius's moronic management. They should have worked something out like a raise in pay or a one time bonus.

Steve's idiotic insistence here of being in the right absolutely lead to him being fired and both O&A washing their hands of the situation and not sticking up for him to keep his job. This had to have been in the backs of everyone's minds when his position was terminated a few years later. If the executive producer can skip all Mondays then don't renew his contract because he obviously isn't important.

Forum Clout
Opie also should have directed his anger at the retards at Sirius. But Steve C is an idiot as well. You are getting paid to produce a daily radio show. The bosses and hosts obviously expect you to show up every day and never intended your vacation and sick days to be used to skip every single Monday. That was obviously an error on the part of XM and Sirius's moronic management. They should have worked something out like a raise in pay or a one time bonus.

Steve's idiotic insistence here of being in the right absolutely lead to him being fired and both O&A washing their hands of the situation and not sticking up for him to keep his job. This had to have been in the backs of everyone's minds when his position was terminated a few years later. If the executive producer can skip all Mondays then don't renew his contract because he obviously isn't important.
He was a dumbass but the company giving people all these hours with no reimbursement is on them. Employees are supposed to just let their PTO go because its the right thing to do? They probably have an entire HR department full of useless pencil pushers keeping track of all their dimes and nickels, how could they let that happen in the first place?

Steve C was a giant baby and should have just said "yeah I'm taking the days, do something about it" nobody there respected him or stuck up for him anyway

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
They probably have an entire HR department full of useless pencil pushers keeping track of all their dimes and nickels, how could they let that happen in the first place?
The amount of resources Stern has despite working only 40 days during the entire year is insane. He has more staff, probably double, than any other show or channel. But broadcasts once every full moon. They might nickel and dime some shows but others are just drowning in redundant jobs and positions and barrels of cash.

ISO__JOE

Forum Clout
He was a dumbass but the company giving people all these hours with no reimbursement is on them. Employees are supposed to just let their PTO go because its the right thing to do? They probably have an entire HR department full of useless pencil pushers keeping track of all their dimes and nickels, how could they let that happen in the first place?

Steve C was a giant baby and should have just said "yeah I'm taking the days, do something about it" nobody there respected him or stuck up for him anyway

He couldve asked for an extension on the time. That’s what I did when this happened to me and HR granted it for another year. If they refused to budge and said you have to take all this by June or you lose it then he shouldve stood his ground on the Mondays or taken a bunch of 2 week vacations. Opie was being a dick about it to make good radio and because it made him think of HooHoo’s 4 day week. Steve really handled this poorly because he was doing nothing wrong and was playing defense for no reason.

DoTheBit

Forum Clout
The problem here was that XM was in DC, so when the show was off, or people took a day off, that information never went anywhere and sick/vacation days were never deducted from our totals. It all rolled over too, so when Sirius took over and we logged into our payroll accounts, we saw we had massive amounts of sick and vacation days. For most of us, this meant we could take a couple extra days here or there, and not have to worry about it. Steve decided he was going to maximize his PTO usage as much as possible.

If you're a baseball manager, and instead of managing all 162 games, you decide you want to take 32 regular season games off, who wants you for a Manager? The players? The head office? The fans? You can't legally tell somebody what to do with their PTO and an employer can't retaliate for taking your earned PTO, but it sure is a bad look, and Steve already had a few strikes against him. Between this, selling them their own digital content back, and Roland handling 99% of guest bookings, who wanted or needed Steve around. What was he doing for the end product on a daily basis? Is he needed here? The answer was no.
It’s a Quannnnspiracy spiracy spiracy…

BenDovid

Forum Clout
he was doing nothing wrong

He was trying to use PTO he already used. He got the days off at XM. He wanted to use them again. When you're the EP of the show and you tell your talent - "I don't want to be here 20% of the time moving forward", your work ethic is going to come into question regardless if you "have the days" or not and your talent is probably going to want somebody who wants to be there, in charge, five days a week.