• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWD John Carpenter

G

John Carpenter rules. He has so many good movies, and they far outweigh the bad. Even the bad ones are at least interesting. 76-83 is especially solid. Not a bad movie in there. If I ever get a chance to see him play his scores live, I'm taking it.

CuntFucker .

Interesting ideas, shoddy realisation. I like his stuff a lot but it isn't all that good tbchwy. He's neither in the same league as great directors like Kubrick nor in the same league as good directors like Friedkin. He's a mediocre director with good ideas.

johnnynoname

I have a face like a shovel

Naked_Militiaman

Powdered Toast Man
I think that’s one of the few ones that I missed but always wanted to watch. Thanks I’m def going to check it out. You seen the one with Chevy chases gay ass in it ?
"Memoirs of an Invisible Man" is a fun movie though I'm a Chevy Chase fan. Definitely worth a rental for the physical hewmah.

I rank JC this way:

MASTERPIECES:
Halloween
The Thing
Big Trouble in Little China

GREAT MOVIES:
Dark Star
Assault on Precinct 13
Escape from New York

WORTH A LOOK
Any film he made before 1995 except for The Fog (Debra Hill stinks) or the Stephen King shit.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
He has some of the greatest movies of all time. But he is a notorious sellout and will make anything for a dollar. Pretty much all of his top movies are franchised into trash. He also has way more misses than hits. I would say only a handful of his films are actually good or great. And the rest are just cheap Hollywood crap to make quick money.

Great John Carpenter Films:

- The Thing
- Halloween I
- Prince of Darkness
- In the Mouth of Madness

Anything else beyond these that are truly great?

I found They Live to be boring. If Rowdy Piper was truly 'awake' he would have beaten the nigger to death as well. Escape from New York is really goofy but the atmosphere is amazing. There is a long deleted scene at the beginning where Snake robs a bank but gets caught and sentenced to life in NYC. You can see that the entire Metal Gear Solid franchise is heavily inspired by the two Escape movies. That being said Escape from LA is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I remember nearly walking out of the theater for that one. There is a filmed called Lockout that was based off of Escape from Mars, the third escape movie that never got made, that John Carpenter sued over and won that is actually not that terrible.

The Halloween franchise is just garbage at his point. To quote Silvio Dante "Michael Myers is an escaped mental patient". Yet beyond the first movie he has superpowers and immortal. First movie is the only good one where Michael is just a mental case and serial killer who breaks out of the psyche ward.

LiberalPussy

They Live with Rowdy Roddy Piper is definitely up there. Vampires is also pretty good
C2C7721A-FC0E-45C9-99BA-A0B4FBBE799E.jpeg

CumiaPoodle

Brazil sent me a wife with a dick ☺️
Interesting ideas, shoddy realisation. I like his stuff a lot but it isn't all that good tbchwy. He's neither in the same league as great directors like Kubrick nor in the same league as good directors like Friedkin. He's a mediocre director with good ideas.
Fried is my nigga.. I want to watch his entire catalogue

CumiaPoodle

Brazil sent me a wife with a dick ☺️
with all due respect but John Waters is more along the lines of "camp"

this is SUCH a wonderful film that I'm glad nobody knows about........

Btw- "Fear" is one of the few bands I truly consider "Punk"

"Punk" is:
- Dead Kennedys
- Sex Pistols
- Black Flag
- Fear

That's it....No "Ramones" on my list
Yeah I may have used that term wrong.