WWAWD sober October?

Leonard Rhomberg

Who are you gonna replace me with?
1695825488619.gif

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
The mistake people make is succumbing to beer hunger and getting fast food afterwards.
Yes. I’ve gone off the rails lately with beer munchies and it sucks. Now I just cook a bunch of chicken and vegetables and when I am out, I know I’ll be eating that when I get home.

I can go months without drinking easily without really noticing these days. There was a time I would be drinking a couple of pints on the way home from work 3 or 4 times a week. I think since I basically semi retired my drinking went down a lot.

I enjoy being drunk and I am a good drunk too but I hate feeling shitty the day after more. I stopped for about months a while back and when I noticed I realised I was bored

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Best to have dinner first, have a few beers, ignore the post-pints hunger and go to bed. You'll sleep better too.
Yeah I just like to have snacks when I’m drunk, it’s a weakness for sure so I try to at least have something that isn’t fast food / junk. Maybe just eat bigger dinners on drinking nights?

G

Yeah I just like to have snacks when I’m drunk, it’s a weakness for sure so I try to at least have something that isn’t fast food / junk. Maybe just eat bigger dinners on drinking nights?
Up to you obviously mate. Don't you run a lot, or am I thinking of someone else? I think we're in the same part of the world, which would mean there are often plates of cheeses and salamis on the table when the beers are flowing, which is all good. It's the kebabs or McDonald's at one in the morning which are the problem, but obviously we all succumb to that occasionally. Everything in moderation, including moderation! Right, team?
:colin_sm: