WWAWD Comedy Central playing either The Office, Seinfeld or South Park all god damned day long

Ladynyahh

He's big and fat, he's Patrick Tomlinson
I don't understand how this channel continues to exist. Can they not find one remotely funny comedian to develop a show around? They made Amy Schumer wildly successful and she was a great big phony!

You would think the amount of money these people make would motivate them to do more than just the minimum of their jobs. Also Trevor Noah was nahhht funny.

EraGodless

Literally no one watches television on cable outside of sports. So the last ditch effort of these cable channels is to marathon their most popular shows in huge blocks. And hope that people leave it on in the background. Streaming and pirating are superior to cable in literally every single way for basically everything.
Comedy Central is available to stream. It's not just on cable.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I think people always exaggerate the death of cable. Everyone Generation X and older still has it in large numbers, which is a huge majority of home owners in the country.
Yeah most people that still have it pretty much have it only for sports. Friends my age (late 30s) only have it because without it you can’t see our city basketball, baseball, and hockey team. I read a interesting article on the concern with baseball trying to get more streaming deals (they’ve been doing games exclusive for Apple and Peacock) but are in a hard place because majority of baseball fans are older and don’t want to deal with figuring out which streaming service they need to watch the game.