WWAWD Bicycle riding?

Opesterino

How does that feel?!
cool bike mang, dont park it outside tho even for a few hours niggers will steal it in a heart beat cause that bike looks expensive

i brought a cheap 200$ road bike for commute and thought no one would steal it, cut off the two locks i put on it after a few week, fucking niggers
thats crazy. I guess I shouldn't put it past people like that as they would steal anything that isn't nailed down. I totally need to get a lock / chain or something that would at least be a deterrent for would be thieves.

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
thats crazy. I guess I shouldn't put it past people like that as they would steal anything that isn't nailed down. I totally need to get a lock / chain or something that would at least be a deterrent for would be thieves.

You need at least 2 locks one for the seat and the other to chain the frame to an iron fence. Most bike have that fast release seat now, almost all the parked bikes in my local area have their seats stolen. They can just walk by and take it within 5 second

Anyway yours is too nice it's gonna be gone if you don't keep your eyes on it

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
While out earlier I was wearing thermal underwear and blue jeans and a button up shirt with boots , like a complete moron. It was dark and cold when I left the house but by the time I got home it was warm and sunny. Was totally in the wrong type of clothing for such. I don't want to wear any of that spandex or lycra but I totally need clothing that is a bit more riding friendly.
Don't get the Lance Armstrong gay wear lol, just wear what you would wear when you go for a jog, biking is almost like running so jeans ain't gonna to cut it

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
Majority of people have their headphones on nowdays. I expect there's more crashes because of that, when they try to ring their bell.
It's so easy to just zig zag around people it's like they are being annoying on purpose

One night I was walking home drunk and brooding, heard the ring ring ring so I turned around and flipped the bird to the dudes face and he almost crashed his bike. Lucky for me it was some old fart and not someone remotely physically threatening or say a pack of teen-agers, I am no actual tough and would've got my ass beaten for that lol. He even apologized pick your enemy folks

Opesterino

How does that feel?!
You need at least 2 locks one for the seat and the other to chain the frame to an iron fence. Most bike have that fast release seat now, almost all the parked bikes in my local area have their seats stolen. They can just walk by and take it within 5 second

Anyway yours is too nice it's gonna be gone if you don't keep your eyes on it
My friend had his bike stolen from his backyard last month and from reading online I guess its more of a problem than I ever thought. I was debating on getting one of those D/U locks but they are not only pricey but you need to find a secure place to lock it up and those locks don't really offer a lot of space to manuver. Im gonna have to read up a bit more on how people set their bike/lock up for riding and storage. At least the bike I own doesn't have any quick release mechanisms but I dont think that will stop someone who is really motivated towards stealing it.

Thank you all for the tips and suggestions.

Opie Army

I coulda been a mawdull
I currently have a fleet of cheap chink electrics, fucking graetest shit to come out since faggoty NJ requires papers for 49cc scooters. Fat Fuck pat's shitstang...what do you think it cost to fill the tank?

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
My friend had his bike stolen from his backyard last month and from reading online I guess its more of a problem than I ever thought. I was debating on getting one of those D/U locks but they are not only pricey but you need to find a secure place to lock it up and those locks don't really offer a lot of space to manuver. Im gonna have to read up a bit more on how people set their bike/lock up for riding and storage. At least the bike I own doesn't have any quick release mechanisms but I dont think that will stop someone who is really motivated towards stealing it.

Thank you all for the tips and suggestions.
lifestyle_with_Seatpost_1024x1024.jpg

Why would they put this in the official shots lol, this brand probably have a real problem with thieves. Anyway I left one of those detachable bike lights on the bike once and ofc they stole that too, they also took the reflective plate which does nothing and worth nothing. Be very careful man

I do 10-20 miles every couple days at least, keeps my cardio good. I've stopped using the bike as post-drinking transport since a couple injuries, but I'm all good when sober & mostly ride in the countryside - I'd wear a helmet in the city, but I don't ride there anymore.

Cycling lets you do some good cardio without the knee-wear of running.

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
I like that at the jersey shore, its the one place where people of all ages use bikes to get around and it isnt gay.
In college I used to ride my bike to work in the city and there were times I was on a narrow street where cars couldn’t pass me and I’d become everything I’d ever hated. Didnt like it but I had to

warchief1978

I am the man with no name...
I been trying to reclaim a bit of my former glory as far as being in shape is concerned. Started the year off at 220lbs like a chud and now im down to 195. I recently just picked up a bike and been riding it around getting used to it. Mannn bicycle technology sure came a long way since the 25 years I last rode a bike. This new 1 I have has all types of bells and whistles that I think are totally not needed but I got the thing for a good deal.

Anyone here else use bicycles ? if so what kind ?

Priority Onyx Continuum
I ride a BH Quartz Shinamo 105 full carbon. I ride about 50 miles every Sunday and once during the week about 15 miles. I've dropped almost 75 lbs doing it. It is worth it. Remember, cycling is suffering.

Opesterino

How does that feel?!
lifestyle_with_Seatpost_1024x1024.jpg

Why would they put this in the official shots lol, this brand probably have a real problem with thieves. Anyway I left one of those detachable bike lights on the bike once and ofc they stole that too, they also took the reflective plate which does nothing and worth nothing. Be very careful man

Thanks for the heads up - lol seeing publicity pictures like that kinda puts me on the defensive, gonna have to make sure that bike is locked and double locked if I ever end up leaving it anywhere. That is insane how people are out there stealing petty shit along with big value items. hell the opester has been getting his side mirrors swiped!

Opesterino

How does that feel?!
I ride a BH Quartz Shinamo 105 full carbon. I ride about 50 miles every Sunday and once during the week about 15 miles. I've dropped almost 75 lbs doing it. It is worth it. Remember, cycling is suffering.
I had to google that model as im still very new when it comes to the different brands / products out there. that BH Quartz Shimano looks real nice, gives off a high performance machine vibe. I only been riding again for like a week but in that time it feels like I reactivated whole muscle groups that have long been dead. Heres to hoping I can transform out of being a Tomlinson and into decent in shape.

Something I've noticed is, in the countryside where I live, if someone passes me on a bike going about ten mph faster than I am it's always a 60 year old man.

They have road bikes, which should be a bit quicker but still.... Where does that old man speed come from?

Stent

black suit and a smile
Sheldon Brown locking technique to prevent losing your shit. Spend money on locks that actually work. Even then all you're doing is making other bikes look like easier targets rather than being impervious to theft.

Opesterino

How does that feel?!
Sheldon Brown locking technique to prevent losing your shit. Spend money on locks that actually work. Even then all you're doing is making other bikes look like easier targets rather than being impervious to theft.
that looks like the most secure you can possibly get with the default locks they sell. I think spending the case to get the correct u/d lock and a chain is probably the right thing to do. thanks for sharing that sheldon brown lock style, I will be using that right away.