WWAWD Bicycle riding?

Opesterino

How does that feel?!
I been trying to reclaim a bit of my former glory as far as being in shape is concerned. Started the year off at 220lbs like a chud and now im down to 195. I recently just picked up a bike and been riding it around getting used to it. Mannn bicycle technology sure came a long way since the 25 years I last rode a bike. This new 1 I have has all types of bells and whistles that I think are totally not needed but I got the thing for a good deal.

Anyone here else use bicycles ? if so what kind ?

Priority Onyx Continuum

G

Two things stop me. First... wearing the helmet makes you look gay. Second... I don't know where to ride the bike. Like, do I go on the footpath or is that illegal? I don't want to annoy the fuck out of cars by riding on the road. If it weren't for those two things, I'd be all in.

Opesterino

How does that feel?!
Two things stop me. First... wearing the helmet makes you look gay. Second... I don't know where to ride the bike. Like, do I go on the footpath or is that illegal? I don't want to annoy the fuck out of cars by riding on the road. If it weren't for those two things, I'd be all in.
yeah I am working on figuring that all out for myself as well. I guess if someone lives in a bigger city they have all kind of pathways for bikes alongside roads and places you can lock it up but where I am its almost all country roads and no sidewalks unless on the main strip. Iam still getting the hang of it all but I try to zig zag back n forth between the lanes opposite of whatever side a car is approaching. not sure if that is the correct method or not but im not taking any chances of not being seen. all i need to do is get injured or killed while trying to exercise.
I don't think I would ever wear a helmet either at least not for exercise, maybe if I was going on a dirt path or something.

Opesterino

How does that feel?!
I used to ride the bike as a kid. Doing 26 miles as a kid for fun. Now I wouldn't ever risk it. Men in Lycra look stupid and cars can make you got splat.

I occasionally run up this extremely steep hill and over take people on their bikes going up it. It doesn't look fun.
While out earlier I was wearing thermal underwear and blue jeans and a button up shirt with boots , like a complete moron. It was dark and cold when I left the house but by the time I got home it was warm and sunny. Was totally in the wrong type of clothing for such. I don't want to wear any of that spandex or lycra but I totally need clothing that is a bit more riding friendly.

G

The bicyclists that get all dressed up in the gay spandax and shit, and ride almost in the center of the road... are they purposely doing that to piss off drivers? Like they want you to get mad so they can be a victim or some shit? They really annoy me.

Opesterino

How does that feel?!
We have more bicycles than humans over here, we have around 17 million inhabitants and 23 million bicycles, i use one daily.

Using a helmet is for queers.
what kind of bikes are popular there? I really didn't get a chance to pick out a style of bike I actually wanted and ended up with what was there which was a commuter style bike and I dont think that is the best for riding up hills. Maybe would have been better served with a beach cruiser or something a bit lighter. This bike is amazing (esp considering that I paid 10$ for a 1,000$+ bike) but if I had a chance to do it over again I would get something sized correctly for my height and also take into consideration the terrain I would be riding on.

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
what kind of bikes are popular there? I really didn't get a chance to pick out a style of bike I actually wanted and ended up with what was there which was a commuter style bike and I dont think that is the best for riding up hills. Maybe would have been better served with a beach cruiser or something a bit lighter. This bike is amazing (esp considering that I paid 10$ for a 1,000$+ bike) but if I had a chance to do it over again I would get something sized correctly for my height and also take into consideration the terrain I would be riding on.
We don't have any hilly terrain over here, so most bikes i see are just basic ones like this

We call them oma fietsen, grandma bikes.

Azor-Carolina-Ladies-High-Gloss-Black-2021.jpg

When we are born we learn to walk and cycle at the same time around here.

Do whatever you like, it's a bike! You pay fuck all in road tax and don't have to follow any rules.

I run red lights, hop on and off the pavement anytime it suits me. I love it.

Sometimes old people shout at me "This is a FOOTpath!" I just shout back "I'm using my feet, aren't I!"

Whiiiiiiiz

G

I just cant lower myself to riding one in public idk why...I feel like unless you're fully geared you probably look like you have no choice.

Opesterino

How does that feel?!
I just cant lower myself to riding one in public idk why...I feel like unless you're fully geared you probably look like you have no choice.
exactly . even tho I am just doing it for exercise and I have a car at home I feel super embarrassed whenever a car passes me, esp if a female is driving. in my head I feel like a broke ass piece of shit .

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
exactly . even tho I am just doing it for exercise and I have a car at home I feel super embarrassed whenever a car passes me, esp if a female is driving. in my head I feel like a broke ass piece of shit .
That's the nice thing about everyone doing it around here, everyone is equally as embarrassed, no exceptions.

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
cool bike mang, dont park it outside tho even for a few hours niggers will steal it in a heart beat cause that bike looks expensive

i brought a cheap 200$ road bike for commute and thought no one would steal it, cut off the two locks i put on it after a few week, fucking niggers

G

Do whatever you want, in 50 years every single one of your day to day interactions you feel self conscious about will be completely forgotten forever in the dustbin of history, like that random nerd jim in 1976 in iowa who was afraid to ask jane for her number. Forgotten forever. MAAAAAHN

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
hey the faggots riding on the footpath and ringing their bell non stop, illegal n annoying as fuck

i am walking here!!

G

hey the faggots riding on the footpath and ringing their bell non stop, illegal n annoying as fuck

i am walking here!!
Majority of people have their headphones on nowdays. I expect there's more crashes because of that, when they try to ring their bell.