• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWD Arctic Monkeys?

Huh?

I haven’t either kind of because I’ve heard mixed reviews. Have you? If so is it good?
Yes, "AM" is extremely good. The whole album is bangers. Probably because Alex was hanging out with the QOTSA guy and trying to mimic their sound, look, and vibe.

The last two albums have been kinda meh IMO. Now they sound more like a lounge act than a rock band.

I got into them in 2004 or 05 when someone sent me the demos on MSN messenger.

They are probably one of the few bands to have found fame online without really being on it and without it being some cynical marketing ploy. They just have songs out at local gigs and word of mouth made then break the UK record for sales in the first week of their album being released.

They could have cashed in and stuck to one particular sound but they make music they want to make. Some of it doesn't work for me but I respect them for just writing songs, touring and fucking off away for years outside of that.

I think they picked up a Teenage girl fanbase from AM but then followed that album up with a concept album set on the moon that sounds nothing like that album. Other than their first two albums which were written when he was about 18 none of them really sound alike.

G

There was a good energy around Camden Town and Dalston when their first album came out. The Libertines had split up, but Babyshambles had released a good first album, Razorlight were coming up and The Others still seemed interesting at the time. It felt like there might be a decent English indie scene. It was short-lived or I just stopped going to gigs. Both probably. Agreed though, their first album was great at the time. Didn't keep up with their later stuff.

There was a good energy around Camden Town and Dalston when their first album came out. The Libertines had split up, but Babyshambles had released a good first album, Razorlight were coming up and The Others still seemed interesting at the time. It felt like there might be a decent English indie scene. It was short-lived or I just stopped going to gigs. Both probably. Agreed though, their first album was great at the time. Didn't keep up with their later stuff.
The early 00s indie boom was the last gasp of the music industry and I absolutely didn't just age out. Nooope

G

One of my favorite bands, and Humbug is probably my favorite album of their's. They're all good, in my opinion. The new one grew on me quite a bit. I saw them on tour for Suck It And See and they sounded great. Matt Helders was fucking awesome live.

G

I try to get into new bands but I just can't most of what I listen to is from before I was born or partly ironic cheese. That said I liked that Wet Leg album because it's kinda pisstakey of itself.
I hear you. My favourite music is from before I was born or from when I was between the ages of around 11-25. Feels a bit lame trying to keep up with current music after a certain age, unless you work in the industry. A bit like one of those blokes in his 50s alone in a nightclub trying to chat up 20 year old girls. It's over, mate. Act your age.